Author Topic: KOF 98UM - EX Ryuji Yamazaki  (Read 6214 times)

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
KOF 98UM - EX Ryuji Yamazaki
« on: October 11, 2011, 02:05:42 AM »

Buttons
 ;a Light Punch
 ;b Light Kick
 ;c Strong Punch
 ;d Strong Kick

Throws
Choke Hold: ;bk or ;fd + ;c (close)
Whackdown Wallop: ;bk or ;fd + ;d (close)

Command Normals
Eviscerator (Overhead): ;fd+ ;a

Special Moves
Serpent Slash (Upper): ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a
Serpent Slash (Mid): ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b
Serpent Slash (Lower): ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;c
Big Serpent Slash (For All): Hold the pose until he chatters three times, then once he chatters the third time release and he will do ALL THREE slashes from lower to upper.
Serpent Slash Cancel: ;d , During the Serpent Slash pose.
Sadomazo: ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b or ;d
Double Return: ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a or ;c , ( ;a version will break projectiles, ;c version he will absorb the energy of the the projectile and it gets stored. Then when the input is repeated( ;dn ;df ;fd  ;c) he will fire a projectile back.)
Judgement Dagger: ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;a or ;c , If you whiff the first slash he does not go for the second.
Fight of Tempering: ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;b
Flying Dragon Kick: ;dn ;dn+ ;b , while opponent is knocked down on the ground.

Desperation Moves
Guillotine: ;dn ;df ;fd x2 + ;a or ;c
Drill: ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x2 + ;a or ;c , Near Opponent, Also tap ;a or ;c repeatedly for more hits.
Drill Lv.5: In Max Tap ;a+ ;b+ ;c repeatedly during Drill

----------------------------------------
I'll update another time with more information, if anybody got any experience or info to share with him feel free to let us know.  :)
----------------------------------------
People to thank for some of the Info: : NecronomiCron,
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:10:44 PM by desmond_kof »

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98UM - EX Ryuji Yamazaki
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
On the double return, EX Yamazaki doesn't send a projectile back automatically for the  ;c version. Instead it gets stored and when the input is repeated( ;dn ;df ;fd  ;c) the projectile will be fired.

His ;dn ;dn ;b is not really that good either it has waaaaaaaaay too much recovery. Only use it to finish the opponent off, or when you know they are dizzy.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:57:59 PM by necronomiCRON »
Just Don't look in the trunk...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »
Sorry for the very beginner-ish question, but what's the timing for the level 5 Drill? Do you have to mash to level 4 beforehand? And then press all three buttons during the scream? I have trouble keeping it straight.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
On the double return, EX Yamazaki doesn't send a projectile back automatically for the  ;c version. Instead it gets stored and when the input is repeated( ;dn ;df ;fd  ;c) the projectile will be fired.

His ;dn ;dn ;b is not really that good either it has waaaaaaaaay too much recovery. Only use it to finish the opponent off, or when you know they are dizzy.

Ok cool thx!, Necro, I'll Update it. I forgot to mention the recovery on the dragon kick from when he laughs for a moment after you do it.

Sorry for the very beginner-ish question, but what's the timing for the level 5 Drill? Do you have to mash to level 4 beforehand? And then press all three buttons during the scream? I have trouble keeping it straight.

Hmmm no worries, I too was never really able to pull this off for some reason. Im a OG98 Yamazaki player :(. Later on when I have time I'll try to experiment with the Drill Lv.5 and see what I can come up with, If im unsuccessful hopefully Necro or somebody else can feel us in on this.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
I can't describe how much I fucking hate when my opponent does a  ;dn ;dn ;b, nothing get so much on my nerves than that

Waifu Material

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:37 PM »
I can't describe how much I fucking hate when my opponent does a  ;dn ;dn ;b, nothing get so much on my nerves than that

Lol yeah the move is quite fucking disrespectful lol.

Ok, I got it.

As Soon as you execute the  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x 2 + ;a immediately tap  ;a+ ;b+ ;c repeatedly (Which i forgot to add).

He will momentarily take his other hand out of his pocket. Thats when you know you got it! Then he'll pick you up with his original hand thats always out his pocket and slam you up and down continuously. Then finishes off like a normal drill.

Note : I found if I was off timing once taping ;a+ ;b+ ;c. He does not do it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:54:43 PM by biggdaddycane »

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
That may work for you, but usually hitting anything other than ABC at the right moment will send you back to level 1.

You can start charging up as soon as the super activates.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »
That may work for you, but usually hitting anything other than ABC at the right moment will send you back to level 1.

You can start charging up as soon as the super activates.

Oh Ok!, and yup immediately once it activates. Make sure to Hit the buttons on point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:26:03 PM by biggdaddycane »