Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 70587 times)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 03:01:16 AM »
Well I think you could argue that Bind was an uneccesary addition and that they could have expanded the gameplay more in other areas more, however the way bind is used can vary greatly from situation to situation and mainly only  high level players are able to fully utilize it so it's not like it was just a quick and easy way to get extra damage and in my opinion added a layer of depth to juggles since bind can greatly change your combo.

I put a generic name baccano, if you want another one, just tell me
The name is fine and I don't mind that it's generic
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
Idk why, but I suddenly have the intense urge to learn Tekken.  So freaking random.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 07:08:57 AM »
Don't do it. Save yourself the grind.

I kid, but being competitive in Tekken is some serious work though.  :(

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
Don't do it. Save yourself the grind.

I kid, but being competitive in Tekken is some serious work though.  :(

Meh, I'm not afraid.  Besides...not like I have to REALLY hit it hard until Tekken Tag 2 comes out since T6 has died down, and TTT2 doesn't hit here until next holiday season.  I got plenty of time to digest.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »
Meh, I'm not afraid.  Besides...not like I have to REALLY hit it hard until Tekken Tag 2 comes out since T6 has died down, and TTT2 doesn't hit here until next holiday season.  I got plenty of time to digest.

Well i'd still suggest you get on it pronto since as it's been pointed out learning Tekken is a daunting task and most people quit fairly early on, whether it's the insanely long move lists, timing intensive combos,stage specific/postion specific combos and so many other little deatils that seperate the average player from the real good players i'd say that you absolutely must a)be willing to spend many hours learning situtional and character specific details b)join Tekken specific sites to help learn from more experienced players and c)perhaps most important is the fact that the online is god awful and you likely won't be able to get in any decent matches unless you have people to play with offline.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 12:11:31 AM »
Well that last part might screw me.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 12:28:50 AM »
Well that last part might screw me.

yeah a many people have tried T6 online and a many people have left with broken items including but not limited to controllers, chairs and bones(i'm not kidding I know a guy who punched a wall and broke a small bone in his hand) and if you ever watch the show "Bogus Journeys" on Level Up Your Game you'll know why everyone hates the online so much and the online much like in KOF 13 is the major flaw thats driven away a lot of people that would otherwise play it seriously.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 05:54:42 AM »
Yeah, that lag ruined the online game because of how time sensitive everything and speedy the game is.

Why can't they steal Sega's VF5O netcode. Seriously?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 06:16:51 AM »
You can say that for all Fighting Games I guess.

Regardless, without an offline scene, guess I'm better off without bothering.  Oh well.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »
Regardless, without an offline scene, guess I'm better off without bothering.  Oh well.
Well I would say that you're never better off not trying since as its been pointed out Tekken isn't exactly a pick up and play type game there are still many things you can still learn/experience.In addition to this if you're genuinely interested in the game why wouldn't you want to learn more about it simply to be more informed about the game so when Tag2 comes you're already a step ahead, not to mention the fact that you'd still be able to appreciate the game in tournament settings and could watch streams and understand what exactly is happening or when uninformed idiots espouse nonsense like "Bob is broken because 4 people playing him made top 8 at Evo and only 2 Yuns did so he must be broken." you'd be able to tell this kind of bullshit from the truth.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »
I could already tell the BS from the truth, even with barebones knowledge of Tekken 6.  But I'm not in the business of just learning a game just so I can understand it better when I watch other people play it.  It's the effort that Tekken requires that makes me nervous, not so much because of the fact that it takes effort.  I like putting effort in something and learning, especially when I have people helping along the way.  But it'd be like taking 2 courses of Calculus, and then taking a custodial position.  Yeah, I won't look like a moron when people talk about it, but if I can't put what I learned to actual use then what did I learn it for in the first place?

I guess, it comes down to if I can trust if TTT2 will have a good netcode or not...and I don't trust any game in this day in age...or ever, FG wise to have a good netcode.

Now if EC, in particular Philly and NYC have a decent Tekken scene, then I can feel better looking into it, or if I can actually trust TTT2's netcode to not suck.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
But it'd be like taking 2 courses of Calculus, and then taking a custodial position.  Yeah, I won't look like a moron when people talk about it, but if I can't put what I learned to actual use then what did I learn it for in the first place?

I guess, it comes down to if I can trust if TTT2 will have a good netcode or not...and I don't trust any game in this day in age...or ever, FG wise to have a good netcode.

Now if EC, in particular Philly and NYC have a decent Tekken scene, then I can feel better looking into it, or if I can actually trust TTT2's netcode to not suck.

i see what you mean where you want some sort of practical use for what you learned and I understand that feeling completely. When it comes down to the netcode everyone in the Tekken community is probably just as nervous as everyone here was regarding 13's online where it could end up making or breaking the games success. Also NYC has a stronger Tekken community than most other parts of North America.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 12:18:06 AM »
Hmm, in that case, then I guess I can learn, but I won't get many locals in considering it's about a 4-5 hour drive give or take.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 04:56:45 AM »
Well i'd still suggest you get on it pronto since as it's been pointed out learning Tekken is a daunting task and most people quit fairly early on, whether it's the insanely long move lists, timing intensive combos,stage specific/postion specific combos and so many other little deatils that seperate the average player from the real good players i'd say that you absolutely must a)be willing to spend many hours learning situtional and character specific details b)join Tekken specific sites to help learn from more experienced players and c)perhaps most important is the fact that the online is god awful and you likely won't be able to get in any decent matches unless you have people to play with offline.

You sound like you're talking about VF more so than Tekken...

From my experience, those that learn Tekken who quit do so because of how strong Steve is vs the rest of the cast. Some quit because of how sketchy throws are in that game, where you can beat out some moves with a throw. Some quit because they can't get past breaking throws...

Either way, it's not that bad... Just learn defense, breaking throws, stair-stepping, and you should be good for starters. Look out for those lows and throws. Oh yeah, don't just sidestep, sidewalking does wonders also.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »

You sound like you're talking about VF more so than Tekken...

From my experience, those that learn Tekken who quit do so because of how strong Steve is vs the rest of the cast. Some quit because of how sketchy throws are in that game, where you can beat out some moves with a throw. Some quit because they can't get past breaking throws...

Either way, it's not that bad... Just learn defense, breaking throws, stair-stepping, and you should be good for starters. Look out for those lows and throws. Oh yeah, don't just sidestep, sidewalking does wonders also.

I don't really see how what I said leans more towards VF? Personally i've never heard of anyone quitting Tekken because of a specific character outside of T4 Jin and maybe one or two people in TTT because of the Ogres. Throws beating out certain moves isn't exactly a big deal in my opinion all things considered and given the number of options you have and that outright avoiding throws isn't very hard as long as you use your movement tools properly.Well the thing that most people tend to have trouble with is recognising and reacting to the different kinds of throws, for example depending on what arm is extended forward you need to break it using the corresponding button opposed to just one basic input that breaks all throws, in addition to this certain characters like King also have ground throws and things of that nature that many people find hard to adjust to. Also I would argue that Stair stepping isn't as important or as good as Korean Back Dash is in T6 or in TTT2.