Author Topic: Hello Guys  (Read 2805 times)

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello Guys
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
Hi guys,

greetings from NorCal.. I was sent here by Reiki.Kito and the gang of Southtown Arcade SF.
I used to play XI a lot around 5 years ago and haven't really play any KOF since,
but XIII got me back into playing KOF, I've been playing the game for 2 months now and still learning it,
I gotta say i'm really liking it so far, this might be my new fav KOF game or any fighting game for that matter.
anyway, nice to meet you all DCers... Happy Fighting! ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Guys
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
Oh I didn't know you liked XI a lot, 4leafs loves that game and he's pretty random good at that as well.

XIII has definitely brought back in the crowd and we hope to show the rest of the FG how awesome KOF, and what most the of the rest of the world already knows. 

You'll be up to speed in no time.  One of regulars in our arcade was 6 months behind us and it took him about 2.5 months to keep up with us; but he worked on his game a lot and it really paid off.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
Welcome to DC :).  You put on a good show on sunday, so it'll be cool to see how you improve from there.
Old man/bad player

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
Oh and if you need any tips on how to play against Chin I can break it down for you.  Most of the SoCal guys just shrug my Chin off as they play me enough now lol.

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:36:31 AM »
That would be really helpful man, there's no one I know here play Chin.. None!
Although I must say I haven't got the chance to try him out myself, so I have no idea how to read him.
but yeah, I'm interested to hear some advice from you on how to play him.  :)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:54:25 AM »
That would be really helpful man, there's no one I know here play Chin.. None!
Although I must say I haven't got the chance to try him out myself, so I have no idea how to read him.
but yeah, I'm interested to hear some advice from you on how to play him.  :)

-Chin's overhead can be interrupted easily, you can do d.A and it'll stop the move.
-After blocking the overhead, any one frame grabs can punish him before I can get my Quickie Punches (the two quick hits)
-You can always roll backwards right after you block the overhead before my Quickie Punches come out.
-A quick reversal like Ryo's DP, Kula's DP can also hit me before my Quickie Punches come out.
-Ex counter although counters high and low has a very short window and you can hit him after it comes out as he walks backwards.
-B counter (looks the same as the D one) counters high hits and specials, it stays out longer so becareful, just hit me low if I go for it.
-D counter hits low but I seldom go for it as it's hard to follow up after it (unless I'm near the corner) without blowing a stock.
-Like GCCDs, if you do a deep jump attack, my B counter will activate but you'll land in time and can block my follow up to the counter (he does a s.D).
-Overall, just learn to bait my counters.
-My rotation punches (the one where he rolls across the ground) is vulnerable to low hits so you can d.B me out of it as I approach you, just be careful as my Ex version is invincible low.
-When I drink, I dish out more damage but I also take more damage as well, so rip a big combo whenever you get a chance when I'm pink.

I feel nakedly exposed now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:59:14 AM by Kane317 »

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
awesome, thanks a lot man. I'll digest them and try to remember when I fight you next time :)
I was watching the videos you posted on youtube, they are really helpful.. especially the shen combos and the matches, thanks a lot for those videos, keep 'em coming! :)

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 06:43:38 PM »
Welcome to Dreamcancel brooo!!! hoping to play with you when I move to Cali :D
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 11:18:32 PM »
cool man, hit me up anytime when you are here :)