Author Topic: The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread  (Read 45612 times)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 4 FIGHTING GAME developed by Arc System Works confirmed
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 03:31:17 AM »
Anyway, has anyone dissected (or at least theorized) how status affects work in this game?  One of the Kanji matches had the other player get affected with Shocked status, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Well we now have some information on status effects and i'm little skeptical on the effects such as reversing your inputs when confused.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/27/persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arenas-status-changing-special-attacks/
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 04:44:56 AM »
Sorry for back to back posts but no one has posted this yet
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/15/persoan-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena-adds-two-more-guests-from-persona-3/
So what do you think? are you happy with Akihiko and Mitsuru or are you still waiting for your favorite character to be announced?
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
I think it's kind of silly that like half the cast of an alleged P4 fighter is from P3.  They're cool characters and all (would've raged if it was something like the bitchy bow girl, the snotty kid, and the puppy instead of 3 of the 4 good PCs *laughs* ), but just kind of got an "out of place but thrown in because P3 = $$$$" vibe.  I can tolerate Aigis because she's awesome, but instead of Aki and Mitsuru, I would've rather seen the main human villain (no spoilers *laughs* ), since at least he's actually from P4.

If it had been Shinji and Chidorita, I could've accepted it (for the same reasons as Aigis *laughs* ), but there are perfectly good P4 characters not being used.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:30:28 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »
I think it's kind of silly that like half the cast of an alleged P4 fighter is from P3.  They're cool characters and all (would've raged if it was something like the bitchy bow girl, the snotty kid, and the puppy instead of 3 of the 4 good PCs *laughs* ), but just kind of got an "out of place but thrown in because P3 = $$$$" vibe.  I can tolerate Aigis because she's awesome, but instead of Aki and Mitsuru, I would've rather seen the main human villain (no spoilers *laughs* ), since at least he's actually from P4.

If it had been Shinji and Chidorita, I could've accepted it (for the same reasons as Aigis *laughs* ), but there are perfectly good P4 characters not being used.

Well I think they put the 4 in the title for two reasons 1)it takes place in the P4 universe opposed to some weird alternate simension a la Dissidia or Smash Bros. and 2) P4 seems to be the most popular game in the series and Atlus is making a big P4 push with the anime,the remake on Vita some sort of weird play,
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/14/persona-4-the-play-coming-to-japan-in-march/
so to me it really seems like they want people to think P4 more than P3 or any other Persona game because they're almost building up P4 as it's own seperate franchise with all these sideprojects.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 11:46:06 PM »
Persona 3 and 4 have always shared the same universe. But Persona 4 is set one or two years after 3, so, for obvious reasons, it would make no sense for some of the P3 cast to appear.

Also, I'm really happy with Mitsuru and Akihiko's inclusion. Akihiko would be an especially strange omission.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:47:38 PM by Rex Dart »

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
Well what I meant when I said "universe" was that it takes palce more or less after the P4 segment of the overall storyline and I agree with your point that certain characters wouldn't make sense I was just saying that they could have also set it at a different point in time but instead chose to set it shortly after P4 making it thematiclly more of a P4 setting opposed to a general setting where it wouldn't be tied to one particular game in the series.

Edit: New screenshots posted

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/20/mitsuru-and-akihiko-have-an-edge-in-persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:35:40 PM by baccano1932 »

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »
Yo, this game looks awesome and I'm totally in there once it comes out. I don't know anything about Persona as the RPGs don't really appeal to me, but this looks amazing.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
Yo, this game looks awesome and I'm totally in there once it comes out.

Same here, anyways Atlus just uploaded some new stuff to their JP site if anyone could translate any of it I would much appreciate it, http://p-atlus.jp/kouhou/2011/12/01/p4u_5.html#entryMore

Edit: new character information from the location tests http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/04/persona-4-the-ultimate-mayonaka-arena-location-test-notes/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:31:22 AM by baccano1932 »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »
I can't wait for this to come out. P4 was my favorite game of all time. This is now the game I never knew I wanted. As long as it's not the mess BB is, I'll be pumped for this.

Now if they can shoehorn Raidou in it.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 03:04:47 AM »
some new combo samples that are pretty good and show some the things the characters are capable of pulling off. http://andriasang.com/comzcl/persona4_movies/

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
Well no ones posted here in a while so I figured i'd just put this out here first a basic tutorial video showing off some of the game mechanics and such as well as some of the games ranking and customization features.
http://andriasang.com/con00f/p4_arcade_site/

Edit: Some info on the origins of the game and the devlopement.
        Also does anyone else even read this thread or even follow this game anymore?
        http://andriasang.com/con092/p4_arena_interview/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:45:01 PM by baccano1932 »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 04:34:14 AM »
I cannot wait! I'm playing Persona 3 now and will start P4 once I finish it. Too hype!

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »
Yeah the game is all kinds of hype can't believe it hasn't gotten more recoginition from any of the major fighting game sites, but then again it took quite a while for people to care about 13 so hopefully by the time console comes out people will have woken up to it.

Some damn fine match vids.

Also the channel thats been posting a lot of these vids on youtube themidnightarena also has a main site called
mayonakamidnight.com and is a good place to find some info on the game and other people following it if your interested.

I cannot wait! I'm playing Persona 3 now and will start P4 once I finish it. Too hype!

Nice! BTW out of curiosity which version of P3 are you playing?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
The reason they aren't talking is that it's a Japanese only release, what'd you expect?