Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1978 times)

dante

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »
New member here.  Haven't played KOF since 97.  Just started looking into it again since KOFXIII arrived at our arcade (Galloping Ghost.)

I hope to get better at it.  I don't know if I am the oldest member but at 37 I may be...

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

Getting back into KOF after a long time away from it can be tough and frustrating (I've only started playing a couple of months ago after about 7 or 8 years away), but stick with it and you'll start improving before you know it.  And don't fret over your age.  The SNK crowd in general is a bit older than most fighter fanbases...pretty sure that there are some others in their 30s around here, if not older.  Besides, reaction time doesn't start to decline significantly until mid-40s for most people ;)
Old man/bad player

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:57:41 PM »
New member here.  Haven't played KOF since 97.  Just started looking into it again since KOFXIII arrived at our arcade (Galloping Ghost.)

I hope to get better at it.  I don't know if I am the oldest member but at 37 I may be...

There's quite a few of us in our thirties, I think the admin is 36 himself so don't worry about it.  Muscle memory should help you relearn KOF quickly; like working out at a gym.   Welcome to DC Dante, btw which are you from and where is this Galloping Ghost arcade that I remember hearing about?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »
Welcome do DC Dante, looks like the IL scene is growing! this is a good time to be part of the KOF community!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »
Welcome to DC Dante! Don't worry about age, KOF has no age barriers. Why be a newbie when you can become a grand master? Practice up and Have Fun because KOF 13 is a helluva game!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

dante

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »
Quote from: Kane317
btw which are you from and where is this Galloping Ghost arcade that I remember hearing about?

I'm from Lombard Illinois.

Galloping Ghost is in Brookfield Illinois.  As far as I know it is the largest arcade in North America.  They have over 250 arcade coin-ops and a few pinballs.  $15 to get in but all the machines are set to free play.

They have a huge assortment of SNK games including Capcom vs. SNK 1 and 2.

http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

[edit]I just checked their webpage - they are up to 259 coin-ops now with more coming (I'm not sure where they are going to put them all!)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:48:45 PM by dante »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »
Quote from: Kane317
btw which are you from and where is this Galloping Ghost arcade that I remember hearing about?

I'm from Lombard Illinois.

Galloping Ghost is in Brookfield Illinois.  As far as I know it is the largest arcade in North America.  They have over 250 arcade coin-ops and a few pinballs.  $15 to get in but all the machines are set to free play.

They have a huge assortment of SNK games including Capcom vs. SNK 1 and 2.

http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

[edit]I just checked their webpage - they are up to 259 coin-ops now with more coming (I'm not sure where they are going to put them all!)

Afterwards, I read your post in the training thread (I think), and you explained it there, cool deal.