Author Topic: The KOFXI Tier List Thread  (Read 11063 times)

Dark Geese

The KOFXI Tier List Thread
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
This thread will be used to post Tier Lists from other areas, discuss differences and new developments in the game (That I still play rigorously by the way, my goal is to be the best KOFXI player in as many countries as possible, not just a top player in multiple countries!). I have discovered some new stuff with Vanessa off a Taiwanese style Vanessa exploit that I believe makes Vanessa Leader while not as strong as Duo Lon Leader, at least A Class because she now has a mid screen combo with Leader that guarantees if she lands it it lands into infinite.

In addition to this I have ways to land the Leader 2k2 combo with Vanessa while NOT in the corner (full screen).

So I'd say Ciudad Juarez, Mexico KOFXI July 2011 Tier List:

GOD Tier and Banned:
Magaki, Shion

S+:
Gato, EX Kyo, Kula, Oswald, Duck King (2p), Duo Lon (L)

S-
Kyo, Kim, Eiji, Duck King, Ash (L)

A:
Jyazu, Geese, Adel, Malin (L), Vanessa (L), Silber, Maxima, Ralf, Clark, Ash, Ryo (L), K' (L), Benimaru (L)

B:
Tung, Robert, B. Jenet, Ryo, Whip, everyone else

EDIT: Also added Ash (L) to S Class, that 100% I was telling everyone about just requires Ash to activate then he has a multitude of options based off that alone..so he's S-. Stay tuned to Geese Tower matches next week you all will see what I'm talking about...

I've got the Juarez, Mexico Ash (L) combo down..and will be experimenting with it in future Geese Tower matches...hehehehehe he can get into if off an overhead OR A LOW.... and we all know what Ash (L) can do in the corner that's obvious.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:01:01 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

Re: The KOFXI Tier List Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:48:44 PM »
And here is my rationale for both Vanessa (L) being A Class (Mexico of course) and Ash Leader being S- Class:

Dark Geese KOFXI Vanessa Leader Tricks: Vanessa Leader A Class????
KOFXI Juarez, Mexico Style Ash Leader= S Class??

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:29 PM »
Not sure how on topic this is, but it is kinda relevant to my previous thoughts on Ash's LDM, and the Juarez stuff (which isn't particularly new).
One thing I've noticed in this particular KOF, is that players tend to be very conservative with their damage possibilities and options in terms of Meter and Skill Points. An example, for the longest, I believed that Ash's LDM potential only came into play in the corner, where he can easily take 65% of a lifebar. When I revisit the potential of Ash's LDM (in reference to DG's latest vid, I no longer possess the game), I realize that by dropping the combo midscreen, he can go for more mixup opportunities which lead to more overall damage, and possibly better positioning.
For a long time, Skill Points and Meter were often saved for high damage combos, stun combos, or Saving Shift. Then Poongko started using QS's as a form of offensive high/low mixups, which at the time seemed new.
What I'm trying to say is, until the recent matches I've seen on SMOAI2010's youtube channel, I noticed the past of KOF XI had a lot of players sticking to what Alex Valle would call "Textbook" form of offense and combos. Where there was an absence in "Dirty Tricks" which are commonly found in other KOF's. It almost seems like the game's potential was not tapped until later years. The furthest you saw in Dirty Tricks were Gato's bizarre mixups on incoming characters in the corner, or 2P Duck's infamous cr.A xx slide into grab super, or more pokes.

One clear example being this match clip: 2011-07-23 KOF XI ET VS Rockpon
With that particular combo, if he went for the guaranteed stun, he would not have killed Shen. But by dropping the combo for a mixup, he increased his damage output enough to kill the Shen, and later went for a somewhat risky and disrespectful super against the incoming Kim player, which grabbed him a win.
I've been watching match vids of XI game for over 5 years now. And I will say that stuff like that was not seen.

Dark Geese

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
I agree with what the Judge is saying and I've been preaching this for years and I even feel like jinxhand will agree with me, people pretty much just X-Copying what they see others do and not taking it any farther. Let me see what someone else does and I'll take it and turn it into an entirely different beast...

When people just play "Textbook Style" a game gets old and stale fast....which leads to improper overgeneralizations about a game prematurely unbeknowst that certain things lie on the horizon yet to be discovered.

If what I'm doing with Ash (L) should be proof of anything, that's just sending a message to others that I'm getting ready for KOF13 a little early hehehehe... (Yes I know he doesn't have an overhead OR the command grab)

The Juarez stuff has been around for like 3-4 years actually, I just never thought to actually implement it into my game until actually now especially since I am always looking for new characters to play and new ways to play the game (s).

Oh yeah, added K' (L) back to A Class forgot about that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:14:32 PM by Dark Geese »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
I'm new to this but in tournament play beside the 2 boss characters...Are the Mid Bosses and PS2 Characters are not ban right?

Dark Geese

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:33:36 AM »
I'm new to this but in tournament play beside the 2 boss characters...Are the Mid Bosses and PS2 Characters are not ban right?

They aren't anymore....they are all legal...

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 05:51:03 AM »
hi guys, scrub here. i was looking at the tier list and since i didnt see gai on there i assume he would be in B tier along with "everyone else". ive been running him a lot more recently and he feels very solid. is there a reason for him being placed so low? also why is silber so high up? i play silber myself but ive always felt so limited. what do i need to know about the character to be running him at a level that would make people say "thats an A tier character."? i would really appreciate some insight into this kind of thing. i really enjoy kof xi even compared to the big hits of the series.

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
hi guys, scrub here. i was looking at the tier list and since i didnt see gai on there i assume he would be in B tier along with "everyone else". ive been running him a lot more recently and he feels very solid. is there a reason for him being placed so low? also why is silber so high up? i play silber myself but ive always felt so limited. what do i need to know about the character to be running him at a level that would make people say "thats an A tier character."? i would really appreciate some insight into this kind of thing. i really enjoy kof xi even compared to the big hits of the series.

Hello sir, these tiers I post up are Regional Based.

Gai we believe is A Class, if he is not there that was an error on my part, Silber does a lot of easy damage and though he is slow, he kills very quickly.