Author Topic: NeoGeo Station KOF 95 netcode testing  (Read 18844 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NeoGeo Station KOF 95 netcode testing
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
Well I finally got it, hopefully I can test this netcode one of these days with one of you guys.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »
i wonder why snkp are doing barebones versions of these games? it would have been nice to have these games arcade perfect, with both ast and ost and have the training options and such from the ps2 collection titles.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
i wonder why snkp are doing barebones versions of these games? it would have been nice to have these games arcade perfect, with both ast and ost and have the training options and such from the ps2 collection titles.

The lack of Training Option and Trophies is a let down, but I'm really surprise with the content of these games. I really like the presentation and all.

EDIT: Just had my first matches with Yellow bars opponents, which is like 1 bar and it was 100% playable. Damn, my hopes have gone up for KOFXIII!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:43:53 PM by DarKaoZ »

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »
In the past few days i've played a hand full of matches most of them being Yellow connection. It seemed to  have went off without a hitch, surprisingly i haven't experienced any lag so far. Hopefully PSN will get 98 soon so I can enjoy that on PS3 over the net. Im sure the netcode that used for 95 being ported over would be sufficient enough.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 05:51:44 AM »
They're going in chronological order so no '98 for quite a while. I just hope to see '96 soon.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 07:04:38 AM »
Well the new set of NeoGeoStation games come out tomorrow, but KOF96 is not in it yet. Hopefully by next month might come to the PStore.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
Well the new set of NeoGeoStation games come out tomorrow, but KOF96 is not in it yet. Hopefully by next month might come to the PStore.

Whats the list of games? Any fighters?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »

Whats the list of games? Any fighters?

Shock Troopers
World Heroes

Those are the 2 NG Station games coming this week.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
World Heroes seems to be a bit of a "cult classic" amongst SNK fans. I've never tried it but I may give it a shot. Its a fighting game right?

Also: I'm trying to think of a good way to help people find other KoF 95 players more easily. Since for some who cannot use GGPO, this is the best way for them to play KoF right now. Any ideas guys? Or do you think this thread + the player compendium is good enough? I don't think very many people on the compendium actually listed 95 on their info lol. I'd recommend all 95 players update that asap!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:17 PM »
Unless you can still enjoy AOF I wouldn't touch World Heroes. Pretty much a 2 button game with a throw button. Actually own it on AES cause it was a time waster for me back in the arcade days when Samurai Shodown 2 was frustrating me.

I'm an old school SRK player where we just used to look in the thread to see if someone posted they wanted a match at that second. I think the chat room and this thread does a decent job.

Nunoelectric

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »
Im thinking of Purchasing KOF 95 at the PSN. Do you think it's still worth it?. I mean, there are players for KOF 95 still active somehow at the PSN?, I've heard that this game has a decent netcode!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 02:31:54 PM »
^ The netcode is pretty good. I've jumped in there from time to time and never see anybody. I think that KOF '95 & '96 died once KOF XIII came out for PS3. I'm still waiting for better titles.

You might want to try supercade on the computer. I see more competition for KOF '95 there. Not sure if GGPO carries it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:34:11 PM by Mr Bakaboy »

JAVH

• New Challenger
  • Dark Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »
Yes, unfortunately KOF XIII killed all KOFs in Neogeo Station, rarely you found a challenger here, I recommend you if you want to play exactly like the original (NG Station is 100% better than any PC emulator)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:05:50 AM by JAVH »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 07:54:12 AM »
We could start playing the game, the netcode is good,don't know if will held well in a chile vs usa match

Waifu Material