New SNKP video
SNKPlaymore has released a new video covering HD bypass, alternate guard and other system details.
Translation by The Professor of MMCafe:
– When you cancel into HD mode from a normal, you’ll automatically dash if it’s done as a buffer or during hitstop. But if you do it after the hitstop, a normal B or C attack will come out depending on which button you pressed early when doing B+C. If you pressed it perfectly together, a C will always come out. Same rule applies when doing it in the air.
– Your hurtbox/guardbox during a block is larger than your neutral pose. You can whiff the opponent’s attack at times by crouching without blocking, wheras if you block it’ll hit.
– If you finish off an HD combo by doing an HD cancel, there’s a penalty time where the drive meter doesn’t build up. If it naturally depletes at the end, the penalty time doesn’t apply.
– Alternate blocking is covered by the video (switch between standing and crouching while you’re in block, and you can extend the blocking time).
– The hurtbox during hitback motion is the same for all characters. Other damage motions (like in the air) are different by characters, so it doesn’t mean that there’s no character-dependent combos in the game.
– Some Neomax gain anywhere juggle property when Maxcanceled. This also means that you can whiff the super and kara Maxcancel it to give the Neomax an anywhere juggle property.
– The early frames in crumple motion is susceptible to throws.