Author Topic: The Bracket: When Worlds Collide! Discussion Thread  (Read 9696 times)

Dark Geese

The Bracket: When Worlds Collide! Discussion Thread
« on: March 20, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »
Okay guys I am sure you have heard about No. 17's trip to Mexico and the USA recently, now me and Oscar are trying to make a SUPER Tournament that will unite the USA, Mexico, No. 17 and possibly more top players from Japan which will be the decisive KOFXIII tournament of the year!!!

Date: July 2nd-3rd, 2011

Staff: Dark Geese, THE ANSWER, No. 17, Luis Cha, Kula, Team Lago

Games: TBD but for certain KOF13,

** $300 Bonus pot TOTAL to be spread out for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for the Winners of KOF13!!! **

and of course so that Mexican players and Japanese and maybe some Americans can have some additional fun:

KOF 2002 (PS2)
KOF 2002 UM
KOF 98UM
KOFXI
SSF4
BBCS
MVC3

**This will also be the Last Chance Qualifier for the Mexico vs. Peru 2011 trip!!**

The winner will get 40% of their flight covered!

All updates will go here everyone, please do not post any updates on any other forum, we request that all information be central here, you can mention what is going on but we want all information central to this particular thread.

Now again this is a tentative tournament name, but this is just to get something going for the time being.

EDIT: Name Change has been finalized, The Bracket: When Worlds Collide! is the final name change.

Registration Fee: TBD

-DG
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:49:33 AM by Dark Geese »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: The Revolution 2011 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:44:55 PM »
Tentative date of this event is July 2nd and 3rd, 2011.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »

That works for me I will start the promotion for people to get off for this date!

dopvlur

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »

That works for me I will start the promotion for people to get off for this date!

Hi, first post.

Just let me know when the posters or flyers are ready to stick them in the arcades of Mexicali (please mention the prizes) or send a mail to the kof/sf sub-communities in the city.

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »

Hi, first post.

Just let me know when the posters or flyers are ready to stick them in the arcades of Mexicali (please mention the prizes) or send a mail to the kof/sf sub-communities in the city.

Okay will do thanks!! If you can contact JuanIori and please invite him to this event!!!

dopvlur

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »

Hi, first post.

Okay will do thanks!! If you can contact JuanIori and please invite him to this event!!!

Of course, we play in the same arcade, also Vegar and other KOFers mainly 98/98UM.

Wish you the best luck in this event and all the people of DC, this site is getting better as you planned while the community is growing, or at least knowing each other.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:19:18 PM by dopvlur »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: The ReVolution 2011: When Worlds Collide! Discussion Thread
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
DG has added a $300 USD bonus pot to make things more interesting.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
DG has added a $300 USD bonus pot to make things more interesting.

Yes $300 Bonus Pot total for the winners of KOF13 (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and for now I hear these people are confirmed:

-Myself, Oscar, and No. 17 (Obviously)
-NUTS
-Vegar
-Mr. KOF
-Reynald
-Coco and Brenan
-KULA
-Luis Cha
-People from Mexico City and Puebla
-Skato
-YYSU for one day it seems (July 3rd)
-JuanIori

Mr. KOF dude you gotta play Kula in a multi KOF challenge, not for money but just to make it finally happen!!! We will keep you guys posted on more developments from Japanese players etc!

Also Mr. KOF and Reynald, Coco and Brenan say they want a Team Money Match vs. you guys..in KOF13..

So Team Deadly Duo vs. Team D.F. for money..you guys down?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:52:33 AM by Dark Geese »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »
I may show up depending on which weekend it is. I won'y be able to attend the weekend before July 4th, but will be able to the weekend after.

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
I may show up depending on which weekend it is. I won'y be able to attend the weekend before July 4th, but will be able to the weekend after.

Date we have is July 2nd and 3rd, 2011, that is set in stone.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 07:52:33 PM »

Ok well I'll check up later when the date you set is finalized. July 4th is a holiday as you know, but it's also an anniversary with my gf.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 09:21:36 PM »

Ok well I'll check up later when the date you set is finalized. July 4th is a holiday as you know, but it's also an anniversary with my gf.

I really hope you can make it, it's going to be lots of fun and we need the best Ash player in the US for the 5v5 exhibition :).
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »

I really hope you can make it, it's going to be lots of fun and we need the best Ash player in the US for the 5v5 exhibition :).

I might be able to go if I buy her a diamond ring =P

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 10:48:09 PM »
man i wish i could go but those dates are spoken for at my work like two years in advance
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 11:15:11 PM »

I might be able to go if I buy her a diamond ring =P

In the name of gaming... ;)