Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370164 times)

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #885 on: August 14, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »
About Saiki, he was banned from tournament because of his imbalance? Will it be always? That is, it's useless to pick up this char and just a waste, isn't?

I don't think he will be banned in the future, at least i hope not.

I think the misconception at the moment is that he is a 'boss character', whereas he is more like a 'toned down playable version' of the boss, in my opinion from what i have seen from him so far he does not seem broken or has any particular advantage over any characters.

From what i remember of the actual Boss Saiki he is not even the same.

Maybe he has some good combos from the videos i saw from EVO, but then a lot of characters have them as well.

It will be disappointing if the KOF community actually decides to ban Saiki and the DLC characters, especially in an age where other fighting game communities are allowing home version characters. 

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #886 on: August 14, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »
About Saiki, he was banned from tournament because of his imbalance? Will it be always? That is, it's useless to pick up this char and just a waste, isn't?

I think the misconception at the moment is that he is a 'boss character', whereas he is more like a 'toned down playable version' of the boss, in my opinion from what i have seen from him so far he does not seem broken or has any particular advantage over any characters.

Maybe he has some good combos from the videos i saw from EVO, but then a lot of characters have them as well.

It will be disappointing if the KOF community actually decides to ban Saiki and the DLC characters, especially in an age where other fighting game communities are allowing home version characters. 

I hope so, too.
And it's right, he wasn't that broken.
Now we mention it, was he banned on EVO console side-tournament?
Oh well, it is beta after all.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 14, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »

I hope so, too.
And it's right, he wasn't that broken.
Now we mention it, was he banned on EVO console side-tournament?
Oh well, it is beta after all.

No he was not banned at the EVO side tournament, we actually encourage the participants to use Saiki and Billy.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 14, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »

I think so too! he's just a toned down boss character... But I do get why they did that, because he is a boss/mid boss character, and I don't think that we know enough yet... To know how good he is as a character, and I don't think he will be banned in the future, at least i hope not too.
Xbox live: Chipymax

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 14, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »
I do think Saiki is a little over powered, but not so much that he should be banned. Of course at Evo things were a bit different than it is at SvB. There were a lot of people that already have been playing the arcade for a long time and I doubt they were going to have much trouble against a character no one has had the time to master.

However, I was not one of those people. I have only played the arcade once before going to Evo. But despite my lack of experience, most of the time I would at least take out my opponent's first character. Until I played against someone who put Saiki first. I played this guy 4 or 5 times and not once was I able to beat his Saiki and he was clearly not as good as most of the other people I had been playing at Evo.

Obviously a big factor is that I need to improve my skills at this game. But I believe Saiki is definitely a very strong character. Billy Cane seemed to fit well with everyone else though.

Honestly, I never liked Ash so having a more powerful version of him to put up with isn't something I'm really excited about. Even though I don't think he's so strong that he should be banned, I wouldn't cry if he was.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:12:25 PM by MetalThrashingMadman »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 15, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
You really think we need one? I'd figure a thread on the idea would pretty much be

"Hey, did you see ____?"
"Yeah."
"OK, COOL!"
*repeat 20 times*
-close thread-

SVB is repeating what was found at EVO and Otakon, just now with an additional pic or 2.

Yes, SAB-CA. I really do. Like I said, it's getting hard to keep track of all the cameos, and no one wants to browse through a flurry of pages to find them.

A thread like that will basically be just pics. Not much of a thread, but still...

krazykone123

« Reply #891 on: August 15, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »

I concur. IMO the last thing the KOF community (outside of Asia anyway) needs to do is alienate potential players because some of the characters they want to use are on the "DO NOT PICK" list.

However, I still hope Saiki and the DLC cats don't end up towering over the rest of the roster in terms of strength by the time the game drops.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 15, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »
I don't see any characters getting banned unless they are completely game breaking.

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 15, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »
Yeah, I don't imagine any character is going to be better than arcade Raiden, and he stuck around, so...

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 15, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
Okay Kula's EX ray spin lost all Invincibility ....now for Raiden's EX air grab (DP  ;a;c) come on at best make it invincible UNTIL the active frame, not during start up and active.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 15, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »
Didn't the SNKP say in the one if the interviews that they will make the DLC characters more powerful, because they want people to buy them. Ex-Iori might already be a game breaker, just being Iori... I just hope they didn't gave him one EX that can end the fight in one moment, like it was with Raiden.

They don't need to make more powerful characters, they need to make more solic-characters, well balanced, and fun to play with.
Xbox live: Chipymax

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #896 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
why are you talking so much about dlc and stuff like this.If teh netcode will suck nobody will buy any dlc...and personally if the netcode will suck balls this is the last money playmore is ever gonna see from me.I want to hear more news about the netcode and maybe some plans for a demo release with beta online. + i want the spectator mode as a future free dlc for the game.Stop talking about pretty colours and overpowered characters that 99% will be banned from turneys unless they rebalance them somehow (from what i heard the dlc characters will BE overpowered so noobs will buy them)....or maybe they have in mind an Ultimate kof XIII tougeki edition special premium rebalanced 2k12 LOL
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:11:14 PM by KBlackNoah »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #897 on: August 15, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »
They mentioned there were no plans for a Beta / Demo in the Dreamcancel interview.

Atlus and Rising Star both seem to know, as publishers, that the netcode issue was a serious mark aganist XII. I don't know how they plan to prove to use that things have changed, but they seem aware enough to have SOMETHING in the works.

Only thing we kinda know so far is that they'll most likely be a blog post around Thursday, and the first Japanese demo station events will be starting this Saturday.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 15, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
why are you talking so much about dlc and stuff like this.If teh netcode will suck nobody will buy any dlc...and personally if the netcode will suck balls this is the last money playmore is ever gonna see from me.I want to hear more news about the netcode and maybe some plans for a demo release with beta online. + i want the spectator mode as a future free dlc for the game.Stop talking about pretty colours and overpowered characters that 99% will be banned from turneys unless they rebalance them somehow (from what i heard the dlc characters will BE overpowered so noobs will buy them)....or maybe they have in mind an Ultimate kof XIII tougeki edition special premium rebalanced 2k12 LOL

Netcode... lol That's quite the demand. You should just stop now and move on to something else.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:25:02 PM by AmedoS310 »

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 15, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »
I wonder if they'll be able to try the online at the demo stations.