Author Topic: UPDATED12/2: The Elive.Pro archive and discussion thread  (Read 21734 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Re: UPDATED 9/13: The Elive.Pro archive and discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 06:13:37 AM »
Kane, I think this should be added to the first post:

Hopefully this list continues to grow as time goes on.

---

Done -Kane317
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:35:31 AM by Kane317 »

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 06:14:23 AM »
Dune speaks english?

He understands English, and can speak it fairly well.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »
Thanks very much for that Dune (zu-neh) interview, was really cool hearing his impressions and great job on the questions. Also sounds like you guys locked him in for the rest of the updates, awesome.

Cannot wait for the next one  :)

Would it be possible to start off the next one by running him through the Guard Cancel interview questions?
Think that would be a cool touch.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:51:05 AM by BioBooster »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 02:15:27 AM »
I think this is a very thought provoking read, funny he mentions day[9] as well.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »
I think this is a very thought provoking read, funny he mentions day[9] as well.

Yeah, it's a nice read, though I think a bit overly harsh.  Yeah, I think FG commentary needs to be more articulate, but the reason a lot of people tend to enjoy some streams is because of a good hype man.  MvC2 probably doesn't reach the heights it gets without guys like Yipes.  3S doesn't get as much ground without the help of Rockefeller and his commentary and podcasts.  But at the same time, as a community that's now starting to grow, we NEED a guy along with the hype to articulate what's going on the screen at the moment, and it's hard. 

I mean, for Capcom games at the moment, that seems to be Seth Killian just because there's no doubt about what he knows.  He knows what's happening on the screen at all times because he knows the game, seeing it from the beginning.  With some guys like an Ultradavid, he DOES have gaps in his knowledge, and it's expected.  For example, in SSF4:AE alone, there's 39 characters.  That's 780 Matchups you potentially have to learn, and that's hard.  Then there's the nuances of each specific character for any game you have to learn.  Hell, look at the Cross Counter Asia guys, VERY knowledgeable yet, when they were running over the AE12 Patch Changes at got to Gouken, they even admitted that they did not know the character that well.

In order to really be a good, info and play by play commentator, you need to know the ins and outs of your game, if not only for yourself but to viewers who are stopping by for the first time.  A mark of a really good commentator is turning either organized chaos or something as seeming mundane as a fireball war and telling you exactly why and how it's happening.

Personally, I actually want to be a commentator, I figure if I can't get up to the level of play that a game deserves, I can at least do my best to learn everything about the game and inform the masses so they can achieve where others, like myself, would fail.  I'm also a very outspoken guy as I'm sure you've seen, so I do enjoy talking about the craft of FGs when I get the chance, and it's not often.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 05:05:33 AM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/N9hXzB36D7HI

Another Interview with Dune going over the new change list and what it means for us

if you guys get a chance to watch it please rate and vote for our videos as it would help the videos and Dream Cancel get more exposure, thanks gents!
" you fight well in the old style"

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 05:34:23 AM »
Thanks for the cast guys (voted).

Interesting that Dune surmises Claw Iori is quite likely to end up with only a 1-2 frame disadvantage after  ;dn ;db ;bk  ;k guarded by that it is not punishable by a normal. Think it's fine for that chr to end up with a safe move, but hoping there will be a slight disadvantage so that it's not spammed crazily.

He feels that Joe is probably too strong now by virtue of his slide cancelling...to which I can kinda agree (but don't overly mind being a Joe player!). I guess a quip I have about that is his gameplay starts to resemble Hwa's.

Man they really give Terry a poor rating in Japan don't they? (Low damage output, poor meter cost efficiency, punishable prone by death combo, tough for him to break guard, etc.)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 06:36:13 AM »
Thanks for the cast guys (voted).

Interesting that Dune surmises Claw Iori is quite likely to end up with only a 1-2 frame disadvantage after  ;dn ;db ;bk  ;k guarded by that it is not punishable by a normal. Think it's fine for that chr to end up with a safe move, but hoping there will be a slight disadvantage so that it's not spammed crazily.

He feels that Joe is probably too strong now by virtue of his slide cancelling...to which I can kinda agree (but don't overly mind being a Joe player!). I guess a quip I have about that is his gameplay starts to resemble Hwa's.

Man they really give Terry a poor rating in Japan don't they? (Low damage output, poor meter cost efficiency, punishable prone by death combo, tough for him to break guard, etc.)

Thanks for voting BioBooster,
Yeah I have to agree I saw Joe having sooooo many options which is good and all, but the like Dune said, Terry can get shutdown too easy. The thing that makes Joe's buffs so significant is that it improves his game play, where as Terry's buffs only slightly improves his combo abilities

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »
Yeah think it is nearly a first with XIII to have Joe be stronger than Terry (although don't know that it was intended with arcarde).

Also, I agree with Kane317 that Ryo's weak dp didn't exactly feel slow.

Looks like everyone's gameplay is going to be even more defined on console which is great. I think they are doing a great job in blatantly making not only lesser played characaters, but lesser used moves more appealing - excellent... We'll actually get to see supers like Chour-reppadan and Haoh-Shokoken more frequently.

Dune thought it is better to be careful with Haoh-Shokoken buffs as those new to KOF may get shutout by not being able to deal with it. Meh, I say just block it. Super fireballs needed buffs, bc EX fireballs were generally too strong (fast/erase other fbs) making super fbs much less useful - in my opinion, I think they should all get damage buffs too.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:03 AM »
Thanks for the vote Bio.  Dune definitely has some good insights and he's quite perceptive.  Check out both interviews if you haven't already.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 04:55:38 AM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/gMYCgYkWr4tp

Nocturnal and I go through some of the classic SNK commercials from the 90's, with some help from the professor of MadMan's Cafe. We finish about 30min in then somehow get thrown into a joystick discussion.

Thumb up and rate us if you guys dig it.

---
Fixed double post -Kane317

http://www.elive.pro/watch/bYsAv1CG7RbF

I interview that one guy, metaphysics. he's kind of cool.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:45:01 AM by Kane317 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »
i think it's worth watching :
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/ZCfOCNXc3b5t
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/gMYCgYkWr4tp

Nocturnal and I go through some of the classic SNK commercials from the 90's, with some help from the professor of MadMan's Cafe. We finish about 30min in then somehow get thrown into a joystick discussion.

Thumb up and rate us if you guys dig it.

---
Fixed double post -Kane317

http://www.elive.pro/watch/bYsAv1CG7RbF

I interview that one guy, metaphysics. he's kind of cool.

Some really cool casts, thanks for these!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATED10/27: The Elive.Pro archive and discussion thread
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »
I added the ON Show #22 to the first page as well.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATED10/27: The Elive.Pro archive and discussion thread
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/MZWVgiGmFwSE Dune interview part 3 in case you guys didn't see it