Author Topic: KOF 98UM - Vice  (Read 6277 times)

krazykone123

KOF 98UM - Vice
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »
http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vice_(98UM)

Don't mind the brackets and junk, just copyed it from the wiki (which was copyed from my 2002UM page with minor edits)

Throws:
Death Blow:  ;bk/ ;fd;c (close)
Backlash:  ;bk/ ;fd;d

Command Moves:
Monstrosity:  ;fd;a

Special Moves:
Gore Fest:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk;fd;a/ ;c (close)
Deicide:  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd;b/ ;d
Mayhem:  ;dn ;db ;bk;a/ ;c
┗ Mithan's Robe:  ;dn ;df ;fd;a/ ;c
Blackend:  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd;a/ ;c (close)
┗ Mithan's Robe:  ;dn ;df ;fd;a/ ;c
Outrage:  ;dn ;db ;bk;b/ ;d
Ravenous:  ;dn ;db ;bk;b/ ;d in air

Desperation Moves:
Withering Surface:  ;dn ;df ;fd x 2 +  ;a/ ;c
Negative Gain:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x 2 +  ;b/ ;d (close)
Dying Fetus:  ;dn ;df ;fd x 2 +  ;b/ ;d

==Normals==

===Close===

* cl.A/B/C/D are cancellable
* Close C has relatively poor reach and pushes back afterward making it difficult to use in BnB's.
* Close D does two hits making it very easy to hit-confirm into command moves or special attacks or even DM's, can even be used as a make-shift anti-air.

====Standing====
* Stand A is cancel-able/whiff cancellable
* Stand B/C are good pokes, stand C is preferred over stand B because of the hitstun/start-up/ and damage.
* Stand D can used as an anti-air poke but it's a little slow.

====Crouching====
* cr. A/B/C/D are cancellable/whiff cancellable
* cr. A/B are chain-able
* cr. B can only be blocked low
* cr. C is a moderately good anti-air if used early enough, it can be canceled but only before her arm extends into the air
* cr. D sweeps the opponent, whiff cancellable before the sweep

===Jumping===
* j. A/C are cancel-able
* j. B is a very good meaty attack
* j. C/D have good hitstun and can start help start ground combos but you have to use them really late

===Blowback Attack===
* Stand CD has good range much like her stand C except it comes out slower, whiff cancel-able/cancel-able
* Jump CD comes out fast making it a good air-to-air when used early

==Throws==
'''Death Blow''' = b/f + C
*Vice grabs the opponent then scratches them, simple stuff.
* Can be broken, regular knockdown

'''Backlash''' = b/f + D
* Vice grabs them then tosses them behind her, good for setting up meaty jump-ins.
* Can be broken, reverse knockdown

==Command Moves==
'''Monstrosity''' = f + A
* Vice makes a fist then hits them over the head, good for string normals into special attacks, overhead when used alone so it will hit crouching opponents regardless of blocking, hard knockdown when done to opponents in the air.

==Special Moves==
'''Gore Fest''' = hcb f + A/C close
* Vice grabs her opponent then rushes forward dragging them across the ground, then throws them into the air, command grab properties, reverse knockdown.

'''Deicide''' = hcf + B/D
* Vice does a quick swipe attack with her hand throwing the opponent to the other side of the screen, the weak version can combo from strong attacks and her command normal, the strong version range is a little further but comes out a lot slower, it can grab jumping opponents but only when they are close to the ground, causes a reverse knockdown.

'''Mayhem''' = qcb + A/C
* A shoulder tackle, combos from just about everything except her command normal, the weak version is a lot safer on block than the strong version because of its recovery.

┗ '''Mithan's Robe''' = qcf + A/C
* Follow-up jumping grab for additional damage, input the command as soon as the the shoulder hits but only if the shoulder hits otherwise she'll jump into the air completely missing the opponent along with some really nasty recovery.

'''Blackend''' = hcf + A/C close
* Command grab, invincible at start-up making it a good reversal against un-expecting opponents, reverse knockdown when used without the follow-up Mithan's Robe.

┗ '''Mithan's Robe''' = qcf + A/C
* Follow-up jumping grab for additional damage, input the command right before she throws them into the air.

'''Outrage''' = qcb + B/D
* Vice does a barrage of kicks really fast making them as sharp as blades, weak version combos from weak attacks and does 4 hits but also pushes her hitbox back after about the 3rd hit, strong version makes her hop forward then do the attack for 10 hits but it's also not as safe as the weak version because of the hop.

'''Ravenous''' = qcb + B/D in air
* An air variant of Outrage, can be combo'd into from her j. A/C.

==Desperation Moves==
'''Withering Surface''' - qcf x 2 + A/C
* Vice leaps across the screen in an arc-like fashion to grab the opponent and slams them 3 times, weak version goes half-screen but the jump she does is high, it can be used to punish laggy projectiles from mid-screen, the strong version make her do a lower/faster jump and she goes about 90% of the screen, both version do 3 hits and she is completely invincible during the jumps arc.
*Invinble Start-up
*Grab DM

'''Negative Gain''' - hcb x 2 + B/D close
* Instant command grab, Vice grabs her opponent and does a frankensteiner 3 times, combos from just about all her normals, st. D is the easiest way to combo into it, it can also be used in a variety of ways with quick max/evade.
*Grab DM
*Quick MAX/EVADE OK

'''Dying Fetus''' - qcf x 2 + B/D
*Anti-Air Withering Surface, it works very well as a reversal but only on opponents that won't see it coming. In most cases jumping in on Vice usually isn't an issue but because she has this DM now she is can be a major threat and is more likely to keep her opponents grounded and close which allows for more chances to catch them with Blackend or even Gore Fest upo reversal, it's also more likely to keep them out of your face as soon because of the amount of options available.
*Anti-Air
*Grab DM

==Super Desperation Moves==
'''Withering Surface''' - qcf x 2 + AC
* It's executed the same way as the strong version except it does 6 hits instead of 3, does a good chunk of more damage than the regular version.
*Invincible Start-up
*Grab DM

'''Negative Gain''' - hcb x 2 + BD close
* Instant command grab, works the same way as the regular versions except she does 5 frankensteiners instead of 3
*Grab DM
*Quick MAX/EVADE OK

'''Dying Fetus''' - qcf x 2 + B/D
*Anti-Air Withering Surface, it works very well as a reversal but only on opponents that won't see it coming. In most cases jumping in on Vice usually isn't an issue but because she has this DM now she is can be a major threat and is more likely to keep her opponents grounded and close which allows for more chances to catch them with Blackend or even Gore Fest upo reversal, it's also more likely to keep them out of your face as soon because of the amount of options available, SDM does significantly more damage.
*Anti-Air
*Grab DM

==Combos==

*(late) j.D, cl.D, hcb f+P
*cr.B×3, qcb+P~qcf+P
*cl.D, f+A, hcf+K
*j.D, cl.D, hcbx2+K

'''Quick MAX'''
*cr.B, cr.A, [QUICK MAX] cl.D, hcbx2+K

'''Quick Evade Combos'''
*f+A, [Quick EVADE Attack], hcf+B
*cr.B, cr.A, [Quick MAX] cl.D, [Quick EVADE Attack], hcbx2+K

==Color Chart==

*A: Black/Red
*AB: Black/White (Mature Color)
*B: Green/Light Green
*BC: Wine Red/Pink
*C: Red/White
*CD: Brown/Pale Green
*D: Black/Orange
*AD: Pale Blue/Blue
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:00:48 PM by desmond_kof »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98UM - Vice
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:09:00 AM »
Thanks krazykone, I missed 98UM write-ups

Waifu Material

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Hey,

can someone help me with Canceling Her " Far  ;d " into her Mithan's Robe, and Mayhem. Is there any specific way it should be done. I use her alot but haven't seem to get this down. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

Edit : Like in this video, someone uses it good and took out Geese and Krauser
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:53:06 PM by biggdaddycane »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
Hey,

can someone help me with Canceling Her " Far  ;d " into her Mithan's Robe, and Mayhem. Is there any specific way it should be done. I use her alot but haven't seem to get this down. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

If I'm not mistaken, that's not her stand D; it's her dodge attack, and that seems to be cancellable into those two moves.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
Hey,

can someone help me with Canceling Her " Far  ;d " into her Mithan's Robe, and Mayhem. Is there any specific way it should be done. I use her alot but haven't seem to get this down. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

If I'm not mistaken, that's not her stand D; it's her dodge attack, and that seems to be cancellable into those two moves.

Oh Ok I see. Thx Des 

Should Of thought of that lol. >_< I was Mixing her D up with her dodge attack. Good Looking
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:38:22 AM by biggdaddycane »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:22 AM »
"Dying Fetus..."

Wow. Just wow.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:04 AM »
"Dying Fetus..."

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, she has the coolest move names. I think most of them are from Heavy/Death metal bands. One of her HSDMs in 2002 is named Cannibal Corpse.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
"Dying Fetus..."

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, she has the coolest move names. I think most of them are from Heavy/Death metal bands. One of her HSDMs in 2002 is named Cannibal Corpse.

Yes!

But Dying Fetus is relatively unknown. Cannibal Corpse has some recognition.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 08:29:37 AM »
Short simple tip for Vice's  ;b Outrage in 98UM. When you far from your opponent and want to build a little meter. Just do outrage and cancel it by hitting  ;a ;b ;c ;d all at once as soon as it starts. The recovery after you cancel it is good and you STILL get the meter from it, about 10 or 13 percent.

I always pick Vice as the starter of my team in 98Um just cause of this. When im not rushing down or going to die soon. I sit back, Cancel Outrage's for meter to put aside for the next character, do deciders, Poke with standing ;b, AA with St. ;d and or Cr. ;c.

Damn, Krazy Left? I wanted him to edit this so he can show that in 98UM Outrage can be canceled.....Damn Oh wells.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:35:31 AM by biggdaddycane »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »

Damn, Krazy Left? I wanted him to edit this so he can show that in 98UM Outrage can be canceled.....Damn Oh wells.

It's okay, I can add that to Vice's wiki no problem. Thanks for the tip.

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
Sorry to post in an old thread, but it's worth mentioning that her mayhem can be followed up with a well timed normal and an air normal in max mode. Her outrage can create a juggle state after cancelling it out with ABCD, and her ravenous can create a juggle state if you catch the opponent in the air with it on any hit.
Just Don't look in the trunk...