Author Topic: NGBC - Mudman  (Read 5174 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Mudman
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:18:32 AM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a is cancel-able.
* cl. ;c acts as an overhead.

Standing
* st. ;a is whiff cancel-able.
* st. ;c has some range, but a slight delay.

Crouching
* ;dn ;a / ;b / ;c are cancel-able.
* ;dn ;d causes tech-able KD but has the shortest range for a sweep move.
* ;dn ;b can link to ;dn ;a .
* ;dn ;c can hit up to 2 times if close enough to opponent.

Jumping
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;b looks exactly like Mud Rider, and has the exact same properties and hitbox.

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
* Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Mudman to do counter with an attack similar to his cl. ;b , and he will then tag out.

Throw
Dakitsuki Punch: ;bk / ;fd +  ;c ;d
*Can be broken. Does 2 hits and puts the opponent far enough to zone.

==Command Moves==
Mud Slider: ;df + ;c  
* Mudman hits the floor and slides, tripping the opponent and causing tech-able KD. This move links from ;dn ;a and can also be used to avoid projectiles while advancing.

Mud Air Rider: (air) ;dn + ;b
* Mudman does a dive attack at an angle. This move has a good priority, and should be used whenever possible. There are a few moves that do beat it like dp anti-air moves, and some standing/crouching normals, but depending on the match-up, you can tell as to whether or not this will be a good move to abuse. This move can also be used to bait out certain attacks if timed right. This move also cancels out of Mud Flight.

Special Moves
Mud Flight: (air) ;a + ;b + ;c
* As Mudman takes to the air, this move allows him to glide across the screen, or cancel/change his jump arc. This allows Mudman to go over alot of moves, projectiles, and some supers even.

Mud Dance: ;dn ;dn + ;a + ;b + ;c
* This move is rather dumb. The only purpose this move has is to build meter, but seeing as the game system gives you meter for free and at a fast rate, the only real use for this move would be a taunt. I guess if you're in range, and you have just enough to taunt and throw out a super, it would have some purpose. Mudman is an annoying character, and this would probably add to the annoying factor.  

Mud Attack: ;qcf + ;a / ;c
* Mudman spits out a water midget that runs towards the opponent. Button strength determines the speed at which the projectile runs.

Mud Launcher: ;qcf + ;b / ;d
* Mudman spits out a water midget in the air. The button strength determines the arc at which the projectile flies, ultimately changing the distance.

Mud Cutter: ;qcb + ;b / ;d (air OK)
* Mudman levitates holding onto his mask, while spinning, whipping with his loin cloth. While doing this move, holding ;bk or ;fd will allow Mudman to move at a slow pace. This move can also be performed in the air.

Mud Gyro: ;dn ~ ;up + ;a / ;c
* Mudman does a spinning jump, attacking with his head/mask. This is an ok anti air, but this move can be beaten out and at times can trade in favor of the opponent.

Desperation Moves
Super Mudman Attack: ;qcf ;qcf + ;a / ;c
* Mudman spits out a super water midget that runs across the screen. This is a great move for projectile setups, and is a quick way to counter a projectile of any type.  

Sprite Sphere: ;qcf ;qcf + ;b / ;d
* Mudman calls out a giant blue orb that falls to the ground at a 45 degree angle. This move is also great for jump in setups and wake up game.

Heaven's Cross: ;hcb ;fd + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d (requires 2 stocks of meter)
* Mudman busts out drumming, summoning a blue beam. If the opponent touches this in any way, 2 muscular beings come down, and lift the opponent in the sky, followed by sending them crashing down to the ground. The beam can be blocked, and if blocked can leave Mudman open for an attack because he doesn't stop drumming for awhile. This can make a good anti air as well if timed right. Button strength determines the position of the beam. ;a goes behind Mudman, ;b goes slightly in front of him; ;c is a bit farther, and ;d is the farthest.

Combos and strats are found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mudman_(NGBC)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:13:19 PM by jinxhand »

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC - Mudman
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:19:22 AM »
Since I main Mudman I thought I'd add some of the BnB's I use:

;dn ;b,  ;dn ;a, mudslider is one BnB
close standing  ;b,  close standing  ;b, mudslider is the second

Both of these can be linked to his Mud Launcher of either strength, as long as you run in quick enough
You can also link them from a  MudMan Attack  ;a at full screen for extra shenanigans
Close Standing   ;c, MudMan Attack  ;c, and Heaven's Gate  ;b Version is a good corner combo, subsitute Heaven's Gate  ;b for the  ;c version when out of the corner

Close Standing  ;c,  MudMan Attack  ;c, and Super Mudman attack (any version) works out of the corner

All of the combos above can be linked with the Mud Launcher and a full screen MudMan Attack  ;a, but you absolutely have to be in the opponents face for it to work (after you've launched at the appropriate distance). You have to be pretty close for the close standing  ;c to work. Basically if you don't see his head whip you've done it wrong.

(credit goes to Remzi for the MudMan Launcher combos, and Orochinagi for the BnB's)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:25:09 AM by JoeJustice »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:35:44 AM »
You seem to have put one of Asura's attacks in Mudman's movelist, jinxhand. You should fix that.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:06 AM »
You seem to have put one of Asura's attacks in Mudman's movelist, jinxhand. You should fix that.

You didn't know about that special move Mudman had......? :) j/k

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
Some matchups that can go in Mudman's favor with the Dive Kick if he can get in on them:
-Marco
-Hotaru
-Mizuchi
-Asura

Some matchups that are NOT in Mudman's favor:
-Big
-Tung

This list will be continually updated.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
I truly love how Mudman can throw out 2 and at times 3 projectiles at once on the screen to zone. Sure, he's no Marco, but he can really space characters out... His patterns can get monotonous at times though.

I think Mudman can definitely get a Yuki player if they don't know how to use Sengoku and his dp move effectively. Sengoku might serve Yuki better in this case though, since the window for the counter comes out fast, and ends rather quickly.

Asura still has jumping C, and that counter move to stop Mudman, but the match is still in favor for him if he closes in. The tripping part is that most of his normals and projectiles Mudman can slide right under, and for those he can't, a super jump into Mud Flight definitely serves a purpose in this matchup.

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 08:49:47 PM »
Have you also tested against Mizuchi how even though he has dp+a/C? to go in mid air at an angle..how if Mudman can do instant dive kicks on him it's still hard for him to beat that???

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »
Have you also tested against Mizuchi how even though he has dp+a/C? to go in mid air at an angle..how if Mudman can do instant dive kicks on him it's still hard for him to beat that???

Off the top of my head, I haven't tested this, but he does have standing d, which can go into dp+D straight into his 236236P. I'll test that to see if it works for or against Mudman though.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 04:47:30 AM »
Since I main Mudman I thought I'd add some of the BnB's I use:

;dn ;b,  ;dn ;a, mudslider is one BnB
close standing  ;b,  close standing  ;b, mudslider is the second

Both of these can be linked to his Mud Launcher of either strength, as long as you run in quick enough
You can also link them from a  MudMan Attack  ;a at full screen for extra shenanigans
Close Standing   ;c, MudMan Attack  ;c, and Heaven's Gate  ;b Version is a good corner combo, subsitute Heaven's Gate  ;b for the  ;c version when out of the corner

Close Standing  ;c,  MudMan Attack  ;c, and Super Mudman attack (any version) works out of the corner

All of the combos above can be linked with the Mud Launcher and a full screen MudMan Attack  ;a, but you absolutely have to be in the opponents face for it to work (after you've launched at the appropriate distance). You have to be pretty close for the close standing  ;c to work. Basically if you don't see his head whip you've done it wrong.

(credit goes to Remzi for the MudMan Launcher combos, and Orochinagi for the BnB's)

Both of those last combos make for good punish off of heavy attacks, or if you're quick with blue canceling...

There's also ;qcf ;b , ;qcf ;c xx ;qcf ;qcf ;c . If that first move hits, the rest makes up a good 3 hit combo. About 45% life. You can replace ;qcf ;qcf ;c with ;hcb ;fd ;d for more damage.

There's some setups also with ;fd ;d . If you use a mud launcher, and dash in to use ;fd ;d , you can push the opponent into the projectile-- that is if they're too scared to jump.

Oh yeah, one last combo.

;qcf ;qcf ;b , ;fd ;d

You can get one hit off during the super, and ;fd ;d is good for that.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:15:09 AM by jinxhand »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
Here's a YT vid with some Mudman stuff I found awhile back. All that's there are practical, but some of those things just aren't even worth it imo... I will say though that the very last thing in the vid does allow for a throw attempt, or a bait, especially for chars with strong dp's (Ryo, Kyo, K', Iori, P-charge Yuki).

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - Goofy Mudman Combos
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:15:46 AM by jinxhand »