Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 69946 times)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« on: July 23, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
Okay well i'm pretty excited about the game but no one has really talked about it since E3 even though they've been holding tournaments through comic con and I was just wondering what other peoples impressions of it were.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:57:56 AM by sibarraz »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Tekken Tag 2 Comic Con
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
Very impressed, loving the roster, music, and slight system changes.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
I agree the system changes are rather intriguing especially since it opens up so many different setups in terms of juggles and okizeme. As well it seems the better teams aren't as restrictive as in Tekken Tag 1 ie: a Mishima doesn't need to be paired with another Mishima to do special team throws, do tag combos etc.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Dark Geese

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:40:34 AM »
I'm digging it a lot, watching the replay from the stream right now:
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/290711050

Also yes, I can see a bunch of Mishima teams in the future, Jinpachi/Kazuya,  Devil Jin/Jinpachi Devil Jin/Kazuya

and of course as we all know, with Kazuya being able to morph to Devil that changes everything xD.

I know one thing- I'm certainly going to play this game! If I have to make a few tricks to old Lubbock, Texas, trust me I will but I am going to play this!

Steve looks really good in this version of the game..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:28:10 AM by Dark Geese »

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 05:46:01 AM »
Man that's never happened in a Tekken before.

Dark Geese

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
Man that's never happened in a Tekken before.

I know right like all of them...lol...but especially 5.0 hahahaha.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:02:52 PM »
Yeah Steve is still strong but the lower tier characters have been buffed and some of the higher tier characters have been nerfed, as well all the nerfs and buffs seem justified and I think is proof that you don't need to patch a game every month or two. Also as a side note after watching the southtown ranbats whenever I see Paul do a death fist I just hear Hotpockets doing his trademark ungh! grunt.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 03:50:31 AM »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 05:30:00 AM »
Well, as if we didn't already know, guess that officially strikes TTT2 out of EVO12.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:16 AM »
Well, as if we didn't already know, guess that officially strikes TTT2 out of EVO12.
well honestly i didn't expect it to be out anytime soon anyway since it just came out in arcades and they need to give arcade owners a bit of time to make some coin on it

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »
That was an awful trailer if anyone asks me (not that anyone did).
After T6 i lost all interest in the series, and i don't think TTT2 is doing anything to change that, gameplaywise :\

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
.After T6 i lost all interest in the series, and i don't think TTT2 is doing anything to change that, gameplaywise :\
Well what exactly is it that you dislike about the series? as your comment is pretty vague.
It's nice to know though that TTT2 won't take as long as T6 to come to console.Also can only mods change the topic name? since now the comic con bit should probably be dropped.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »
Well, i've been a Tekken player since the first one, and i feel T6 didn't improve that much in the gameplay, basically it added the rage and B! (Bound? Bounce? Can't remember the name), and since that the series basically turned into a juggle fest even more than before.

I don't know, i don't feel the same excitement i used to feel when they announce a new Tekken game.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 05:56:37 AM »
Well, i've been a Tekken player since the first one, and i feel T6 didn't improve that much in the gameplay, basically it added the rage and B! (Bound? Bounce? Can't remember the name), and since that the series basically turned into a juggle fest even more than before.

I don't know, i don't feel the same excitement i used to feel when they announce a new Tekken game.

I kind of feel you there. Not too many big changes, outside of the story. And the changes added like weapons brought even less change than when they added weapons to MK4 (totally explains why weapons weren't often used). After TTT2, they'll probably take T7 in a really different direction. I was hoping to see more changes as big as the ones between T3 & T4, and then T5 felt like going back to being much more like T3, which wasn't such a bad thing, except if you get too uncomfortable with that style.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 05:58:24 AM »
I put a generic name baccano, if you want another one, just tell me

Waifu Material