Author Topic: [China][Shenzhen]Arcade Scene[Info,Pics][56K WARNING]  (Read 4484 times)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
[China][Shenzhen]Arcade Scene[Info,Pics][56K WARNING]
« on: August 29, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
Yeah i m quite bored at work so I m writing this small sum up of the Arcade scene here in Shenzhen,China.

[sorry if i made some grammar mistakes but i m not a native english speaker]
[if you like you can post it on the home page, if you dont well it doesnt matter xD]

The question is: Do you like fighting games? If Tekken,Street Fighter,Soul Calibur;KOF,Real bout,Samura Sen,Blazblue,Daemon Bride,Matrimelee,etc etc appeal to you, Shenzhen is the place to be…if the cabs actually work….
That s the problem here in Shenzhen, eventhough there are so many cabs, you might find youself a bit disappoint about the sticks!! Maybe it’s just me, maybe I m too used to my sanwa at home, but everytime I go to play some games I m so damn scared of finding a stick that doesn’t work properly. It s not about the buttons…sanwa,seimitsu,Chinese knockoff, those are not the problem here. The main problem, in my opinion, is the damn sticks! I really can’t understand how the Chinese can actually pull off crazy combos with those shitty sticks! Everytime I m just amazed just looking at them, If I even try to do some stuff like those  I end up with nothing…but they, oh my god, they just seem not to care they just kill you!

Another problem is the layout (SNK games).
Mickey3
ABC
    D
or
ABC
D  D

CityHero
ABC
D
AC
BDE

KKmall
ABC
D

Unknow arcade
BCD
A

TianKongzhicheng
ABC
D
I mean Shenzhen is just Shenzhen right? I mean the city is just ONE, but NO, the layout changes time to time. Trust me, it’s a pain in the ass to adapt when a Chinese is rushing at you with Iori or Kyo lol.

Despite those problems, I have to say that Shenzhen’s Players are sick in every damn KOF games, whether or not is 97 or 98!  
97,98og,99,2000,2001,2002og/um are the only KOF where you can find competition, for the other games (XI,XIII) we just have casual players.
If you want to play some KOF at high level you just have to go to an arcade, most probably you ll find someone who s gonna kill you so fast that you will ask yourself “What? Already dead?”. It’s like this, no matter what, you go in there, you change your yuans for some coins and then you ll end up with your butt kicked so badly you just want to say…”Oh maybe I’ll be luckier next time”…well next time will be the same!!
Of course I’m kidding, it’s not that every Chinese players are like Dakou or Xiaohai BUT they are impressive. They know every damn hitbox, every damn priority…sometimes I saw a player that in order to kick the other player’s butt just used A or C, there was no way the 2P could touch him! They seem Gods,don’t they? Well let’s say it for real…they are strong, really strong but they are still humans. Despite the fact that they actually know every damn combos/infinites, they are still humans and sometimes they just fucked up…then you punish them as harder as you can…the problem is …. You can kill them once, twice and then what usually happen? The Gods return saying “Now I Kill you”.
Thanks god there are normal players so ,If you are not a god youself , you might have fun playing with them.

And of course…be prepared to be one of the victims of the KOF97 genocide…I just want to warn you, play 97 with a Chinese it’s like facing a killing machine! You know sometimes, you watch a CV and you say “Oh that’s not possible”, well actually everything is possible! I see people doing combos I just dream about. It’s not because of the various Infinites or Bugs, it’s just because they know how to kill you in the fastest way possible. Corner Combos, Counter Combos,Bugs Combos, everything is possible here! Amazing!

What about 98 you might ask? Well is 98! And we all know what the chinese are capable of in this game. But i have to say that eventhough there are lots lots of skilled player, there are a lot of normal players like me too. If you play 97 you might be ended up with your team wiped off,but if you play 98 you might have some chance to actually enjoy the game.

The same goes for 99-2000-2001(apart for the infinites.....)-2002.

XI is pretty much dead, there is no use to play this anymore here in Shenzhen.
XII well now that we have 2 cabs at Mickey3 (if they ever fix those shitty sticks!!!!!) who knows... last time there was quite a few people looking at me playing.
XIII 1.1 no players at all. In february there was so much hype and skilled players in Nanshan, and now? Everything is ...dead. If i go to Kkmall to play some 13, I surely end up to play some scrubs who makes me save money cause I rarely lose!!! I hope someone is gonna show up sometime soon...cause it’s a damn shame. Maybe at Nanshan is better but it’s too far away from where i live...

Shenzhen…if you really love to play, or just watch fighting games, you better come here for a week or two, you will not be disappointed!

Before say to you all BYE BYE, I want to spend my last few words on saying that if you also like shrumps, beatemup and so on, Shenzhen will satisfy you, cause classic games like Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara,and other cps1,2 games are waiting for you.

List of the fighting games at:

MICKEY3>
KOF 97
KOF97 BOOTLEG
KOF 98
KOF 98UM
KOF 99
KOF 2000
KOF 2002
KOF XI (1P buttons don’t work properly)
KOF XII (1P stick has some issues)
KOF MIRA
TEKKEN 6
STREET FIGHTER TS (1P buttons have some issues)
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4
BLAZBLUE
HOKUTO NO KEN
MATRIMELEE (1P stick doesn’t work properly)
REAL BOUT 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN SEN
LOTS OF SHRUMPS and BEATEMUPS

CITY HERO>
KOF 97
KOF 98
KOF 2000
KOF 2001
KOF 2002
KOF 2002UM (1P seems to have some issues)
KOF 2002BOOTLEG
KOFXI (2P seems to have some issues)
STREET FIGHTER 2 CE
STREET FIGHTER 2 X
STREET FIGHTER 4 OG
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4
BLAZBLUE
DAEMON BRIDE
SOUL CALIBUR 3 (or 2 dont remember)
TEKKEN 6

KKMALL>
KOF97
KOF2002UM
KOF XIII 1.1
DAEMON BRIDE
BLAZBLUE
STREET FIGHTER 4 OG
TEKKEN 6
KOF SKYSTAGE
IKAGURA

UNKNOWN ARCADE>
TEKKEN 1
SOUL EDGE
STREET FIGHTER WW
BLAZBLUE
KOF 97
KOF 98
KOF 98UM
KOF 2000
KOF 2002BOOT
STREET FIGHTER 4 OG
TEKKEN 6

TIANKONGZHICHENG>
TEKKEN 6
KOF 97
KOF 98
KOF 2000
KOF 2001
KOF 13
MATRIMELEE
BLAZBLUE
STREET FIGHTER 4 OG
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4

Of course there are many other arcades, other cabs, other locations but I don’t want to spend all my time on talking about how many places Shenzhen has to offer to people who love fighting games!

Let’s finish it with some pics:
Mickey3 Location: DongMen

CityHero Location: DongMen

KKmall Location: Da Jv Yuan

Unknow arcade Location: Hua ChanBei

TianKongzhicheng Location: Nanshan [pics are old, now 13 is hosted in 2 linked cabs][there is one also in Hua ChanBei but 13 is missed there... ]

If you want to know something else,just drop a line.
Hope you all enjoy my write up!  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:42:17 AM by asociale »
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: [China][Shenzhen]Arcade Scene[Info,Pics][56K WARNING]
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »
Oh wow, those Arcades look amazing! I will read it all up later, but loved the pictures!

Great post!

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:06:43 AM »
I will write something also for my girlfriend hometown`s arcade experience... i just have 2 pics for that but i ll tell u what is KOF in a chinese small city :O it`s amazing hehe next topic: [CHINA][JIANGXI][ANFU]What KOF is like in a chinese small city    ;a ;b ;c ;d
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
Nice setups with a huge variety of games seems like a real good scene and makes me wish arcades like that were around everywhere. Also cool that the older KOF games still get played a lot.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Ace London

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
What an amazing arcade!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »