Author Topic: KOF XIII Evo Discussion  (Read 14515 times)

Dark Geese

Re: KOF XIII Evo Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
I don't think you guys will have just as hard a time. You've already had access to playing 1.1 at a high level for about a year now. Everyone else will be playing catch up (Didn't you say that before in regards to Mexico getting it on console? Well I'm using the same argument, just more extreme in regards to North American players because many of them will be starting KOF for the first time/playing it seriously for the first time and thus have a lot more to learn), and for a lot of people playing catchup means:

1. Learning how to Hyperhop
2. Learning the basic fundamentals of KOF in general
3. Learning matchups
4. Learning the tweaks 1.1 has to console
5. Learning the concept of  HD cough cough *BC  Comboes*
6. Finding access to hardcore HIGH LEVEL competition that knows all of the above-The toughest part and as the credit card commercials would say: "PRICELESS."

All this seasoned veterans will know and thus will be able to jump into the game just like that.

Those areas I have listed? (SoCal, Mexico, Japan, me, Latin America, Asia)

Those are seasoned veterans...

Plus you guys have an advantage of having access to high level competition readily available.

Even if online is damn near perfect, I'll still take access to high level competition right around me, and you guys have an abundance of it.

Some of you take it for granted (we've had this discussion at ReveLAtions about some sides should go play vs. the other more often)...

Try to just start with KOF13 Oct. 25th/27th as your first KOF and you'll be fighting an insanely uphill battle...

That'd be like me saying I'm gonna crack Top 10/15 at EVO in UMVC3 next year but I've never played a Marvel type game hardcore at a professional type level in my life...

Guys one thing you will see about me: I am a realist and I'm a tough teacher. Though many as Kane317 says may not agree with me, there are also those that do, and those that don't want to say what I say for PR reasons. I will say it the way it is because I feel people need to hear it and if you know then you can do something about it. If you know there's a snake outside you then can go outside knowing that and go around it.

In regards to KOF13:  Your best bet people is again to get as good as you can at the older ones so you can already enter with your foot in the door knowing how KOF works.

You can get previous top players in other games like Justin Wong etc learning KOF13, but again if they aren't going to be willing to play it seriously and only are going to dabble in it, then they too are going to see themselves fighting an uphill battle at EVO to even get Top 10/15 (will get mislead at other tournaments like Final Round ranking high at these tournaments because the skill level isn't as strong)...

I.E. See Fubarduck at ReveLAtions..you may be the best at Arcade UFO at KOF13, but it's going to take a lot more than that just to avoid last place.... And furthermore to go deeper, if that's the best that region has to offer and that got last place, that should clearly tell a lot of you how much more time you have to put into the game to even get out of last place!!

Not to take a shot at him, but just to make a CLEAR point to everyone....to let you know the amount of work it's going to take to Crack Top10/15....

Again talk is cheap...we are going to separate the men from the boys...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:06:57 PM by Dark Geese »

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
I don't think you guys will have just as hard a time. You've already had access to playing 1.1 at a high level for about a year now. Everyone else will be playing catch up (Didn't you say that before in regards to Mexico getting it on console? Well I'm using the same argument, just more extreme in regards to North American players because many of them will be starting KOF for the first time/playing it seriously for the first time and thus have a lot more to learn), and for a lot of people playing catchup means:

3. Learning matchups
5. Learning the concept of  HD cough cough *BC  Comboes*
6. Finding access to hardcore HIGH LEVEL competition that knows all of the above-The toughest part and as the credit card commercials would say: "PRICELESS."

All this seasoned veterans will know and thus will be able to jump into the game just like that.

Plus you guys have an advantage of having access to high level competition readily available.

Even if online is damn near perfect, I'll still take access to high level competition right around me, and you guys have an abundance of it.

Some of you take it for granted (we've had this discussion at ReveLAtions about some sides should go play vs. the other more often)...

Try to just start with KOF13 Oct. 25th/27th as your first KOF and you'll be fighting an insanely uphill battle...

That'd be like me saying I'm gonna crack Top 10/15 at EVO in UMVC3 next year but I've never played a Marvel type game hardcore at a professional type level in my life...

Guys one thing you will see about me: I am a realist and I'm a tough teacher. Though many as Kane317 says may not agree with me, there are also those that do, and those that don't want to say what I say for PR reasons. I will say it the way it is because I feel people need to hear it and if you know then you can do something about it. If you know there's a snake outside you then can go outside knowing that and go around it.

In regards to KOF13:  Your best bet people is again to get as good as you can at the older ones so you can already enter with your foot in the door knowing how KOF works.

You can get previous top players in other games like Justin Wong etc learning KOF13, but again if they aren't going to be willing to play it seriously and only are going to dabble in it, then they too are going to see themselves fighting an uphill battle at EVO to even get Top 10/15 (will get mislead at other tournaments like Final Round ranking high at these tournaments because the skill level isn't as strong)...

I.E. See Fubarduck at ReveLAtions..you may be the best at Arcade UFO at KOF13, but it's going to take a lot more than that just to avoid last place.... And furthermore to go deeper, if that's the best that region has to offer and that got last place, that should clearly tell a lot of you how much more time you have to put into the game to even get out of last place!!

Not to take a shot at him, but just to make a CLEAR point to everyone....to let you know the amount of work it's going to take to Crack Top10/15....

NYC has access to KOFXIII as well. Who said some of us are jumping in this without a plan? I have access to 02um as well. I'm reading, researching, experimenting and applying everything I read on this site so far. I'm pretty sure many people did the same thing too. Don't underestimate us hungry folk, we don't mind having the people looking down on us for lunch. You can be sure there will be events in the EC when this comes out, especially in NYC. SoCal and anyone else are welcome.
You're too slow!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »

3. Learning matchups
5. Learning the concept of  HD cough cough *BC  Comboes*

In regards to KOF13:  Your best bet people is again to get as good as you can at the older ones so you can already enter with your foot in the door knowing how KOF works.

NYC has access to KOFXIII as well. Who said some of us are jumping in this without a plan? I have access to 02um as well. I'm reading, researching, experimenting and applying everything I read on this site so far. I'm pretty sure many people did the same thing too. Don't underestimate us hungry folk, we don't mind having the people looking down on us for lunch. You can be sure there will be events in the EC when this comes out, especially in NYC. SoCal and anyone else are welcome.

I hope so, I hope I'm wrong I really do, because it's been 6 years + in the making....trying to fight the trends..with little to no luck here in the USA...and then seeing much hungrier people in other countries...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »
With KOFXIII incoming, more players like myself are making themselves heard and known. Trust me, SoCal aren't the only ones interested in actually learning the game. I'm sure there will be alot less dabblers around this time. I'm sure SoCal's experience will rub off on many regions (especially mine), as long as we put in the effort, we'll be fine. We have alot of hard work ahead of us to disprove that prediction though, I'm not gonna lie. Let's all work to be the exception :).

Just don't X-Copy anyone people, seriously XD.
You're too slow!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 11:16:09 PM »
With KOFXIII incoming, more players like myself are making themselves heard and known. Trust me, SoCal aren't the only ones interested in actually learning the game. I'm sure there will be alot less dabblers around this time. I'm sure SoCal's experience will rub off on many regions (especially mine), as long as we put in the effort, we'll be fine. We have alot of hard work ahead of us to disprove that prediction though, I'm not gonna lie. Let's all work to be the exception :).

Just don't X-Copy anyone people, seriously XD.

I like this attitude a go-getter!!

Listen to this guy everyone!!!!! =)

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »
I doubt that anyone actually have any problems or disagree (maybe just you?) with what FreeRunner was saying in previous posts. I actually agree with most, if not all of what he stated. I'm definitely not ruling out a possibility that at least one of the groups you listed may not even end up in the top 15 unless this ended up being a 15 man tourney consisting of that said list.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:36:41 PM by 4leaf »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
Don't underestimate us hungry folk, we don't mind having the people looking down on us for lunch. You can be sure there will be events in the EC when this comes out, ,especially in NYC. SoCal and anyone else are welcome.

Once again, we're not looking down on anyone.  DG's posts does not reflect the SoCal community, I just want to make that clear.

Dark Geese

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »
RJ's also traveled to NEC as well as THE ANSWER and others, and they also have seen the severe gap in skill in some of these other areas/regions of the USA in relation to where they currently are in California.

So I'm not just huffing smoke here, I'm stating a 6 year observation of what I've noticed here in the USA from traveling to NEC, MWC, Final Round, EVO East, EVO World, the old ChinaTown Fair, SoCal, North Carolina, Mexico, Minnesota, Texas Showdown, all these places and comparing what I have seen.

I wish more people had your attitude and wouldn't just say empty promises, I'm tired of empty promises, as someone who traveled around the USA for years and years, this is what I have seen. Some things just never changed, skill level never improved, and I could've stopped playing the SNK/KOF games for 2-3 years and still felt I could've shown up to many of these places and won the tournaments.

There is no glory in that for me, thus I am putting it before the rest of you to level yourself up so that more players from SoCal and other regions would want to come to your place to play!!

Remember how Justin Wong winning 98UM affected our community people at Powerup??

This is part of the stigma you have to lose. Justin Wong is not at the level in KOF to defeat veterans, thus you people need to be able to beat him!!!!

I'm just stating things the way they are guys the ugly, truth that we all must face and confront AS A COUNTRY!

You wanna talk about people "looking down" on others? You should see how other countries AS A WHOLE look down on the USA!

This history I have spoken about as well as GGPO and other things for years have contributed to this! We all need to look in the mirror and be on the same page to correct this!!!

I have much less patience more than likely with this kind of stuff than probably most people because of what I've had to deal with pushing the US SNK scene forward and getting little response in return!!!

I hope I am causing every one of you to look in the mirror and get motivated to prove ME WRONG..that is what it's going to take and I will feel GREAT for posting this in the end if that happens!

If it happens this way I will wish I would've done this EARLIER..instead of waiting 6 years to push a few buttons!!

xD

-DG
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:53:29 PM by Dark Geese »

kula

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
hello kula puebla

the reason for this post is to clarify many things which people in other countries are not reported many people think that we Mexicans are egocentric ...... but this is not true that we have a bad reputation is because Mexicans of little people of Mexico is dedicated to posting negative comments and rude, it is sometimes see the halls where the videos do think they are offensive, in my part lobbies do is to warm the minds of that end is a little show of video games, not about attacking people just like me to do exciting to be clear this.
bullet is an excellent player but not without knowing jusguen to kofers de mexico
if you come and talk with us notice that we are simple people, quiet and humble as you all, thank you.
darkgesse thank you for all your support for the Mexican kofers
KULA carefully

Dark Geese

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 12:13:14 AM »
What Kula is saying is it is the actions of a few that makes many Mexicans look bad. He also is saying whatever you all see in regards to him and my tournaments is "Part of the Show." Nothing more nothing less, it is part of the show to entertain, but it is not the way Mexicans are. Everything you are seeing now is a result of "The Show"...but we talk "Behind the Scenes" to make people know that we are all about respect..though you all may not "necessarily see it on the videos"..Kula and Hummer talked extensively and trust me things are better than you would be led to believe...

Kula doesn't mind being the "bad guy" just to market things further...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:45:26 AM by Dark Geese »

kula

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:44 AM »
es hora de que toda la gente que es negativa se ponga  a jugar, estoy seguro que si en estados unidos jugaran mas la kof serian un gran rival a vencer espero ir el proximo año  al evo.
al torneo de  kofXIII  para consola
KULA

Dark Geese

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:12 AM »
es hora de que toda la gente que es negativa se ponga  a jugar, estoy seguro que si en estados unidos jugaran mas la kof serian un gran rival a vencer espero ir el proximo año  al evo.
al torneo de  kofXIII  para consola
KULA

Translation:

It's time for everyone to change the negative stigma that you've (The USA) been getting around the world and begin to play seriously. I am sure that in the USA you all will play KOF more and you will be a great rival in the future and I will see you guys at EVO net year for the KOF13 console tournament.

-Kula

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
What Kula is saying is it is the actions of a few that makes many Mexicans look bad. He also is saying whatever you all see in regards to him and my tournaments is "Part of the Show." Nothing more nothing less, it is part of the show to entertain, but it is not the way Mexicans are. Everything you are seeing now is a result of "The Show"...but we talk "Behind the Scenes" to make people know that we are all about respect..though you all may not "necessarily see it on the videos"..Kula and Hummer talked extensively and trust me things are better than you would be led to believe...

He also does not condone the actions of Armando....

All I'm saying is if anyone wants international exposure in KoF you've got to have to respect,integrity and be a professional. This is not Street Fighter where in areas you can shit talk all you want. We first need to unite as a community and build this scene without overhyping it. We need to have a one voice *i.e.* at EVO when rufus performs his ultra and the crowd is readily to put their hands in the air and yell "BOOM"! We need that people!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

kula

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 12:45:08 AM »
cuando vaya al evo tratare de ganarles a todos,  a partir del 29 de octubre entrenare la kof xiii para consola para ps3

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »

He also does not condone the actions of Armando....

All I'm saying is if anyone wants international exposure in KoF you've got to have to respect,integrity and be a professional. This is not Street Fighter where in areas you can shit talk all you want. We first need to unite as a community and build this scene without overhyping it. We need to have a one voice *i.e.* at EVO when rufus performs his ultra and the crowd is readily to put their hands in the air and yell "BOOM"! We need that people!

This means we need someone to pick up Goro as a main. NEOMAX!

I agree with Mr. KOF, though. We gotta bring back that class. Showing respect is what earns respect.