Author Topic: Who's getting 3SOE?  (Read 43247 times)

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Who's getting 3SOE?
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2011, 03:49:54 AM »
Well despite being told not to, I just tried playing ranked mode and I must be in the extreme minority because I had almost no problems. It took about a minute to find a match and aside from 2 people everyone had at least a yellow connection, and all of those played perfectly minus a few freezes.

I got to rank 6 in about 2 hours, ended up fighting quite a few skilled players too.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2011, 01:35:34 AM »
Got revenge on this GGPO troll:

Louiscipher VS ICruisel

I am rock hard right now.

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2011, 02:49:49 AM »
How was he a troll? Because of the headbutt bullshit he kept going for? Also you're an alex player so you can probably tell me, for the slash move where he travels across the screen is there time to punish it on block with a super or anything? I can't parry the damn thing to save my life.

I would try setting it up in training mode but for some reason capcom thought the "record" feature should be a recording of yourself training that you can't do anything with. Simply amazing.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2011, 06:13:11 AM »
I bought the game today, my gamertag is on my sig to test the online

Waifu Material

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
I would try setting it up in training mode but for some reason capcom thought the "record" feature should be a recording of yourself training that you can't do anything with. Simply amazing.

Do Parrying Training, you can record your opponent.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
@Icewater I explained it in the video description but the short version is that the guy would abuse lag as much as he could and talk shit. Plus he used Turbo too.

To get used to parrying Alex's Shoulder you can go into Parry training mode, and after you set Alex to do a Shoulder you can exit out, go into Parry Training, then after the dummy does the shoulder you can hit select and replay that part over and over.

How Alex uses his Shoulder is exactly how Urien uses his Shoulder in that they're trying to be unpredictable with it. The difference is that 9 times out of 10 that Urien will hitconfirm his shoulder into Aegis and get you in the corner whereas Alex is more likely to use EX in order to get that knock down and control the fight.

I would suggest (and because I main Alex and want no competition ;) ) that Parrying Urien's Shoulder is pretty essential to shutting down his Aegis traps. But just blocking Alex's Shoulder doesn't really leave you at a disadvantage. I mean if you block it, I still have to work at getting back in there, in that time you could jump out or do whatever.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:06:45 PM by LouisCipher »

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »
@Icewater I explained it in the video description but the short version is that the guy would abuse lag as much as he could and talk shit. Plus he used Turbo too.

To get used to parrying Alex's Shoulder you can go into Parry training mode, and after you set Alex to do a Shoulder you can exit out, go into Parry Training, then after the dummy does the shoulder you can hit select and replay that part over and over.

How Alex uses his Shoulder is exactly how Urien uses his Shoulder in that they're trying to be unpredictable with it. The difference is that 9 times out of 10 that Urien will hitconfirm his shoulder into Aegis and get you in the corner whereas Alex is more likely to use EX in order to get that knock down and control the fight.

I would suggest (and because I main Alex and want no competition ;) ) that Parrying Urien's Shoulder is pretty essential to shutting down his Aegis traps. But just blocking Alex's Shoulder doesn't really leave you at a disadvantage. I mean if you block it, I still have to work at getting back in there, in that time you could jump out or do whatever.

Glad to see you kick his ass then.  :)

Cool, being able to train's going to make life a lot easier for me, I guess I just overlooked the option yesterday because I was thinking about trying to punish it on block instead of parrying. I can parry urien's tackle pretty regularly but that shoulder gives me problems because I don't know what part of the slash animation to parry, I can figure it out now though.

And like you say it doesn't leave me at a disadvantage but I couldn't punish it either, so what's someone who just started playing alex going to do? Nothing but that move of course, with some head stomps mixed in. It got kind of tiring yesterday, along with the apparent sa1 akuma hunting season taking place on xbox live right now. Those guys are pretty easily taken care of though and at least I'm getting plenty of fireball parrying experience.

Edit- Alright the regular version is indeed very punishable and pretty easy to parry too. The ex version less so, looks like I'm going to need to learn to red parry the 2nd hit of it to hit back with anything.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:29:52 PM by IceWater »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
watched that earlier today was pretty funny

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2011, 04:45:56 AM »
Mixed Feelings with online

For one, I don't have problems with delay and I can parry

But, the teleport is annoying

Waifu Material

m1x4h

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
Anybody still playing this on PSN?
KoF13 Newbie: Mai/Ash/Kim
UMvC3: X23/Wesker/Sentinel
SF3: Akuma
MvC2: MSS
CvS2: C-Ken/Cammy/Blanka2
PSN: M1x4h

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
I play this on PSN, id probably play more if I had people to play.
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »
I stopped playing it because of all the bugs and terrible netcode. I played a guy in the same state as me and he was a Green connection, good internet, and it felt as delayed as Supercade and it was pretty much impossible to quick roll.

Terrible disgrace of a port.

m1x4h

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
I play this on PSN, id probably play more if I had people to play.
Add me then!
KoF13 Newbie: Mai/Ash/Kim
UMvC3: X23/Wesker/Sentinel
SF3: Akuma
MvC2: MSS
CvS2: C-Ken/Cammy/Blanka2
PSN: M1x4h