Author Topic: King Of Fighters 94 Original Concept  (Read 5093 times)

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
King Of Fighters 94 Original Concept
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
Last month i bought this guide: THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 Guide by Gamest Mook Vol.2 Shinsei
I gotta say the guide is pretty awesome, every team, every chars, every stages, every story (if u know japanese of course.. i dont ahah),but what I liked most was the part about the making of!
I took some pics for u guys (i dont have a scanner), so you can see Kyo how he was supposed to be, and other difference from the game we all know. And some chars never used :(
Here we go (i watermarked them):

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

^_^
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:28:11 PM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: King Of Fighters 94 Original Concept
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
Wow, quite interesting to see all the rejected and touched up ideas! Ralf and Clark actually kinda look like some of their concept was carried over to the XII-born designs.

Could that woman in the mask with the whip be a prototype design for what'd eventually become Whip? (O.o) And who is the chick in the dress on the page opposite of her?

I kinda like Sie and Chin's designs... Brian Battler looks like a FoTNS reference, which would have made him much cooler than her turned out to be, haha. Syo Kirishima Kyo has always been pretty cool looking, I was glad he had a costume of that in the Maximum Impact series (and was a Striker in 2000.)

So WEIRD stuff going on with those later arts. A graduate-student looking guy? Mecha Heavy D!?

Thanks for sharing, Fiol!

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 04:08:12 PM »
Cool stuff, fiol :)

Could that woman in the mask with the whip be a prototype design for what'd eventually become Whip? (O.o)
I remember reading somewhere that Whip was originally planned to replace Heidern in 96, so maybe that was her original concept.
Old man/bad player

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »
Yep, but she was scrapped because they didn't know how animate a whip

Which is funny since that same year, lenny craston appeared on AOF 3, but it seems that even the workers of SNK didn't give a crap for AOF 3 besides kasumi lololol

Waifu Material