Author Topic: Iori (Flames) (Pre-release)  (Read 30719 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Iori (Flames)
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
Okay, wasn't sure if those two lines were connected or not.

It would have been an understandable mistake, since Oniyaki is sometimes (oddly) translated as "fireball" in English. Thought you might have misunderstood which EX move I was talking about.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »
Okay, wasn't sure if those two lines were connected or not.

It would have been an understandable mistake, since Oniyaki is sometimes (oddly) translated as "fireball" in English. Thought you might have misunderstood which EX move I was talking about.

Oh? That's weird, considering how Oniyaki never looked anything like a fireball. Granted, I'm not exactly sure how they got the name Maiden Masher anyway since the direct translation for Ya Otome is just Eight Maidens...meh. I preferred Japanese move names anyway.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:35:22 PM by Aenthin »

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
So, flame iori's 2-part DM is a substitute for an EX DM? or does he just not have an EX DM?

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 03:16:49 AM »
Non-strategy question: is his winning pose the laugh?

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 05:23:06 AM »
So, flame iori's 2-part DM is a substitute for an EX DM? or does he just not have an EX DM?

if, by 2 part DM, you mean ya otome (maiden masher) into its follow up, saika (QCFx4 +AC), then i do believe there is an EX version. i think EX maiden masher is the more powerful version of it from kof 2000 where he has the opponent get blown up multiple times before letting go of them. i think it was at the very end of the promotion trailer that revealed the existence of iori with flames as dlc in kof xiii, second clip right after he does saika. you can compare that clip with the one of ya otome from the the atlus site where does a non-EX version and only holds the opponent for one explosion.

or maybe im just wrong, in which case i'll stay free.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
I think so too, except it's not the same as KoF 2000's where he makes his opponents explode multiple times. Rather, like the one at the end of the trailer, he emits flames while slashing his opponents. What I want to know, however, is if he could follow Saika up after the EX DM version.

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/09/post_41.html

pictures 3 & 4 show that not only does "Iori with the power of Flames" have a trial mode, but it also shows that
1) he can combo close st.B and close st.C like in Kof XI
AND
2) he can cancel into rekkas/super after just the first hit of Yumebiki (f+A).

it also shows that Saika is still QCF(x4) + AC but we already knew that. still nothing pointing towards a Saika followup to an EX Ya Otome. as for the EX super itself, aside from adding little explosions to the slashes and adding more explosions to the end, i meant that i don't really see much difference between this and the 2000 version and as such they are very similar. even the slashes before the explosion are the same (as they are in every game but flameless Iori's EX super has a few reused added hits at least).

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »
Non-strategy question: is his winning pose the laugh?

Reports from JP playtesting said he has the laugh as his winpose.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 02:39:23 PM »
1) he can combo close st.B and close st.C like in Kof XI

the difference from XI is maybe this could be a tought link, in the image iori user fail after lk and takuma block xD

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »

i think the way you use it is fordamage purposes.for instance, if you combo and end the combo with a special move you cant cancel into his neomax. unless the combo allows you to  juggle into  it. the way you can still get you  damage in when you do have 3 bars and a dc bar is to cancel the special into the exdm into saika. this is perfect when  you do have 3 bars but not a full dc meter. finishing a  combo with exdm into saika should do around NM damage, or who knows, even more? besides his neomaxpretty much sucks, so EXDM into saika combos will be more for me. however in hdmode where neomax cost only 2 bars, you can keep hd cancelling and  end the combo  in EXDM, end it  with saika and if possibllecancel the saika into neomax. should do huge damage. also his NM seemed really fast,so itmight actually be usefull as apunish, even moe so if it has invicibillety.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »
while i do agree that Saika will be a great way for getting a bit of extra damage at the end of HD combos when you don't have meter to blow on NeoMAX/when you've run out of HD bar already and can't MAX cancel his DM, i don't think that even an EX "8 Maidens" followed up by Saika would be close to the damage given by just straight up DMxxNeoMAX or even straight up NM. though at this point i'm actually start to doubt the existence of EXDM>Saika.

and so far i would not say his NM sucks at all. from all the information we have (which isn't much at all), it appears just about as good as Yatagarasu. it does slightly better than damage than a good portion of the other NeoMAXs in the game and has relatively fast start up so even though we don't know things like the range of the area it can grab when cancelled into, whether or not it has a vacuum effect to it, as long as they didn't put some sort of ridiculous restriction on it, i don't think it should be summarily dismissed as "bad" especially when we don't really have any real info on it. moreover, i think, while looking at it without hard facts and making an assumption, it would be easier to assume that this move, with its quick startup and the prospect of possible invulnerability being a NeoMAX, just might be godlike as a punish for just about anything within a certain range in the same way as Andy's.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »
hold up, eyeah. thanx nate.

i was talking about ioris NM being ass in the way it looks. i never  said it was shit from a gameplay standpoint.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 01:10:47 AM »
EXDP Supa 98 Iori MCM Expo Combo Messabout

new gameplay footage of Iori

満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 02:15:10 AM »
Snip
new gameplay footage of Iori

[spoiler]
As kiddish as this picture is lol

[/spoiler]

Lol all jokes aside i cant wait to main the Classic Yagami team. Probably swap some people out now and then for Billy or someone else. But yea im definitely maining '96 Yagami Team. Good shit on the vid.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:27:55 AM by biggdaddycane »

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 02:36:39 AM »
the sencond ex rekka pops the character up?
if so thats pretty cool, since you wouldn't normally consider that for a rekka-type move.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'