Author Topic: More SNK-themed sights and sounds  (Read 3120 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
More SNK-themed sights and sounds
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:23:07 AM »
This is probably something for down the line, but maybe some optional backgrounds of popular SNK stages, and some popular music tracks could make this site even more of a pleasure to visit for a new/old SNK fan. I've collected lots of both if contributions are needed.

Just imagine a SS, KOFXIII or Garou background with Geese ni Katakori, Tears, or Tame a Badboy (XIII Kim Team theme) playing; not only good for keeping members here, but probably good SNKp promotion as well.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: More SNK-themed sights and sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:47:54 AM »
The backgrounds could be a good idea

The music, I don't know, most of time while I'm on internet I'm listening to music, and when a website has music, most of the time could be more annoying than a pleasure, a better idea could be put somewhere a playlist with KOF music, but I don't know, I think that the effort for this one isn't neccesary

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
I know the colors were used so it would be easier to read the boards (using Kula's palette colors)... It would be kinda cool though to get optional palette colors like Ash (red/lime/green/black), Geese (red/white/black/yellow), or some other character's palette that's not to stressful for the reader (kinda like how TekkenZaibatsu has different character themes for their site)...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »
Didn't mean to bump, but I'm using this to stay consistent and to avoid having multiple threads asking for the same request.

Since we have a new layout, is it possible to have different themes other than the K' and Kyo themes? I understand the need to ensure readability with the web font and some browsers can mess certain websites up, so having a black/white and white/black layout is good to start with. I know we have Blue Mary fans, some Maxima fans, and some fans of other SNK characters like Heavy D! and Mudman. I'm wondering if this option is in the works in the future, and if so, what is the process of making these themes?

Also, is it possible to give the user the option to customize their own theme w/o messing anything within the site perhaps? Thanks in advance.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »
SMF does not allow users to create the own themes. In order to create a theme, you have to get into the PHP files that make up the site. I'll keep the themes idea in mind after the forum software update, which I dread doing.