Author Topic: MMORPGS - "The Fun(Grind) Never Stops"  (Read 23427 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
MMORPGS - "The Fun(Grind) Never Stops"
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:23 PM »
So, I know everyone here has either heard of, played, or is still playing at least 1 (or more) MMORPG(s). Too many types to mention, from browser-based, to PC/Consoles, or even on the DS.

Anyway, tell us what MMORPG are you playing, or have played, and what you thought about it. If you're still playing, perhaps others that still play can meet up here or whatever... It doesn't have to literally be Massively Multiplayer, so games like Two Worlds, and hand held MMOs (Phantasy Star Zero or Phantasy Star Portable) are ok, too...

I'm currently playing FFXI on Sylph server. I've been going back and forth on jobs, so the highest I've got is 72DNC. I like PUP, so I took that to about 58ish. COR is fun, too.

I also play GuildWars, and am definitely waiting for GW2 to drop. Right now I've been pvping with my D/R, and that's been working out. Got a R/W also.

Lastly, I do play PS0 (Phantasy Star Zero) on my DSi. I've been rolling RaCast since the very first PSO and I'm still rolling it on this one. I can't remember my friend code, but I'll post it up if anyone still plays this.

Anyone here play DCUO??? I played the beta, and while it was fun, I'm still skeptical as to whether or not to get it. I do like that its on the console though, and that SOE actively updates/patches the game...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:08:10 PM by jinxhand »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: MMORPGS - "The Fun(Grind) Never Stops"
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
I played Anarchy Online when I was younger. Don't like MMORPG's that much. They are so boring and repetitive.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:54:41 PM »
im currently  playing WoW (alliance ftw) highest so far is a 85 night elf fury warrior

i played FFXI for about a year (i miss that game) dont really remember what lvl i was when i stopped but i know i use to roll warrior/ninja all the time

i played a bit of PSU

i played guild wars for a really long time and still mess around in it every now and then

i tried out DCUO for a few months but got kinda bored of it

as of now looking foward to ffXIV and guild wars 2
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:57:28 PM by Xxenace »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
im currently  playing WoW (alliance ftw) highest so far is a 85 night elf fury warrior

i played FFXI for about a year (i miss that game) dont really remember what lvl i was when i stopped but i know i use to roll warrior/ninja all the time

i played a bit of PSU

i played guild wars for a really long time and still mess around in it every now and then

SE beefed up FFXI like crazy with Abyssea... There's soon to be new job abilities.. Speaking of jobs, did you play when they released Dancer and Scholar???

We definitely gotta hit up GW, since you can now have a full party of heroes, and they've released a new area where you can finish up any mission you need to to prepare for GW2, since the more you do now, the more items you get in GW2.

Have you seen PSO2 yet??? Looks pretty dope so far... Let's hope Sega doesn't screw this up though...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 01:27:36 AM »

i played a bit of PSU

SE beefed up FFXI like crazy with Abyssea... There's soon to be new job abilities.. Speaking of jobs, did you play when they released Dancer and Scholar???

We definitely gotta hit up GW, since you can now have a full party of heroes, and they've released a new area where you can finish up any mission you need to to prepare for GW2, since the more you do now, the more items you get in GW2.

Have you seen PSO2 yet??? Looks pretty dope so far... Let's hope Sega doesn't screw this up though...
yeah i played XI when they had dancer and scholar out i think i know i never used them though

and if you ever want to played some gw just let me know i dont play it a lot cause i dont really have anyone to play it with

pso2 looks pretty neat as well

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »
Have you guys tried playing Cabal? :D
The game I played that I never got tired of grinding is Ragnarok back in elementary. Damnn.. good times... good times... :);)
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »
started back play dcuo with some buds today since sony gave us some free time for the whole psn outage shit game is dead as fuck pretty much every server has a low population now

krazykone123

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 01:23:35 AM »
Hmm MMO's, I have an account on Ragnarok Online but I haven't been playing it lately. I am also extremely hyped for Phantasy Star Online 2, Sega please bring it to America.

Does Monster Hunter Tri count? because I played that a good bit too.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:26 AM »
I played Ragnarok Online for a long time, but I quit years ago. I played Sniper, Whitesmith, Sta Gladiator/Taekwon Master and Gunslinger.

Right now all I play is Dungeon Fighter Online, and I think it's one of the best designed online games ever. I play a Monk, it's great.

Dungeon Fighter Online - Odessa Insane Hell Mode

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »
started back play dcuo with some buds today since sony gave us some free time for the whole psn outage shit game is dead as fuck pretty much every server has a low population now

Yeah I've been reading on massively that they're working on doing mega servers. The thing that's dumb though is that the PC players are still segregated from the PS3 players. With that said I also thought that they all played together on whatever server they were on. Wassup with that???

Oh yeah, Monster Hunter Tri counts... I mentioned PSZ, and that's only 4 player online and on local wifi.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:01 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

here's a random WoW image i took

I put the image behind spoiler tags because it loads very slowly. -nilcam
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:13:17 PM by nilcam »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 05:31:56 PM »

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
I personally can't wait to try out that Engineer class. I most times play range characters, then went over to tanking/hybrid characters, but I've always had a niche for characters who can cause mayhem without any magic. I play Mechanic on DFO also, and I just like how I still can play "ranger" and still have things running around and assisting me.

And speaking of Ranger, I'm so glad in PSO2 you can manually aim. Playing RaCast will never be the same. I hope they show off new features.