Author Topic: KOF XIII Evo Results  (Read 16878 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
KOF XIII Evo Results
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:40:29 AM »
Top-6 http://www.youtube.com/user/Kane317

1 bala (SoCal)
 2 romance (SoCal)
 3 mr kof (SoCal)
 4 reynald (SoCal)
 5 el rosa (Mexico)
 6 Xian (Singapore)
 7 4leaf (SoCal)
 7 kane317 (SoCal)
 9 pepe (SoCal)
 9 yoshi (SoCal)
 9 chris kof (SoCal)
 9 Raul (SoCal)
13 metaphysics (SoCal)
13 Salim (France)
13 no17 (Japan)
13 the answer (SoCal)
17 blk brutha (SoCal)
17 Fixel
17 sparkster
17 fatacon (NorCal)
17 pizero (SoCal)
17 Lainysky (SoCal)
17 real kim (SoCal)
17 duc (SoCal)
25 LABAN (NorCal)
25 psycho calibur (NorCal)
25 Ragnorock
25 zeppeli (SoCal)
25 Walkman (NorCal)
25 Pedro
25 luis H.
25 nocturnal (SoCal)
33 MT Madman (Texas)
33 Tone
33 saotome
33 sairi chaos (SoCal)
33 half empty
33 Scrubrud
33 Faze
33 Heavy D!
33 Ash Riot (NorCal)
33 Miguel
33 SOULSTAR (NorCal)
33 giby (SoCal)
33 crucial twins
33 Prinny
33 Iron Reaver
49 bzerk
49 koopa
49 Gamerboy
49 hyre
49 thoth
49 wild wallace
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:23:49 AM by Giby »

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII Evo Results
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »
Wow, that is an impressive amount of players!

Great job to all who participated!

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »
Giby, to sum up what Jon said during this weekend about you, you are THE ***t! Also thanks to those who helped out to making this happen. Personal thanks to Duc also for helping me and three others in making this trip possible. To all others, hope to see y'all next year or even sooner.

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:44:20 AM »
bala still the man to beat I see. Can't wait to see the videos.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
you know I asked myself at one when I was at Evo " how did I get here"? how was I able to be in the company of such great people @ Evo, Playing XIII and having soo much fun? If it wasn't for Duc it wouldn't have been at all possible for me, so thanks to you man I had an experience I will never forget. And thanks to everybody always helping me out and supporting me. lastly to Giby Like RJ and John said " you are The SHIT"!!!
" you fight well in the old style"

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »
I'm uploading everything to Kane317's YT account right now. Top 6 only, we apologize to  Kane and rj for not recording their matches since they did make it to top 8, but we were all focused on the big name matches. We won't let this happen again in the future.

Jesus, the each vid = 1 hour to upload.

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
Okay something else I want to say to everyone is after talking extensively with The Answer on the phone yesterday to give people a background of some of the situations going on so that when you see them on the videos you don't assume or make derogatory comments:

1. The PS2 converters being used were lagging so some matches it will seem like people are dropping a lot of comboes so please do not degrade them because they made the best out of the situation. Some even chose to let other players play on the better setup and they chose the laggy one so again the comments on the youtube videos should be respectful...(but all it's gonna take is some ignorant asshole(s) that isn't reading this message right here to randomly post nonsense on the youtube channel saying "XYZ sucks he's dropping comboes anyone could land *rolls eyes*" and then we gotta deal with this international firestorm again xD)

So when Giby says they were flipping coins for the setups this is what he means, flipping between different setups..which I know was just a nightmare I truly feel for you guys because I know the trouble that can come with such an international event and the anger/bitterness that things turned out the way they did...

All you can do guys is live and learn... =(

My heart goes out to the organizers because I know how this is like, you finish this all of it, not sure if you want to upload matches because you know the shitstorm of comments that are going to come afterwards like "This guy sucks blahblahblah" and they don't know the situation.

I tell you guys this much, even as I post this as I told Oscar people are going to be posting ignorant comments on the youtube videos but trust me I will be there to defend you guys!!!

-DG
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:56:15 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1071.msg22819#new

Go back and read the other EVO thread, I think everyone should know there was an incident and question of integrity, I am making sure people on my end know about it and am even going to talk to Armando himself about it so that people know the full story before "crowning a champion".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:20:07 PM by Dark Geese »

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1071.msg22819#new

Go back and read the other EVO thread, I think everyone should know there was an incident and question of integrity, I am making sure people on my end know about it and am even going to talk to Armando himself about it so that people know the full story before "crowning a champion".

I refuse to accept someone like that as champion. That was a bitch move right there, you have to admit it. There's no room for something like that if you're trying to make the community better. I'm a bit tired of seeing the same people on top. Here's hoping that when the console version comes around, it won't be the case.
You're too slow!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
FreeRunner we will see in regards to the console, but I can tell you this much..it won't be exactly the same people ontop because...

I WILL BE JOINING THEM. ;)

I have addressed that to many in Mexico and am making a new video uploading to youtube right now addressing this for The Latin American Cup 2011 because I simply won't tolerate it!!!

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »
What fun this was checking out. While I didn't enter the tournament, I did enjoy watching XIII in action and I'm looking forward to when the console version drops. It was also cool meeting some of you guys there, and I look forward to playing with some of you later this year.
--JT

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »
Great job running the tournament guys, I'm peeping the match videos and they look great!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:51:58 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »
Holy Crap! I placed at 33!? I thought I was dead last. A small part of me wants to know how that happened, but a somewhat larger part of me says "don't you dare freakin' tell me or I'll cut yer throats!" ;)

Speaking seriously, it was a great event to be a part of. Met a lot of awesome people like giby, the answer, kane317, duc (who kicked my ass big time), and many more. Wish I could remember all the names. Hopefully I will make it next year, but my financial situation makes that seem unlikely. Then again, a lot can change in a year so I'm going to hope for the best.

@Dark Geese: Your profile says you are in Texas. You wouldn't happen to be anywhere near the Dallas area would you? I'm struggling to find people locally who will play any KOF games with me. Besides, it would be awesome to have a chance to learn from such a high level player as yourself.

Dark Geese

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 01:00:31 AM »
Holy Crap! I placed at 33!? I thought I was dead last. A small part of me wants to know how that happened, but a somewhat larger part of me says "don't you dare freakin' tell me or I'll cut yer throats!" ;)

Speaking seriously, it was a great event to be a part of. Met a lot of awesome people like giby, the answer, kane317, duc (who kicked my ass big time), and many more. Wish I could remember all the names. Hopefully I will make it next year, but my financial situation makes that seem unlikely. Then again, a lot can change in a year so I'm going to hope for the best.

@Dark Geese: Your profile says you are in Texas. You wouldn't happen to be anywhere near the Dallas area would you? I'm struggling to find people locally who will play any KOF games with me. Besides, it would be awesome to have a chance to learn from such a high level player as yourself.

Dude I'll send you a PM I need someone to play on a weekly basis..sending you a PM now one hour outside of Dallas.

Play with me and I guarantee you you won't get 33rd next year....

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »

Dude I'll send you a PM I need someone to play on a weekly basis..sending you a PM now one hour outside of Dallas.

Play with me and I guarantee you you won't get 33rd next year....

And like that, a new grasshopper is born.  /OT