ON|Dark Chaotix’s Kula Diamond CMV: Ice Doll Edition
Orochinagi‘s DarkChaotix is back with some quality creative combos (check out his YT channel) and this time he’s going to dissect the Ice Doll Kula Diamond. All his previous combo videos were nothing short of spectacular so don’t expect anything different this time and don’t forget to check out his notes as well.
BGM – Diamond Dust : KoF 2k2um OST
( Thanks to Error1 for the BGM reloop – http://www.youtube.com/user/error00001 )
1. jBCD, qcfx2+A HDC NM (Basic activation of HD in air to NM. Normally NM would not hit but doing a DM / SDM HDC into NM will result into the NM hitting like an anywhere juggle.)
2. jC, cD, qcfx2+BC HDC NM (Hit confirmable NM combo from a sweep. HDC cancelling from a DM)
3. jC, cD, qcfx2+BC~AC HDC NM (Same as above, just with SDM instead)
4. jD, dp+C DC qcf+AC, dp+AC DC qcf+AC, hcbx2+C (Dcing off her dp+C into her breath isn’t easy. In saying that, to do it you treat it like k’ being hcbf+C DC qcf~uf+AC. If you dont do the uf you will get DM or dp+AC instead.
However, doing it from dp+AC all you need to do is dp+AC~uf+AC and the the 2 ex moves will come out.
It is possible to do dp+C into qcf+AC but unlike K’ I find her hitbox for dp and qcf+AC off. Sometimes it works from far and sometimes it doesnt, no matter how quick you do it.)
5. jC, cB, (sA)x3, sB, qcb+BD, dp+C DC qcb+D, dp+C DC qcb+D, qcb+D~f+B, hcbx2+C (If you didnt know, kula has a sA bug which enables you for each sA can get an extra 2 more, if that makes sense. So to do it you press sA to initiate the attack then press ACD all together to get the extra sA. So that combo would look like this
jC, cB, sA~ACD~ACD, sB etc
It has its uses and can be used in block string too. This was also present in Arcade version before console so whether or not it was intended back thennot so sure, but seeing that its still in, I tells me that SNKP want to keep it.
The last qcb+D is tricky to get.)
6. qcf+C, qcf+C, jD, sC (2 hits), f+A, qcf+AC, f+A, dp+AC DC qcf+AC, f+A, qcb+D, dp+AC DC qcf+AC, f+A, qcb+D~f+B, dp+C (A combo that uses her ice breath out of HD. Have to do it low to the ground of qcf+AC will miss. Can be tricky to complete.)
7. qcf+C, qcf+C, f+A, BC, C throw, qcfx2+AC HDC NM (Back in my arcade cmv, I found that K’ and Kula can combo into their throws from their f+A. I thought that was a glitch but it seems anyone that has a move that crumples can do it as Takuma is another one. That said, I did this to show that you can combo into throw and then do NM after it.)
8. Counter qcb+C, jHD activate, dp+C HDC qcb+D, [dp+C HDC qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B]x2, dp+C HDC qcb+BD~f+D, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, hcbx2+C (Combo starting with a counter hit qcb+C into air activation HD combo.)
9. f+A, f+A, BC, f+A, [dp+C HDC qcf+AC, f+A]x4, dp+C (7x f+A in one combo, nuff said)
10. jB, cB, [sA]x3, BC, [sA]x9, sB, df+B, qcfx2+A HDC NM (Similar combo to #5 but this time adding in HD combo. The actual hits written out would look like this
jB, cB, sA~ACD~ACD~BC, sA~ACD~ACD~ACD, ACD~ACD~ACD, ACD~ACD~ACD, sB….etc.
Again, this is tricky to do let alone addin in a HD into it. I would be lying if i said i didnt get confused a few times.)
11. qcf+C, qcf+C, jD [sA]x16, sB, qcb+BD, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C HDC qcf+AC, f+A, qcfx2+A HDC NM (Another HD combo with the sA links, just did one that was kinda flashier and different.)
12. qcf+C, qcf+C, jD, sC (2 hits), f+A qcf+AC, qcf+C, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+b, [dp+C DC qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B]x2, dp+C STUN, qcf+C, jD, sC (2 hits), f+A qcf+AC, qcf+AC, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, hcbx2+C (One stun combo that uses full meter and drive.)
13. qcf+C, qcf+C, jD, [sA]x10, sB, qcb+BD, qcb+B~f+B, [dp+C DC qcb+BD~f+D, qcb+B~f+B]x2, qcb+C STUN, qcf+C, jD, [sA]x9, sB, qcb+BD, qcb+B~f+B, hcbx2+C (Second stun combo that has the sA link.)
14. qcf+C, qcf+C, jD, sC (1 hit), qcf+AC, qcf+AC, f+A, BC, f+A, [dp+C HDC qcb+D]x4, qcfx2+A HDC NM (100% damage combo. The idea is to not link the f+B as it adds to the damage scale and the damage isnt worth it.)