Author Topic: Summer Jam 5 - Philadelphia, PA - August 27-28  (Read 6119 times)

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Summer Jam 5 - Philadelphia, PA - August 27-28
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:04 AM »
Summer Jam 5
August 27th-28th

4101A Island Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA 19153

What's up guys. I'm trying to get the ball rolling for organizing something for Summer Jam. Mainly two things:

1) I'm looking to run Garou: MotW as a side tournament.
2) Get some fellow SNK heads together for some casuals throughout the weekend.

As far as the MotW tournament, I'm still working out the details; I'll update this post as things come together.

When: Saturday evening (tentatively ~7pm, whenever Tekken finishes up)
How much: $5
Version: Neo Geo (PS2 to Neo adapters will be available)
Format: Double Elimination, 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games
     Winner's Final, Loser's Final, and Grand Final will be 3/5 games

As far as the PS2 converters, I've got two sets. Assuming the common button layout of this (S=square, T = Triangle):

S T R1
X O R2

The converters are set for either one of these configurations:

A C _     or     B C D
B D _             A _ _

If anyone needs a different config, let me know. So who's interested in entering?

Other than that, I'd certainly like to get people together for some casuals whether in one of the tournament rooms or in a hotel room after hours. Since I'll have the superguns with me, I can bring my MVS copies of OG KOF 98 & 2002, Last Blade 1 & 2, and Real Bout 2. Anything you guys would want to play really.

So who's coming to Summer Jam, and would be interested in either things above?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:49:52 PM by jt4mtb »
--JT

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Jam 5 - Philadelphia, PA - August 27-28
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
I'll probably show up if my job gives me the weekend off(long shot but I hope they do). You know I'll be in the Garou tournament and I would really love to get back into playing Last Blade 2. I forgot how much I loved that game.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
I'm planning on coming down as transportation for the local AH3 scene again.  Won't have to leave early this time either, since I can actually ask for the days off from work when I've got more than 5 days' notice *laughs* .  I'm not fit to enter a Garou tournament at all, but I'd definitely be interested in casual Garou and OG 2002.  I'll probably bring my PS2 as well (hoping that the hotel room TV can work with it like at ECT, though preferably without the lag *laughs* ), which can work for OG 2002 or 2002 UM.
Old man/bad player

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:53:48 PM »
First post updated with more details. Summer Jam will be here in ONE WEEK!

Alright, cool. Hope we can get a little something more going this time unlike ECT. As far as the tv in the hotel room, I believe you can hook up consoles to them, but I don't remember if they're laggy at all.

--JT

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »
I'll be around Saturday most likely; my only ps2 stick is a ghetto mayflash, and I've barely played Garou but... dying horribly in Garou probably isn't as horrible as dying horribly in other games :)

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
That's the spirit!  :) You guys will probably make me look free in any other game outside Garou, but we'll have a great time bashing each other's faces in.
--JT

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Bashing faces is a great way to pass time *laughs* .  And actually, seeing as I'm not playing in any official tournaments on saturday, kinda thinking I might enter the Garou tournament even though I'm pretty trash at that game. 

First post updated with more details. Summer Jam will be here in ONE WEEK!

Alright, cool. Hope we can get a little something more going this time unlike ECT. As far as the tv in the hotel room, I believe you can hook up consoles to them, but I don't remember if they're laggy at all.
Hotel room default TVs are probably laggy LCDs, but they're better than nothing if I can't find something better to hook up my console to.  Of course, that might not even be an issue, depending on how many people are interested in SNK stuff to begin with.

Anyway, in case people want to find me there, I'll be wearing the deadly rave input dream cancel shirt on saturday.  Hoping I get my Predictabo! shirt in time to have it for sunday.
Old man/bad player

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »
Summer Jam is upon us tomorrow! Everyone traveling have a safe trip. I should have a setup running around noon or so in one of the rooms; I'll likely have my Dream Cancel vintage buttons shirt on if you're trying to find me.

For everyone else who won't be at Summer Jam, the MotW tournament I'm getting streamed on GVN barring any technical difficulties:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gaming-vision-network
--JT

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
I wish I could make it, but I don't have enough money to go anywhere.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »
Summer Jam is upon us tomorrow! Everyone traveling have a safe trip. I should have a setup running around noon or so in one of the rooms; I'll likely have my Dream Cancel vintage buttons shirt on if you're trying to find me.

For everyone else who won't be at Summer Jam, the MotW tournament I'm getting streamed on GVN barring any technical difficulties:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gaming-vision-network

Cool i'll be tuning into the stream when i can, good stuff. Sucks Im in Philly and dont have the money to go. :(

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 04:50:04 AM »
Ummmm, the event is being held in Philly.....unless you live so far away from the venue that is. And sorry for the late news from me, but I couldn't make it. Sucks hard but I was just informed a few minutes ago that my job is not opening and it's too late for me to head down there to join in the festivities.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Ummmm, the event is being held in Philly.....unless you live so far away from the venue that is. And sorry for the late news from me, but I couldn't make it. Sucks hard but I was just informed a few minutes ago that my job is not opening and it's too late for me to head down there to join in the festivities.

Its far, its almost right next to the Airport in South Philly cost a grip to get down there, pay to enter in the tourneys I want to play in, food and etc.. and I dont even got a nickel right now, broke. Im a little far up North Philly
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:30:41 PM by biggdaddycane »

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 02:39:02 AM »
Results are up! http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1221.0

Lots of fun was had. Thanks to all the players that weathered the storm to come out and play. Thanks to Hubbs for streaming and recording the tournament. My apologies to anyone who tried watching the stream around 7pm when this was originally scheduled. There was a streaming issue at the event that popped up around that time, and all secondary streams were instructed to shut down. With player agreement, we delayed the tournament to later that evening; unfortunately, I wasn't able to get on here and update the thread. Everything was recorded though; see the results thread for the links.

Hope to see everyone at NEC in December!

Omega: It was good to see you again. Thanks for playing Garou, and sorry we didn't get to play much of anything else (again). Next time we meet up, I'll try getting some other games going so you can smack me around :). Hope you enjoyed the event.

It's cool man. Besides, by the time things got underway here the storm was coming down pretty fierce. I wouldn't want you to risk getting into an accident trying to get here. There'll be other opportunities to get together and play.  ;)
--JT

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 07:23:39 AM »
Results are up! http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1221.0

Lots of fun was had. Thanks to all the players that weathered the storm to come out and play. Thanks to Hubbs for streaming and recording the tournament. My apologies to anyone who tried watching the stream around 7pm when this was originally scheduled. There was a streaming issue at the event that popped up around that time, and all secondary streams were instructed to shut down. With player agreement, we delayed the tournament to later that evening; unfortunately, I wasn't able to get on here and update the thread. Everything was recorded though; see the results thread for the links.

Hope to see everyone at NEC in December!

Omega: It was good to see you again. Thanks for playing Garou, and sorry we didn't get to play much of anything else (again). Next time we meet up, I'll try getting some other games going so you can smack me around :). Hope you enjoyed the event.

It's cool man. Besides, by the time things got underway here the storm was coming down pretty fierce. I wouldn't want you to risk getting into an accident trying to get here. There'll be other opportunities to get together and play.  ;)

Wish I could of been there. I'm practicing up on my Garou, still bad imo. Hopefully we can meet up some day.  Prayfully i can have some money to save up for NEC and we can meet up then. Lol it sux being in philly but not have the expenses for this tourneys.

Good Job with the tourney JT

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:17 AM »
'Twas cool seeing you again, too.  Already said some of this in the results thread, but I had a great time (and, frankly, I take most excuses I can get for some American food...better taste, bigger portions, and lower price compared to Canada, plus since I'm originally from the US, it's what I grew up with *laughs* ).  I'm as much to blame for not having other SNK games as anyone else...I probably should've gotten my PS2 out of the car and set up 2002UM on Sunday, but I was having fun mashing in VF5 and doing casuals in AH3, so it kind of fell by the wayside.  Not sure if I'll be able to smack you around all that much (you're much better in Garou than I am in KOF), but hey, I'll give it my best try :)
Old man/bad player