Category Archives: King of Fighters XIV
KOF XIV was made playable at the PlayStation Experience event this past weekend. Many fans have made the trip to San Francisco to try out the demo and have posted their impressions. Here we have compiled everything we know about the game so far. Many thanks to everyone who have been providing us updates on the game including Team Chaos, Vicio, Kings of CO, Wild Wallace, James Jr., Reiki, and more.
*this post will be updated over time, so check back frequently to see all the info.*
- KOF XIV is a “PS4 console exclusive” set to release sometime in 2016.
- KOF XIV is developed in partnership with Sony. As a result, it is getting lots of exposure from Sony including main stage announcements, booth space at PSX. Sony is also hosting the official trailer on their YouTube channel, as well as hyping up the game on their twitter feed.
- SNK is also embracing social media. They put a plaque in front of the demo stations urging fans to tweet about the game using the hashtag #KOFXIV
- KOF XIV will begin a new chapter for the KOF saga.
- Kyo, Iori, Andy, Leona, Chang, Kula, Billy, King, Ralf, and Angel are confirmed. There will be new characters (unrevealed) as well.
- Game modes include online battles and party battles.
- Development is 70% complete according to producer Yasuyuki Oda.
- There will be more opportunites to try out the demo in Japan in the future.
After much anticipation, KOF XIV is finally made playable at the PlayStation Experience 2015 event in San Francisco. Famitsu has taken the chance to interview KOF XIV’s producer Yasuyuki Oda.
Check out a rough translation of the interview below.
Below are some tweets of pictures and videos of what players are seeing at Playstation Experience for King of Fighters XIV!
PSX Official Trailer:
— KOFcollector™ (@KOFcollector) December 5, 2015
KoF XIV looking a lot better than the leaks months ago. #KOFXIV
— Caleb (@CaspianCrawdad) December 5, 2015
— Furious (@Furious_blog) December 5, 2015
Source: Kingsofco Youtube Channel
We only expected to see anything new about KoF XIV, but SNKP released something new before that – a new trailer:
Andy is now confirmed in the cast, with a slightly revised look like everyone else so far, and other visual tweaks can also been seen – namely, Kyo now has brown hair instead of the black he had in previous trailers.
Who knows what else we can find out in the event itself with the playable demo?
The PlayStation Experience 2015 event takes place on December 5th and 6th.
During the SCE Press Conference in Korea, SNK Playmore showed the 2nd teaser trailer for KOF XIV. The new trailer reveals that Chang and Leona are returning to the cast. The King of Fighter XIV is set to release sometime next year on PS4.
To celebrate the launch of KOF98ol, the production team decided to take a tour to visit SNK Osaka Headquarters. They had a chance to sit down and briefly chat with the KOF XIV director Yasuyuki Oda. Head over to Orochinagi for a translation of the full interview. Though Oda did not reveal much in this brief interview, it is the first time we learned that Oda will be the director of KOF XIV.
According to the Moby games database, Oda spent his career at Dimps working on Capcom’s SF4 series. He started out as a battle designer for SF4, then as a game designer for SSF4 and SFxT, and also served as director of SF4:AE. Before joining Dimps, Oda was a former SNK employee from 1993-2000. He returned to SNK Playmore in February, 2014 according to Kof Koucha.
Given his long history with the SF4 series, there will be a good chance that we might see some of the SF4 influences in KOF XIV. Let us know in the comments what you think of this.