Author Topic: [CHINA][JIANGXI][ANFU]What KOF is like in a chinese small city  (Read 2536 times)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile

Oh yeah nobody gave a damn about Shenzhen so why i m still daring to write something about KOF in the red land? Well i ‘m pretty bored again sorry guys haha

This time is not about a big city like Shenzhen, this write up is about a small city called Anfu (Jiangxi) where everything is so different from here (SZ)...but hell if they know how to play KOF!

For this article, which won’t be published lol, i just have 2 photos but next month i ll go back there and i will take some other pics and maybe vids!

In this small town called Anfu there won’t be any astrocities or taitos, but just some chinese cabs, so if you are used to the responsive japanese parts well you will have an hard time in these kind of cities.
The cabs... if you take a look at the pic on the bottom of this article you might think they are not that bad, actually those pics are from one of the various arcade that Anfu has to offer. As a matter of fact, despite of the chinese knock off stick/buttons the playing experience is pretty comfortable (yes the LCD cabs have sanwas). The problem is when you go to other arcades lol
I went to two other arcades and well it was like a war zone, pity i don’t have any pic of them cause ...well just read below.
One of the two bad arcades I went, bad cause of the cabs,was located near the one I have the pics of. When you look at it from the outside, you cannot believe that hole is actually an arcade!! There is nothing that point out in there you might find some cabs...but well, it was an arcade....and a big one too!
I spent more or less 2 hours in there and eventhough the first hour there was no one to play with, at maybe 4.30pm so many people came in and... and wait a second I said that the arcade was quite a nightmare, didnt i? Well this is why: the cabs!
There were so many...chinese cabs I was shocked. The problem is not that they where chinese , the problem was that the stick and the buttons where chinese happ knockoff and the layout was:
A C
B D
I spent maybe 1 hour to get used to the sticks and buttons cause the feeling was so different from the sanwa,seimitsu,chinese jp knockoff that I needed to practice so much!
It seems that for the players there those shitty sticks were pretty good since they could pull off most of the combos in each KOF!
But what about the second nightmare arcade i went to? Well this was pure shit from the cabs (chinese jp knockoff) to the games (all bootlegs). I don’t want to spend too much time on talking about this crappy place...just one word “It won’t happen again”.
Let’s go back to the arcade I was talking about some lines above, eventhough the cabs were like that, the level of the players was damn high! Kof 97 and 98 were the main KOF games (then some kof bootlegs) that were played there. So many people came at 4.30pm I was like “Oh god, and now what’s gonna happen??” Of course nothing happened, it was just impressive to see so many players (young and old) gathering in a small place like that just to play KOF! I played a lot with 97 and talked with some players during the matches only to find out that every evening they meet up there to play 97, so you can guess how strong they were. Bugs,infinites,death combo , everything was allowed but if you don’t want to face every damn time some infinte you just have to tell them...they will find another way to kill you! Haha
I stayed just a couple of hours but next time i go there I ll try to record some stuff cause It’s worth it.
Now, let’s talk about the “good cabs” arcade where the level was more or less like the other arcade, maybe the players were less strong in some ways.
The arcade (back then, dunno now) were packed with 97 (og and boot),98,2000,2001,one Samurai Shodown 6 (yes SS6!!) on LCD, and some other fighting games like Street Fighter 4 OG and tekken 6.
Well nothing special to report here, i mean the feeling was just “a big arcade with lots of good players” but the old dirty feeling of the other arcade was completely missed. Anyway I had more fun to play in here than the dirty arcade,just cause of the sticks xD

Well this is what was playing KOF in a small chinese city...can’t wait to go back there!!!
Here the 2 photos of the “good cab” arcade :

SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: [CHINA][JIANGXI][ANFU]What KOF is like in a chinese small city
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
you know whats funny, my friend from hk always disses the one from senzhen as being from a farm or swamp. like senzhens grown a lot from back then but dude still views it like a small place compared to hk (considering hk was a swamp as well, thats funny for me as an outsider to chinese politics).

are chinese from guangzhou always bosslike btw? cause looking at my chinese friends, all chinese seem bitchmade compared to chinese from guangzhou. these mofos crazy in a likable way.

what are your findings there from a nongame standpoint?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 03:44:52 AM »
i ve been to shenzhen,shanghai, hangzhou, jinhua (where i live now), longyou (a city like anfu).
when the chinese see a foreign who plays KOF, they are always curious (once in shenzhen i was playing and some chinese guys were talking and said (in chinese) "oh the foreigners also play KOF Oo" lol) to see what we are made of.
But about shenzhen, my bro already said sth so i won't talk about that.
When i was in longyou, there was just an arcade with chinese cabs (big tv though Oo,chinese sticks and buttons). Ppl were always curious to see the foreigners playing KOF, and sometimes beat the chinese ahah
I dunno about chinese-chinese relationship in games, but in real life lets say that they dont like ppl from guangzhou lol
Ppl from Guangdong  (so not only gz) are seeing like "bad chinese" from a lot of province here in China..
On the other hand, ppl from HK thinks that mainlanders are bad..so..

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
i ve been to shenzhen,shanghai, hangzhou, jinhua (where i live now), longyou (a city like anfu).
when the chinese see a foreign who plays KOF, they are always curious (once in shenzhen i was playing and some chinese guys were talking and said (in chinese) "oh the foreigners also play KOF Oo" lol) to see what we are made of.
But about shenzhen, my bro already said sth so i won't talk about that.
When i was in longyou, there was just an arcade with chinese cabs (big tv though Oo,chinese sticks and buttons). Ppl were always curious to see the foreigners playing KOF, and sometimes beat the chinese ahah
I dunno about chinese-chinese relationship in games, but in real life lets say that they dont like ppl from guangzhou lol
Ppl from Guangdong  (so not only gz) are seeing like "bad chinese" from a lot of province here in China..
On the other hand, ppl from HK thinks that mainlanders are bad..so..

as far as gaming is concerned, the thing being foreign in China is quite interesting...especially with KOF. You dare to play KOF in china (and HK as well)? Well be prepared being watched from the natives xD The more you play, the more people will come to take a look...and if you end up on actually winning some matches, they will start to say something like "omg omg omg"! Kidding, they just look at you like you are not real cause in their mind foreign are just bound to play SF,Tekkken and other games...

about the chinese vs chinese, yeah not so much people like guangdongren (people from guangdong, or guangzhouren (people from guangzhou)), but if you ask people what they think about zhejiangren they will hear something like "they know how to make money! too fishy,etc" I mean like in Italy northers don-t like southerns et viceversa... i mean it`s just the same old story lol
as far as HK is concerned, if they actually look down at the mainlanders why the hell every weekend there are lots of hkies come here? It`s just propaganda... of course some of them think HKs are way superior than Mainlanders but in reality they are all the same...same manners different language (more or less)... so...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:30:06 AM by asociale »
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »
my best friends are for guangzhou and they are like us laz from trabzon in turkey. there might be a lot of people that dont like us, but none of them actually dare to say anything in front of us (we have the pkk terrorists here in turkey, there has never been a terrorist act anywhere near where we laz live, cause gettig caught by the police would the very last of a terorists problems if theyd get caught here).

i liked this similar attitude and culture we share with people from guangzhou. i think people in china know not to fuck with people from guangzhou, cause they will fuck you up. probably the reason they dont like them very much. funny when you look at chinese, cause they all have things that set them appart, like those people are known for making money, those for gambling, guangzhou basically looks down on everybody else cause they dont think anybody of the others is worth shit compared to them. the uberchinese, lol. good people though.

too bad i never had the chance to play kof in china, especially when i was hot shit in the game. i remember my friend from guangzhou back in 2001 talking about how theres this chinese kid who might beat me up, lil kid to boot. come to find out he was talking about xianghou back then.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!