Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370088 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #1020 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:38 AM »
whats so special about momoko?

She's the only barefoot female fighter in 2D KOF.

Sadly.

Elena from 3rd Strike is barefoot fighter and she also uses Capoeira(sp).

Also had lots of hilarious moments against some friends when I used Momoko, when I first played XI with friends I knew about her Leader DM but my friends didn't. So I just dashed back and on the corner I started doing it, my friend said "Wtf is she doin..." and then BOOM fucking lazor! It was so fucking random that we just started laughing. That is another reason why I like her, me and my friend have  running gag regarding that huge pink Lazor. lol

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1021 on: August 18, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »
Momoko could of been so much better if her moves were more serious, like Bob Wilson. Also if she was made taller and curvier, she'd be better.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 18, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
yeah i commented on you post on atlus. i actually was hoping for a capo girl like that for real long (since 97/98). i always wanted bob or some female student he and richard trained or whatever. cept no loli.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1024 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
Momoko is 19... so not a 'loli'. She's original for Capo fighters, but, still.... naaa.

Sharnt, I want Kasumi too.. but not more than Xiangfei!

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 18, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
Snip

I know I said it pages back but Im LOVING South Town and Billys Clock Tower. Very down to earth stages.

Here's hoping they bring back The Sewers, and The Park Stage (Sunny & Rainy) from '99

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #1026 on: August 18, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
Snip

I know I said it pages back but Im LOVING South Town and Billys Clock Tower. Very down to earth stages.

Here's hoping they bring back The Sewers, and The Park Stage (Sunny & Rainy) from '99

Rainy stage should be in the game. They even could add rain in Ash stage (ruined mansion). That'd be epic. I'm fond of Hazama's stage in BB, Rooftop in CvS 2, and of course The Park in 99.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 18, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »
Momoko is 19... so not a 'loli'. She's original for Capo fighters, but, still.... naaa.

I thought she was 16.

Translation of the Blog by Toxico from MMCafe:

Here. Hou, it looks like The Professor is going to need to run a little update to the South Town map

BTW, this is the first part of the stages article (前編), meaning that the next update is likely to be the next part.

Good day.
For this opportunity we want to take a two round length time to speak about the stages.

1.- Ash's Stage (Burnt Ruins)
[pic]

This stage is somewhat mysterious, why is this stage here? what is it about?
Can a clear answer of what was the image of making this stage was and what happened here?

Yamamoto P : Young Ash and Elizabeth lived in this castle. What, 10 years ago? But then everything was raced by a fire and is now in ruins.
"How the fire rose from this place", I think about this as "an image".
A lonely and deserted place that looks impressive, add the representation of the light of the clouds after the rain. A beautiful scene which depicts loneliness.

Behind is the statue of the Goddess of Victory, "Nike of Samothrace".

Yamamoto P : It was the preference of the person in charge. He is someone that actually knows about the beauty of Nike, as he is a former students of an arts college (T : Escuela de Bellas Artes, 美大出身 ; how could I better phrase that at 4am?).

This is also an stage that couldn't be made at the time of the arcade release (T: unsure about this bit). Are some characters hidden guests in there? It's actually quite fun spotting them sometimes, could you please say something in advance?

Yamamoto P : No, nothing too strange is to be found here. We really wanted to go with the image of a formal residence for this stage, and characters from SNK might be found here that will suit that image. Like a certain character fencer who wears and iron clad of armor

2.- Saiki ・ Pretransformation Stage (Vessel Room)
[pic]

Was this developed as "Saiki's stage", where the base of those who come from the past is located? What kind of place is this?

Yamamoto P : This is located in the stage "Rose Stadium" where the finals take place and beneath the "Gate of Destiny". It is said that the purpose of Rose's construction of the stadium is to have a place to gather the power sources such as the one of Orochi.

So it's quite an OdoroOdoroshi stage? (T : That's like.... Errieochi or something??). What exactly is the red ball in the background?

Yamamoto P : It can be considered as something in the lines of "it's what absorbs the power of Orochi"? As the battle progress and "the energy augments" changes in the stage will be witnessed.

There it was a point of difficulty when doing this stage?

Yamamoto P : The red power that belongs to Orochi, just "what is it". In the first place, "how can we even express that"? It was difficult to share that feeling with others, It's like blood that flows, but that fact only complicated matters further. Remember that we have to respect the details of the setting and have the red liquid "to flow" "into" the center of the sphere between the rocks and the ground.

3.- Billy's Stage (Clock Tower)

The concept for this stage?

Yamamoto P : Begging with the issue, we have that this scene is here for Billy... And for us the most impressive scene of Billy was the one in GarouSP with all of those gears moving, and thus the keywords of the location in London was "Gears". Many different ideas about clockworks came about; elevators and a deck revolving around observation, and a huge laundry and factory. In the end we went for the image of as much English~looking possible Clock Tower.

Are more people in the background, besides the obvious presence of his sister Lily Kane?

Yamamoto P : In the background we have characters that are more or less closely related to Billy, please look attentively.

4 .- South Town
[pic]

The concept for this stage?

Yamamoto P : Ryuuko no Ken's Micky Stage. With skyscrappers in the distance and the contrast of the rough streets we wanted to give an "early morning in the streets after a rainy night" feeling.

[Micky Pic]
Any important points here?

There is a cat in the background hovering around, it's movements will be different with each round. The youth sitting in the middle was actually more of an elderly person before. Feel free to think of that as the effects of the ちょいワル effect (T : I obviously don't get the joke. Perhaps it references This? ).
In the Iphone version you can actually see the old man sitting in the background.

It appears that some other characters are hidding in the background here.

Yamamoto P : It looks like the place where the people of Big might do some suspicious transactions. There is something in the poster as well.

How was it?

The experience meeting will start on the 20.
A meeting centered in the showing of KoF XIII

Please look forward to try playing with us.

Then, we parts ways for now.

Whatever insult to the art of redaction perse I have committed with that crouped up text will be reviewed after I rest some and viciously kill people in my sleep.

edit : Atlus announced another public showing of the game in their site... Can't care for the link nor the place right now.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »

Xiangfei is a Cameo, so i doubt she is going to be include into the game.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1029 on: August 18, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
I think I remember seeing 19 somewhere (was it the manual? In game info? I forget), and just shaking my head, lol. The Anniversairy site nor the SNK Wiki say a default age, so I'm not sure where last I saw a number. They just mention she's highschool age, but looks like an elementary school girl.

And noooo, not the Cameo reasoning again! ;) Of course, Kasumi is ALSO a Cameo in te Kyokugen stage... soooo... (Along with Eiji, Malin, Kushnood, and Hayate.)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »
I think I remember seeing 19 somewhere (was it the manual? In game info? I forget), and just shaking my head, lol. The Anniversairy site nor the SNK Wiki say a default age, so I'm not sure where last I saw a number. They just mention she's highschool age, but looks like an elementary school girl.

And noooo, not the Cameo reasoning again! ;) Of course, Kasumi is ALSO a Cameo in te Kyokugen stage... soooo... (Along with Eiji, Malin, Kushnood, and Hayate.)

Maybe I got the number of from her been in HighSchool, so I assumed the youngest age for Highschool which is 16 IIRC.

BTW I have yet to see any of the cameos besides the obvious Hayato in the Kyokugen Dojo Stage. =/

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 18, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
The stream is about to begin again

http://www.elive.pro/watch/zI0ZIIRpCUpB

(Still french ask anything on the chat)

European producer atm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:43:39 AM by Sharnt »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »

you're fuckin kiddin me...............

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 18, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
Omg Benimaru's qcf.AC stun the opponent mid air, so you can juggle/mix up as you wish.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »

you're fuckin kiddin me...............

And Shion is a man, news at XI!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:46:52 PM by DarKaoZ »