An open letter regarding KOFXIII online play

This letter has been written by the staff at dreamcancel.com in an effort to urge SNKPlaymore and Atlus to address the online play issues of The King of Fighters XIII. Before posting it, I also forwarded it to the appropriate company representatives.

First, I’d like to take the opportunity to congratulate Atlus and its efforts in publishing and promoting an amazing product in The King of Fighters XIII. I honestly cannot remember the last time that KOF was so prominent in the gaming mainstream or was so highly regarded by gamers and critics alike. The Dream Cancel community greatly appreciates your effort.

That said, there is problem with the title – the online experience. While it is true KOFXIII provides a much better online experience than XII, it needs to be improved in order for the game to thrive in the United States. We understand the difficulty of creating a flawless online experience for a country as large as the U.S. with as varied an infrastructure but it is something the Dream Cancel community strongly feels is necessary. While we are seeing a growth in KOF play in local communities, most players both want and need to be able to play the game as flawlessly as possible online in order to build up their skills and confidence so they can participate in tournaments and expand the game’s lifespan.

At Dream Cancel, we have a thread discussing theonline experience and, overall, the community finds it to be decent but not good enough for high level play. Please take some time to review the thread (http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1521.0) and read what the community has to say.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Neil Cambre, aka nilcam
Administrator, dreamcancel.com

This entry was posted in Community, King of Fighters XIII. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to An open letter regarding KOFXIII online play

1. Pingback: King of Fighters XIII Fans Writes Open Letter To Company Reps About Online Play | Video Game Blog, News, Reviews, Articles - The Mog Blog

2. Desmond Delaghetto says:

For xmas I want to play KOFXIII online without getting mad because I’m missing my combos and failing my punishes…please SNKP!

3. MY STADY says:

That sounds about right.

4. MY STADY says:

That sounds about right.

5. Couldn’t have said it better. I can’t praise this game enough, and I’d love to see it really expand and be one of the top-respected and heavily played fighters out there because it’s worth it.

That won’t happen in the US unless the online is fixed.

Atlus is a great company and does listen to its fans – hopefully they can get this to SNKP and SNKP fixes this straight away.

6. Jeff says:

Co-signed as well.

7. Purpguy says:

With the sheer amount of detail given to every other single aspect in the game, the so-so online is mind blowing. Please fix this so the game actually gets the respect it deserves.

8. Definitely agree with the need for improved online experience. KOF deserves the best possible.

9. Akumous says:

I have doubts…I want to be optimistic but I don’t think a patch would do much for this game online infrastructure…we may get an improved online experience with another version of the game, if there will be any at all.

I really want to buy this game, I am huge fan of SNK games and some respects I hold them higher than Capcom games, especially the recent ones. However, at least with Capcom games the online is passable, and for players like me who values online, the current net code for KOF XIII doesn’t warrant a purchase.

As I said before in the past prior to KOFXII’s release and I am going to say it again for this game…this game’s success solely depends on its net code for a mainstream appeal and so far things aren’t looking good.

10. Bolvie says:

Nothing was said about the adapter problem that people keep griping about? Eh whatever, oh well. I’ll have my problem resolved this week because I’m ordering an iNPiN.

11. Yeah says:

Just keep buying the on-disc DLC, maybe then they’ll listen.

12. thec0re3 says:

I can agree with this plea. In order for this game to truly get the kudos it deserves, the netplay has to be on par with what other games in its genre have to offer. I could easily say that the bad experience that I’m having is due to my service provider but the fact is if I can have a good experience with a different game using the same provider, then as a consumer I begin to question the quality of what you are offering. I believe that if you can guarantee your willingness to make these improvements for US and other places abroad you’ll find growth in this community.

13. Pingback: Atlus Aware Of The King Of Fighters XIII’s Divisive Online Mode | GoGoAnime