Author Topic: Iori (Flames) (Pre-release)  (Read 30723 times)

krazykone123

Iori (Flames) (Pre-release)
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:25:26 PM »

Special Moves

Oniyaki -  ;fd ;dn ;df + ;a/ ;c

Kuzukaze - ;hcb ;fd + ;a/ ;c

Aoihana - ;qcb + ;a/ ;c (Up to 3 times)

Yami Barai - ;qcf + ;a/ ;c

Koto Tsuki - ;hcb + ;b/ ;d

Desperation Moves

Ya Otome - ;qcf ;qcb + ;a/ ;c
>Saika - ;qcf x4 +  ;a ;c

Yamisogi - ;qcf ;qcf + ;a/ ;c

NEOMAX

En'ou - ;qcb ;hcf + ;a ;c

===============================

Let's talk combos, theory fighter, and why Iori players shouldn't be sour anymore. Speculate your asses off people, will edit more info in when possible. And just a quick reminder he's
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:03:48 PM by nilcam »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: Iori (Flames)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
(qcf 2x) + P doesnt seem to be Hana at all--Hana has the same "style number" as Saika. This one has the hirakana "gi" at the end so it's definitely not Hana. It might be his LDM in 2003/XI but of course, this is pure speculation.

His Neomax is En'ou though.

---

Apart from that, all we can really say is that he would most likely still have his usual combos. One thing I could see him do though is cancel qcf+P into Ya Otome. Another speculation is that, if he has hcb+K, he could probably do his 2k2 UM MAX combo of (hcb+K (1 hit) > dp+C (2hits) x2 or so.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »
add his  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk K into his moveslist. i wonder how his scumgale throw works if this version has it. push them to other side ot slam them to the ground and juggle on.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:29:59 PM »
It's basically Iori 2002 with his 2000 DM. You can see all of his moves and DM and NeoMax in the Atlus page (character section, click on the move name):

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:02 PM »
Do you guys think once people get this version of Iori, they will stop playing as flameless Iori?

I know I will! (Just kidding, I'm willing to try both versions out)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 03:11:31 AM »
What I wonder is if you would be able to use both Yagamis at the same time or just one at a time like Kyo and EX Kyo in XI.

Also, apparently, they renamed Enou to Homurahotogi. It still looks like Enou though.

And sweet! Yamisogi is back (though I was wishing he'd also have Saku Tsumagushi back). I wonder if it still has its old properties like being able to negate projectiles or not continuing into Hana if the first hit doesn't connect. Judging by Atlus' website, it does have a vacuum property on the first hit.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:13:14 AM by Aenthin »

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
What I wonder is if you would be able to use both Yagamis at the same time or just one at a time like Kyo and EX Kyo in XI.

Also, apparently, they renamed Enou to Homurahotogi. It still looks like Enou though.

And sweet! Yamisogi is back (though I was wishing he'd also have Saku Tsumagushi back). I wonder if it still has its old properties like being able to negate projectiles or not continuing into Hana if the first hit doesn't connect. Judging by Atlus' website, it does have a vacuum property on the first hit.

I think EX Iori won't have his own slot on char select screen. It will be like Orochi team in 2k2UM.
Plus, his name is red in battle.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
Do you guys think once people get this version of Iori, they will stop playing as flameless Iori?

I know I will! (Just kidding, I'm willing to try both versions out)
been playing the new Iori... as cool as he is... once i get my hands on Iori'98, screw new Iori... Classic Iori all the way...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

krazykone123

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
Since he's Iori 2002UM with more options I wonder if he'll have his character specific combo starters like

- cl.B, cl.C
- >Dash cl.A, Scum Gale loop

Still waiting for those Yumebik/Yuri Ori commands again, I see could him having an EX version everything except for Yamisogi and Saika.

EX Oniyaki = Vacuum effect
Kuzukaze = Faster/Invincible start-up
Aoihana = 5 reps instead of 3 a la Mature
EX Ya Otome = See the other Iori
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:03:03 PM by krazykone123 »

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 12:25:37 AM »
I still like slasher Iori more than Iori '98 (Iori '98 still has the facade that he's a mid-range fighter with his projectile whereas slasher Iori is 100% in your face, which is really how Iori in general is meant to be played).

However, I'm pretty acclimated to Iori '98 anyway (he's the first SNK character I really learned how to use, actually, back when I was playing CvS2) so I'll probably use him if I want to rack up an easy win.

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 03:04:27 AM »
In my opinion, he will be dangerous in HD. Probably, he wiil have juggle in the corner with his rekka.
But overall, he is not such rushdown like Slash Iori.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »
Just curious, but do we know what command normals EX Iori will get? f+A,A and his cross-up kick seem obvious, but I wonder if he'll keep new Iori's df+C move. It's a great move, so I hope he keeps it. As an alternative, they could give him his old f+B, but I don't think it's as cool.

I'm hoping his EX fireball works similarly to his old freeze-fireball DM from 98, 2003 and a few other KOFs. Can never remember its name. Goblet of the something something? It would be a nice break from all the EX projectiles that are simply faster and more damaging.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
Just curious, but do we know what command normals EX Iori will get? f+A,A and his cross-up kick seem obvious, but I wonder if he'll keep new Iori's df+C move. It's a great move, so I hope he keeps it. As an alternative, they could give him his old f+B, but I don't think it's as cool.

I'm hoping his EX fireball works similarly to his old freeze-fireball DM from 98, 2003 and a few other KOFs. Can never remember its name. Goblet of the something something? It would be a nice break from all the EX projectiles that are simply faster and more damaging.

Ya Sakazuki (Eight Wine Cups)

As shown in the video thread earlier, his EX Oniyaki is basically Orochi Iori's Oni Honou from CvS.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
I wasn't talking about his Oniyaki. I meant his Yami Barai (qcf+P) fireball.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »

Ya Sakazuki (Eight Wine Cups)

As shown in the video thread earlier, his EX Oniyaki is basically Orochi Iori's Oni Honou from CvS.

Read again. The bit about EX Oniyaki was unrelated to the quote.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:29:47 AM by Aenthin »