Author Topic: KOF 98UM - Kyo Kusanagi  (Read 12056 times)

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98UM - Kyo Kusanagi
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
 ;dn ;b ;df ;fd ;dn ;a ;df ;fd ;c

Works for me at least

Waifu Material

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:31 AM »
This might be a little off topic but how do you deal with Ralf's  ;up ;a, that flying kick across the screen and his  ;dn ;c?

This one guy in GGPO was trolling me with those 3 moves and I could not do anything about it.

I was using O.Chris/Clark/Iori
Undefeated online KOF player.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 02:10:38 AM »
Better use the general topic to discuss this

Maybe in 2 more weeks I will reach the ikaris thread

Waifu Material

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 12:07:18 AM »
hello folks

the kyo wiki is pretty sparse and some of the combos are pretty basic or just plain bad ( Cl C Qcf DD Qcf BB DP C) where as i'd like to contribute myself i cannot be arsed to do the whole type every move name thing plus i've never done anything like that before

There's not really been many changes to kyo, in terms of combos bar what he gains in Qmax, one other interesting change is that his DP hits twice now where as in normal 98 it only hit once,  so in normal 98 your best (meterless) BNB in the corner was ( up close C, Qcf+DD, Qcf+A Hcb+A Qcb+A) Where this was not the hardest combo to do, it was easy to mess up or miss damage, in 98UM You can still do this combo but it's been replaced with just as damaging and easier to do (up close C, Qcf+DD, Qcf+A, DP+C)
This gives you the exact same damage but is alot easier to do and harder to mess up

Where kyo gains alot of extra combos is with the new Qmax system, he gains a couple of really easy BNB's that dont use supers but also gains some interesting Qmax combos that use super also.

1) Probably the easiest and most damaging without using a super

Up close C, Qcf+C (Qmax) Up close C , Qcf+C Hcb+C F+C.

(Notes)

this is kyos go to combo for me, it's more damaging say down B A Qqcfx2+p, it does roughly around 38% maybe a tiny bit less,  plus you get the bonus of being in max  and keeping your super for the period you max bar runs down
It can be a bit trickey  to get the timing right for the up close C after qmaxing but after a bit of practice it's pretty easy.

This combo works everywhere and almost everybody with the exception of robert ( i've tested it one almost everybody including all the small characters) for some reason the last part wiffs on robert for some reason!?

Corner BNB's with Qmax

Corner Bnb's with Qmax are really for flash only imo, none of them really do as much damage as the very first max combo i listed some of them are a bit tricky, but here goes anyway

1) Up close C, Qcf+DD, Qcf+A (Qmax) Qcf+A, DP+C, slightly less damaging as his mid screen combo i listed first, does more damage than simply doing his orochinagi super in corner, pretty easy to do has no real timing issues

2) Up close C, Qcf+DD, Qcf+A (qmax) Qcf+A Hcb+A Qcb+A, this is a bastard to do i think it does around the same as his mid screen Qmax combo, the main problem with this combo is that you have to do the last part (Qcb+A) as late as possible, easy to mess up does the same as the above combo, not worth the hassle

3) Up close C, Qcf+DD, Qcf+A (qmax) Qcf+A, standing C, for resets only

Combos with Qmax and supers/ or sdms

1) up close C, Qcf+C (Qmax) up close C, QcfX2+p, does about 45%

2) up close C, Qcf+C (Qmax) Down A, qcfx2+p, very hard to get the down A after the Qmax, i cant really give any advice, i prefer just to go standard Qmax BNB, rather than use the super

3) Up close C , qcf+C (qmax) SDM orochinagi, Heavy damage easy to do after a bit of practice, you must not hold the sdm orochinagi otherwise you wont get full damage,  dont work in corner

Combos with corners and Qmax Sdms

1)  Up close C, Qcf+DD (Qmax at the moment the last kick hits) SDM orochinagi (must only hit twice) Qcf+A Hcb+A Qcb+A

(notes) This combo used to work in  normal 98( obviously without Qmax) but you had to be maxed out, i  could never get the SDM orochinagi to hit only twice, but in 98 UM with the aid of Qmax i find this combo is now alot easier to land, when you Qmax the last kick of the QCF+DD it pops them up at the right height for SDM orochinagi to hit twice, landing the rest is easy(ish) if you have trouble getting the QCF+A Hcb+A  Qcb+A to land just do Qcf+A, DP+C, does a tiny bit less damage

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 02:43:04 AM »

the kyo wiki is pretty sparse and some of the combos are pretty basic or just plain bad

Hey bro! I wrote up Kyo's wiki myself, and I'm always down for help (actually, I need it).

Today I just did some editing to his combo section and took away some ones that I felt were really redundant or weren't useful at all.

Reason why I felt to contribute his more basic bnb's is because I feel those are more practical, safe and easy to use in a heated battle.

His more advanced Qmax combos I wanted to add as well, because those have really high damage and aren't too terribly difficult. Plus, anything not using a super and isn't hard to pull off with good damage is good in my book.

If there is anything you would like for me to add to the wiki, (like whatever stuff you posted) just give me the go, and I will add it.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 03:11:28 AM »
Seems like this thread is pretty barren but I love this game enough to post anyway. I just wanted to add a few Kyo combos that aren't up in the wiki, but are definitely optimal for the given situation. cl.C, f.B combos on every character after landing a crossup j.d+C (I confirmed this in training mode), mostly due to the back turned state the opponent is put in, and the fact that the j.d+C pulls Kyo in very close to the opponent. After this you can combo into his hcb.B/D for his most damaging midscreen meterless combo which also leads to a hard knockdown, or do an orochinagi. If going for the highest damage possible in this back turned state, you can do cr.Bx2, cr/st.A, final showdown after the j.d+C. This does about 50% in UM, and about 70% in OG 98, and also works on every character. I got the final showdown combo from Dakou, but I haven't seen any Kyo players do cl.C, f.B combos after a crossup j.d+C so I figured this may be helpful. The cl.C, f.B combos also works on some characters starting with a j.B after a back throw, but I'll have to do some testing to find out for sure which characters it does and doesn't work on.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:20:29 AM by Josh »

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »
It's not essential to combo with forward + B. I don't because he has better easier combos. In 98 UM he has even better stuff he can pull off.
Just Don't look in the trunk...