Author Topic: KOF '96 PSN  (Read 9450 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
KOF '96 PSN
« on: October 13, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »
PSN ID: fatacon

So who here is playing the game? Granted it's not very technical compared to the other games in the series, but the game is fun to play and netcode is decently playable. GG's to the Professor and Zobek_Belmont despite the lag. I'll try to upload some replays later today.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF '96 PSN
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
I have the game, want to try and play it today.

My PSN ID is on my signature. lol

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »
96 is fun, it brings me back to memory lane and makes me nostalgia so hard. The netcode is great, and the controls have stayed bad, lol. If anyone wants to play me, hit me up in the toolbar chat if you see me. I don't have a mic for PSN, so we can use https://voxli.com/ if you want or skype.

PSN: DesmonDelaghetto
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »
PSN ID: fatacon

So who here is playing the game? Granted it's not very technical compared to the other games in the series, but the game is fun to play and netcode is decently playable. GG's to the Professor and Zobek_Belmont despite the lag. I'll try to upload some replays later today.

Used to play this one loads i dont agree about the part it not being technical, defiantly need godlike execution to be decent, but if your talking about general strategy i'd partially agree, But then it's a game thats 15 years old, still has mix ups and whatever, you just really dont get to see it that much because it's easier to do the retarded stuff Ie pick chin iori clark

But yeah it's a shit game haha but still it's decentish if your playing with the right people, you can see some really odd interesting things dare i say even have fun!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:38:42 PM »
GGs to DarKaoZ! I'm starting to think my connection just sucks lol :(

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »

Yeah! GGs! There were some good stuff there. lol

Also not to say your connection sucks, but there were times I notice you going from yellow bars to red and that is when the lag spikes happened. Funny thing though, when I first entered your room you were green, so I thought we wouldn't get any problems but then the character select started and there was a small lag. But ones we played it didn't feel that bad, but as I said, sometimes the lag spikes happened. Anyways, are you playing wireless or wired? That can be a huge factor in lag.

But yeah it's a shit game haha but still it's decentish if your playing with the right people, you can see some really odd interesting things dare i say even have fun!

I think my matches with Fatacon where full of those. lol
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:45:37 PM by DarKaoZ »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
I'll pick this up for nostalgia-factor if nothing else, though I won't have much time to play it in the next few days aside from maybe sunday morning.  Should be cool stuff, even though I'll probably end up playing it as if it's 98 since I can't remember real 96 stuff.  Time to dust off that Krauser/Geese/Leona, I guess *laughs* .

PS: omegaryuji
Old man/bad player

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
Yeah! GGs! There were some good stuff there. lol

Also not to say your connection sucks, but there were times I notice you going from yellow bars to red and that is when the lag spikes happened. Funny thing though, when I first entered your room you were green, so I thought we wouldn't get any problems but then the character select started and there was a small lag. But ones we played it didn't feel that bad, but as I said, sometimes the lag spikes happened. Anyways, are you playing wireless or wired? That can be a huge factor in lag.

Yeah, I saw the same. When you first connected I was hella hyped cause your connection was green. But then, as soon as we were at the character select screen, it went to yellow/red at times. So far the only one I've fully had a green connection with was nilcam. Yeah I have it hooked up wired. Normally, I have it wireless, but whenever a fighting game is involved, it's guaranteed that I hook it up.

Also, I might as well ask now, but does anyone mind if I upload our matches to YouTube? I'll gladly post them here. There are just too many lolmoments to ignore ;)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
Yeah, I saw the same. When you first connected I was hella hyped cause your connection was green. But then, as soon as we were at the character select screen, it went to yellow/red at times. So far the only one I've fully had a green connection with was nilcam. Yeah I have it hooked up wired. Normally, I have it wireless, but whenever a fighting game is involved, it's guaranteed that I hook it up.

Also, I might as well ask now, but does anyone mind if I upload our matches to YouTube? I'll gladly post them here. There are just too many lolmoments to ignore ;)

I thought so, sucks our connections started messing up. I don't have anything downloading on my Laptop, but if we fight next time I will turn the wifi of my Laptop off, just in case.

Anyways, about the uploading the matches, go for it, I don't mind it. As you said, there are plenty of LOL moments. Sucks that in the last match, it looked like I rage quit. lol

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »
Shit I'll play.  I've played like 100-200 matches in the last two days.  Hit up my PSN at Senior_LULZ

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 03:11:14 AM »
I think we should make a PSN Chatroom for all KOF games. I only have Fatacon from here in my list, so I will add him and if he has more then he can add them. That way if you want to play, just join the chatroom and see who is in there and wants to play.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 08:15:57 AM »
Kane317-AI

Game feels so foreign compared to XIII lol but much better than '95.

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »
Shit I'll play.  I've played like 100-200 matches in the last two days.  Hit up my PSN at Senior_LULZ

LOL I remember you and your Yakuza (Shun Akiyama?) avatar.
Undefeated online KOF player.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »
GGs to Homies Over Shotos!

DarKaoZ feel free to make that psn chatroom thingy or whatever for we can link up easier.

If anyone wants to play me, find me in the toolbar chat.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 01:52:18 AM »
DarKaoZ feel free to make that psn chatroom thingy or whatever for we can link up easier.

Yeah, I already did it and Fatacon will try to add more people. Since you must have the person on your friend list to be able to invite them to the Chatroom.