Author Topic: Who's getting 3SOE?  (Read 43617 times)

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Who's getting 3SOE?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 03:05:27 AM »
Which is intentinal, you can switch the input delay to 0.

The ps3 itself causes the lag somehow. It happens on sf4 too and they've done tests comparing it to the 360 to show it.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 03:17:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/3stest2501?feature=mhee

I'll be uploading more videos. There was a Ken who was REALLY laggy. The online is a bit of crapshoot.

GG to Steamwolf, you could do well with Hugo.

So far I've had two ragequits, one where the entire room emptied after I raped an Akuma. Lost to one good Ken, one bad Ken, and one Yun (Yun is my personal worst matchup). It was awesome raping this shitty Necro who was trolling hardcore.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:21:34 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 03:20:44 AM »
Which is intentinal, you can switch the input delay to 0.

The ps3 itself causes the lag somehow. It happens on sf4 too and they've done tests comparing it to the 360 to show it.
Well apparently Seth disagrees with Ryan                                    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/23/input-lag-ps3-release-sf3-online-edition-seth-says-no/
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 03:26:33 AM »
Seth works for capcom so there's no way he'll say that there's lag until some proof shows up. Hopefully, if it does end up being the game itself and not the ps3 or anything it can be fixed with a patch.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 03:32:57 AM »
Seth works for capcom so there's no way he'll say that there's lag until some proof shows up. Hopefully, if it does end up being the game itself and not the ps3 or anything it can be fixed with a patch.
Still wasn't the exhibition at Evo on PS3 and i don't recall any of those players complaining about lag, slowdown or anything being different from the arcade version.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:21 AM »
Supposedly it was laggy, but it (or most of it I guess) was caused by the tvs they were using so nobody made a big deal out of it.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 04:02:42 AM »
I played in training and online. Experienced no input lag aside from really laggy dudes.

For example: I could do Alex's stMP, stMK, EX Flash Chop 9 times out of 10. Just like I can on MAME. And actually when the connection was good (which happened quite a bit) I was able to get that combo out no problem. I could NEVER get it out on GGPO.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 04:20:12 AM »
I wonder if the different display settings are what's causing all these conflicting reports regarding lag.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 04:26:28 AM »
I forgot how annoying it's to fight someone with low Ping in GGPO. I hate all that skipping, I wish the game would let you  see the number pings instead of colors. =/

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 04:38:42 AM »
I played in training and online. Experienced no input lag aside from really laggy dudes.

For example: I could do Alex's stMP, stMK, EX Flash Chop 9 times out of 10. Just like I can on MAME. And actually when the connection was good (which happened quite a bit) I was able to get that combo out no problem. I could NEVER get it out on GGPO.

That's good to hear, if it works better than it did on ggpo there isn't much to worry about.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 04:43:32 AM »
I notice the menus are a bit slow or laggy if you will say. But the game itself is like I remember it.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 05:48:47 AM »
I stand by my statement that 3S is slow. I played it for about an hour and then switched over to KOF95 and it's faster.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 06:02:06 AM »
With no offense to the ones who like it, but I'll never understand why people enjoy this game. I own 3rd Strike for the DC and played it casually. got the Xbox version of the game tried playing it more seriously and it was horrible. And I'm not one of those people who complained about the cast cause that kind of stuff is stupid to complain about imo

but anyways, I just never liked the way the game played and also, it really does feel slow.

But anyway, kudos to the people who enjoy it. I just finally got a chance to play SSF4AE and if 3SO means the majority of the dickhead SF4 players online are leaving that game for this one, good riddance.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
With no offense to the ones who like it, but I'll never understand why people enjoy this game. I own 3rd Strike for the DC and played it casually. got the Xbox version of the game tried playing it more seriously and it was horrible. And I'm not one of those people who complained about the cast cause that kind of stuff is stupid to complain about imo

but anyways, I just never liked the way the game played and also, it really does feel slow.

But anyway, kudos to the people who enjoy it. I just finally got a chance to play SSF4AE and if 3SO means the majority of the dickhead SF4 players online are leaving that game for this one, good riddance.
implying the whole street fighter community isn't a bunch of dickheads

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »
I stand by my statement that 3S is slow. I played it for about an hour and then switched over to KOF95 and it's faster.
at least it's faster than sf4