Author Topic: KOF XIII Evo Discussion  (Read 14523 times)

Dark Geese

Re: KOF XIII Evo Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 12:51:29 AM »
What Kula is saying is it is the actions of a few that makes many Mexicans look bad. He also is saying whatever you all see in regards to him and my tournaments is "Part of the Show." Nothing more nothing less, it is part of the show to entertain, but it is not the way Mexicans are. Everything you are seeing now is a result of "The Show"...but we talk "Behind the Scenes" to make people know that we are all about respect..though you all may not "necessarily see it on the videos"..Kula and Hummer talked extensively and trust me things are better than you would be led to believe...

Kula doesn't mind being the "bad guy" just to market things further...

He also does not condone the actions of Armando....

All I'm saying is if anyone wants international exposure in KoF you've got to have to respect,integrity and be a professional. This is not Street Fighter where in areas you can shit talk all you want. We first need to unite as a community and build this scene without overhyping it. We need to have a one voice *i.e.* at EVO when rufus performs his ultra and the crowd is readily to put their hands in the air and yell "BOOM"! We need that people!

And what I'm saying is we all need to look in the mirror, be it talk about what you are talking about, or the dirty truth about what I'm talking about how some places need to get stronger or whatever.

We have too many divisions amongst ourselves. It's hard for everyone to be on the same page when you got that many divisions..so what you say makes sense as well.

I see both sides to a degree and this is how I look at it:

-We must all have respect, class, integrity with what we do.
-We must walk the fine line between doing all that, and at the same time being entertaining.

So for example trust me when Kula and Mr. KOF do meet and play, win lose or draw, trust me Kula will be respectful you can rest assured on that... (He agrees with what you say John believe it or not lol, it's just like Tyson vs. Holyfield, on tv they look like sworn enemies, but I will make sure in REALITY it'll be nothing like that!)

That is a God given choice that everyone must choose to make. I am the Hype man, I hype things up make them exciting, but I try to keep things as respectful as possible as we are getting to the bottom line of the whole Armando thing right now rest assured people!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:38:57 AM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 01:30:39 AM »
Guys we have gotten to the bottom of the Armando-RJ Stick issue- it has been resolved and RJ genuinely felt it was something wrong with the stick so that's why he wanted to change it, so it doesn't seem like cheating as much as it was something "may have been wrong with the stick at the time."

If RJ genuinely felt something may have been wrong with the stick, then that's probably the end of that.

RJ doesn't feel cheated perse...and since things are worked out between RJ and BALA, then this is really finished.

But trust me, there is more to come..about other things...the cat's about to be let out of the bag...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:32:17 AM by Dark Geese »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »
Guys we have gotten to the bottom of the Armando-RJ Stick issue- it has been resolved and RJ genuinely felt it was something wrong with the stick so that's why he wanted to change it, so it doesn't seem like cheating as much as it was something "may have been wrong with the stick at the time."

If RJ genuinely felt something may have been wrong with the stick, then that's probably the end of that.

RJ doesn't feel cheated perse...and since things are worked out between RJ and BALA, then this is really finished.

But trust me, there is more to come..about other things...the cat's about to be let out of the bag...

As one of the official actually present, and not just speculating heresay, I was not convince at all the joystick was broken.  We tested it before and we tested it afterwards.

Having said that, you're missing the point, he called it on the last round right before he was going to be eliminated, that's just poor sportsmanship.  The ruling for the point for RJ is pretty clear on the case, and all four of the judges agreed on it so I don't understand why you're trying to justify his actions Lukas.

Dark Geese

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 02:02:55 AM »

As one of the official actually present, and not just speculating heresay, I was not convince at all the joystick was broken.  We tested it before and we tested it afterwards.

Having said that, you're missing the point, he called it on the last round right before he was going to be eliminated, that's just poor sportsmanship.  The ruling for the point for RJ is pretty clear on the case, and all four of the judges agreed on it so I don't understand why you're trying to justify his actions Lukas.

Yuhang, I've talked to RJ, Armando, Oscar about all of this and trust me this is what we have all decided..I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.

It's about us getting past this and working together to put our differences aside us..this is all I am trying to do (while I feel its salvagable).

I agree calling it in the end is bad, agreed 100%, hence my rule stands, and I am talking to Armando about this now, so trust me this I am addressing this with him..

But trust me when I say this, this is the least of you guys' concerns, there's going to be something much bigger than this that's going to surface....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:07:35 AM by Dark Geese »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 02:11:17 AM »
Yuhang, I've talked to RJ, Armando, Oscar about all of this and trust me this is what we have all decided..I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.

With all due respect, it was what all the 4 judges present decided, it has nothing to do with anyone else.  It doesn't really matter what RJ says, or what Armando says, that's why we have judges/officials/staff.

The same reason I don't get involved in the Skato incident, because it's really none of my business and I don't to speculate anything since I wasn't there.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:20:15 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 02:14:52 AM »
WOW! Seriously WOW! I can't believe how this issue was blown out of proportion. I'll be making my official post EVO address tonight.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »

With all due respect, it was what all the 4 judges present decided, it has nothing to do with anyone else.  It doesn't really matter what RJ says, or what Armando says, that's why we have judges/officials/staff.

I understand I'm not arguing the call I'm just trying to do what I call "damage control."

Basically all I'm trying to do is make sure we can all work past this.

I'm not saying your decision was a bad call  (I would've made the same call and check this- if I was there guess what? I wouldve been staff so I agree 150% dont think I don't) because if you see my video I posted, in my tournaments I make the final decision so I understand your POV 100%.

All I am trying to do is make sure we can all get past this as much as possible that's really it.

For some people, as long as the issue is worked out between the two people, then there is no issue, and I'm just trying to now get everyone on the same page.

I don't question you guys judgment again remember I'm talking to Armando about everything that's going on right now...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:19:06 AM by Dark Geese »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »

With all due respect, it was what all the 4 judges present decided, it has nothing to do with anyone else.  It doesn't really matter what RJ says, or what Armando says, that's why we have judges/officials/staff.

I understand I'm not arguing the call I'm just trying to do what I call "damage control."

Basically all I'm trying to do is make sure we can all work past this.

I'm not saying your decision was a bad call  (I would've made the same call and check this- if I was there guess what? I wouldve been staff so I agree 150% dont think I don't) because if you see my video I posted, in my tournaments I make the final decision so I understand your POV 100%.

All I am trying to do is make sure we can all get past this as much as possible that's really it.

For some people, as long as the issue is worked out between the two people, then there is no issue, and I'm just trying to now get everyone on the same page.

I don't question you guys judgment again remember I'm talking to Armando about everything that's going on right now...

There's is no real damage to control.  It's been done.  There's no issue between two ppl, Armando and RJ as far as I know. 

There's nothing really to be said about the incident, you can't change the past and you can't change the ruling.   We don't hate Armando and we recognize he has skill, but it's hard to respect someone with poor sportsmanship.  He'll have to re-earn our respect over time and that's really the only thing he can do at this point.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 02:29:14 AM »
Look, guys. We got the tournament results already. Sure, there was controversy about what happened, but the event is over. People will feel how they want to feel about it, and that's that. There's no point in stirring the pot over and over on things in the past. However you feel about it, is a personal thing. Sure, it was bad, but we can't stop to blow up every single thing that happens within the community. There are bigger and better things we have to look forward to, and we can't focus on them if all we think about is controversy. Let's keep our discussions positive and objective. With all the hype generated from XIII at EVO, we're all in the fighting game community spotlight more than ever. I'm sure you all wouldn't want us to be known for petty squabbling. I know I don't.

That said, I once again want to restate my thanks for everyone who was involved and everyone who participated. I think pretty much everyone came away with a good experience overall. Let's use this experience to build on and keep our events constantly improving for the future!

@DG: I am going to flat out say this: In the future, I would hope that you would refrain from making everything seem like a spectacle. If you want to resolve conflicts, do so with confidentiality and professionalism, rather than blow it up on the boards.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:32:37 AM by FataCon »

Dark Geese

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:58 AM »
Okay guys Armando is talking from a Ipod so I am posting what he wants to say about this:

"Thank you for making the tournament possible. I have too many things to talk about.

1. Something that bothers me is how I see the community react after seeing some of their idols lose.

2. About the RJ situation, I was never in risk of being eliminated, at the end I accepted losing 1-0 and that they would give that to RJ because it was very late in the first match. When the 2nd match began, RJ said he did not want the 1-0 ruling, even RJ with his own eyes saw the stick wasn't functioning properly the A and D buttons accordingly, and in the end that was the only thing to me that mattered and RJ saw that wasn't good enough. In regards to Mr. KOF testing the stick, that didn't mean much to me it was nothing but drama because I showed RJ that the stick was not working.

3. About me disrespecting Mr. KOF while he was listening to music: Mr. KOF was not looking for a song to play, he was talking to someone on the phone! I was ready to play, and I didn't say anything during the long two minutes while he was talking on the telephone.

So whatever you guys want to believe if you want to believe what was said about everything, wasn't at the match, only RJ and Oscar truly know what happened.

4. Yuhang and Giby were quite far away from the arcades or anything while this was all happening even with the sticks, so what they are saying doesn't hold as much weight and what they are saying was interpreted from Mr. KOF and Reynald because they weren't around when all of this was happening.

5. I would've liked if the tournament would've been on the stream, but thats okay, and I have read many threads about misunderstandings and I am not a liar, and I feel there are a lot of misunderstandings right now.

I hope everything has been made much clearer and I hope people do not think badly of me, I respect everyone, but when someone does not respect me saying lies I have to respond as I am doing now, telling the truth.

Thank you Oscar for staying and doing the tournament for many additional hours. Thank you Oscar for running the tournament to perfection and please pardon me for the little bit of time in regards to the stick issue, you were the only one that could listen and understand what was happening because you were there throughout the entire tournament Thank you to Japan Arcade members for supporting me in the crucial points of the tournament, and thank you Realkim "The Legend" For the cigarettes.

You can say the console version is like the arcade but better than the arcade version."

FataCon- I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this so we can all move on. Most of the stuff has been said in private already trust me, and 98% of the stuff I am typing I have permission to post it....

What you see right now I have permission from Armando to post because he can't say what he wants to say right now due to it being on his Ipod.

You may not know that at the time but hey that's okay, I figured you may not as would most people. They won't understand everything until they see the big picture. That's all I'll say about that.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:21:11 AM by Dark Geese »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 03:12:28 AM »
hello kula puebla

the reason for this post is to clarify many things which people in other countries are not reported many people think that we Mexicans are egocentric ...... but this is not true that we have a bad reputation is because Mexicans of little people of Mexico is dedicated to posting negative comments and rude, it is sometimes see the halls where the videos do think they are offensive, in my part lobbies do is to warm the minds of that end is a little show of video games, not about attacking people just like me to do exciting to be clear this.
bullet is an excellent player but not without knowing jusguen to kofers de mexico
if you come and talk with us notice that we are simple people, quiet and humble as you all, thank you.
darkgesse thank you for all your support for the Mexican kofers
KULA carefully

I want to adress this

As an spanish speaker, I had knowledge that mexican KOF players could  be REALLY annoying, if not the most annoying kind of gamer that I had ever witnessed is like they act like ''your combo is shit'' ''I can beat you with one hand'' or even go into single player playtroguhh and bitch against the creator of the video about why they don't play at level 8

But at least reading the comments of guys like you, el rosa, or some others that are living in the USA, or some others mexicans here is could to see that not everyone is just an spoiled kid how makes an embarassment from mexico, and us kof players, and is cool to read some of the best player of the americas, I hope than some day the latin american cup becames bigger to fight against the guys from mexico peru and brazil who are respected even here on chile

And I really love mexico, had a great time when I spent my vacations there

Still, I don't like this attitude of ''Only this parts are good with KOF'' or SBO means nothing just judging a guy who hasn't played the game in a year, I really think that some players need to be a little more humble, we are not exactly a strong community anywhere, and is sad to hear all those incidents at EVO, but if we want to grow up, we just no need to look onto our game, but also as human beings.

At least, this is a beginning, we need more players from all the world, the advantage of KOF over other games IMO, is that you can make even more countries appear with strong players than just USA and Japan, KOF will always be the people's game

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 03:18:08 AM »
4. Yuhang and Giby were quite far away from the arcades or anything while this was all happening even with the sticks, so what they are saying doesn't hold as much weight and what they are saying was interpreted from Mr. KOF and Reynald because they weren't around when all of this was happening.

Incorrect, I was watching the match intently, I witness what happened with my own eyes as your match with RJ was considered a high profile match especially with how close it was with ReveLAtions.

Thank you Oscar for staying and doing the tournament for many additional hours. Thank you Oscar for running the tournament to perfection and please pardon me for the little bit of time in regards to the stick issue, you were the only one that could listen and understand what was happening because you were there throughout the entire tournament Thank you to Japan Arcade members for supporting me in the crucial points of the tournament, and thank you Realkim "The Legend" For the cigarettes.

I just want to put out that I was there as long as all of the other staff members were.  None of us took breaks except for one coffee run that Oscar made unless you count me running around finding players that have matches that were about to begin.

Okay guys Armando is talking from a Ipod so I am posting what he wants to say about this:

1. Something that bothers me is how I see the community react after seeing some of their idols lose.

Last of all, I have no idols, neither John or yourself is an idol of mine.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:32:33 AM by Kane317 »

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 03:25:52 AM »
es hora de que toda la gente que es negativa se ponga  a jugar, estoy seguro que si en estados unidos jugaran mas la kof serian un gran rival a vencer espero ir el proximo año  al evo.
al torneo de  kofXIII  para consola
KULA

off-topic: mismo que yo sea brasileño (pero no soy jugador de 2k2), buena suerte pra usted y su equipo en Latin America Cup en Peru. Yo admiro mucho la comunidad mexicana de KOF 13 tanto por su nível cuanto por ser los primeros non-estadounidenses a jugar este incrible juego, con la placa original de arcade. Desculpa por mi español "imperfecto"

on-topic: I hope KOF XIII american community can expand when the console version releases to not be resumed as Cali-NY.

Dark Geese

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:52 AM »
Sibarraz- I am trying to fight the mentality of anyone giving any country a free pass period. Yes that "respect" as a whole must be earned, but that is really what I am trying to do is tell these people (even in the USA in places that aren't SoCal/my lair/NYC etc by MOTIVATING THEM because I know you can succeed without having access to competition immediately around you, but it seems some people aren't listening to this message so I am getting tired of spreading the message).

People can't just say "We're gonna go beat Fuudo next year at EVO!" in SF, but not be willing to make the ultimate sacrifices to defeat Fuudo!!!

So me saying the whole SBO discussion, even as I was telling others here, that is in reply to the 10+ messages I got with people asking me "Who I thought was going to win EVO for KOF13" and them all saying they thought Xian was going to win it because he got Top 4 at SBO.

I'm working hard to fight this stereotype period, so it has nothing to me to do with humility per se, it's more that I want people to stop having this mentality and I will fight this to the end, this is part of the very tournament you speak of The Latin American Cup, it is time to give Latin America a time to shine from Mexico, Brazil, Peru, and open others eyes.  It's all about continuing to learn from other people and revisiting the very things you "know".

Aleixo: CaliNY Lol.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:55:50 AM by Dark Geese »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 05:02:11 AM »

So me saying the whole SBO discussion, even as I was telling others here, that is in reply to the 10+ messages I got with people asking me "Who I thought was going to win EVO for KOF13" and them all saying they thought Xian was going to win it because he got Top 4 at SBO.

hey man nobody who was at Evo thought Xian was gonna beat everybody in the tournament because most of us knew he hadn't played in a year, if anything we were surprised he did so well. And don't be so quick to discredit SBO he placed 4th stopped playing for a year, and came back to beat people who have playing it regularly since it came out.

people could be saying the same thing about your tournaments. I don't think it would be a good idea as a T.O. to discredit such a highly regarded tournament by using Xian's placing as an example that definitely does not hold weight.

of course I say this with utmost respect and simply stated why I differ in opinion
" you fight well in the old style"