Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Kyo -1  (Read 12109 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: KOF 2002UM - Kyo -1
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
Kyo 1 is considered low tier in a sense cos he doesnt have an proper AA, nor does he have good far pokes. Yes he has decent damage off a simple combo (assuming you are adding his DM) but getting in to do the combo is the hard part.

Other characters in the game just have better defensive tools.

Most people  I've played against that use him either j. D, j. CD or attempt to get behind the opponent and combo at that point... As far as getting in, well it is hard, but possible... I personally think he's better than Shingo...

krazykone123

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 05:09:28 AM »
I personally think he's better than Shingo...

Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested in hearing this.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 06:10:10 AM »
Nah, Shingo got some mind games. Up close command grabs and insta guard breaks.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
I personally think he's better than Shingo...

Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested in hearing this.

Don't get me wrong, I love Shingo and I know just based on numbers, he's better... I just prefer Kyo-1 over Shingo in terms of style, per sé... I know about Shingo's command grab and what not, but Kyo-1 seems easier to both do and use imo... Plus Shingo isn't the "critical kid" that he was in OG98... I probably should have reworded the first post I made...

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
He doesnt need that "critical" attribute in 2k2um as he has more then enough tools. Plus the system itself accommodates for the changes.

Im sure if you ever played against very aggressive players that know their characters, you would find it hard to dictate the game. Trying to dictate the game with Kyo-1 is already a struggle, especially when you dont have meter and cant guard roll out of corner from pressure.

Characters like Kasumi are even easier to use and generally she is considered  an "auto pilot" character, but we dont want to get style mixed up with user friendliness.

All things considered he does have harder BC combos, not considered a good battery character, weak Anti air and air to air game.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 01:50:41 AM »
Crazy though, i'm always on verge of hating him/ loving him, wanting to drop him/ keep him. But i think he's making me become a better player because i am forced to act aggressive to survive with him.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 05:37:17 AM »
Man, i thought i was playing good with him until i met RealKim's Kyo-1 last night. SOMETHING SERIOUS!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
I'm still working with Kyo-1... I'm on my OTG kick, so when I can get that ;db + ;b , st. ;b , ;dp + ;d , on KD, I make sure I hit that ;df ;c for that extra hit...

Speaking of ;dp moves, his ;dp + ;b is way better than I thought... Same goes for his ;dn ;c . I thought it was underrated til recently...

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »
His dp+B move is AN EXCELLENT anti air. A lot of people doesn't know about this. It comes out instantly and NEVER trades. It is super effective against those characters who have very high priority jumps such as Kasumi's, Chris(both normal and Orochi versions) , Nameless, Chang and whatever. This move must be ABUSED as it is one of the best underated anti airs moves in the game.

Another anti air is his weird Down C , if you do it early enough against hoppers , you will win most of the time.But your best bet is your dp+B move as it is still the BEST anti air.

Against certain characters who pokes a lot  , for instance like Beni's Far B and Far C , Ralf's Far C or basically any character's attack that pokes upwards , you can just simply counter that with his Crouching D. ;)  Kyo's 1 crouching D  is super fast making it one of the best sweeps in the game.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 06:23:21 PM »
Also special Cancellable on 1st hit I think? So yeah, it's pretty good.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk