Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362142 times)

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2011, 10:31:28 PM »
i've got a question...

since the new change for k''s ex fireball starts slow and gets progressively faster as it goes, does that mean that a player can do an ex fireball and use blackout to setup an unblockable from the other side?

of course the opponent could roll or jump to get away ( and it cost a meter ), but i'm just wondering if thats the case.

I don't think it works that way, K' can be punish during Blackout so I don't think it will be very useful outside of a wake up situation or even then.

i already explained that this is very impractical in my post, what i was wondering was if it would set up a tricky mix-up or even an unblockable if it was timed well.

(was really interested in figuring this out too)
Hmm... doesn't appear possible at all from this vid given the time you can start moving and the steadily increasing speed. Doesn't look like blackout would catchup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGNbDsRlAw&#t=4m1s
and again at 1:07:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGNbDsRlAw&#t=1h7m12s
Goes right into narrow spike from minute spike, fast but not even close.

Still looks fine in terms of running after it to create pressure.

yeah well it's still seems like it will be an interesting change.

thanks for the clip to show it.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2011, 11:11:03 PM »
Let's move the GOTY talk over to the Social Club.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 09, 2011, 12:26:17 AM »
Ok now i'm definitely going to pre-order at Futurezone in Holland. I know from previous experiences that they sell fighting games earlier than the actual release date but the 18th is too sweet, that means 10 days to go!

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 09, 2011, 12:51:44 AM »
I hereby declare Xxenace and Saitsuofleaves the King and Queen of off topic posts! I'll let you sort it out between the 2 of you which one is which.

Anyhow, that gametrailers preview was nice. The small mention they made of the netplay sounds promising.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2011, 12:55:31 AM »
I hereby declare Xxenace and Saitsuofleaves the King and Queen of off topic posts! I'll let you sort it out between the 2 of you which one is which.

Anyhow, that gametrailers preview was nice. The small mention they made of the netplay sounds promising.

Meh, this time it wasn't completely on purpose.

Besides, there's not much going on, and I don't trust their Netplay review just because crap changes during a launch.  We won't be truly sure until then.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2011, 12:58:51 AM »
Well, the game will be released the same day that I had my last exam, so that 's a point on favor

I still want to see what kind of things you can make with color edit, at least to see if you can make some reetooling of some chars

Also, still want to know if the tutorial combos will be practical or not

Waifu Material

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2011, 12:59:04 AM »
KOF XIII won't have the option to spectate within rooms or out of them (anyone) because players connect to each other directly, and when one opens a space in which to play another player, it isn't created with that player's connection, but within a server, and that server will only be useful for that, after that, the connection is exclusively pvp between the two. Those that have followed the emulators scene since 2005 onwards know what I'm referring to.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »
Well, the game will be released the same day that I had my last exam, so that 's a point on favor

I still want to see what kind of things you can make with color edit, at least to see if you can make some reetooling of some chars

Also, still want to know if the tutorial combos will be practical or not

All I know is, my third team will be Team Ace Attorney thanks to Color Edit.

Elizabeth Franziska Von Karma/Miles Edgeworth Kyo/and of course, Phoenix Wright Shen.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Greenwood

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 09, 2011, 01:56:56 AM »
Frionel presented the changes of the Art of Fighting team on elive :
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/9BhFUGWIChFW

As usual, it's in French, but feel free to ask me if you want to understand something, even though it's easy to understand with the video.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 09, 2011, 02:42:55 AM »
Ok now i'm definitely going to pre-order at Futurezone in Holland. I know from previous experiences that they sell fighting games earlier than the actual release date but the 18th is too sweet, that means 10 days to go!

18/11/11? That's serious? Oh man, this week is packed so time should flow and then i can just count the days! Do you think this is real?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 09, 2011, 03:05:37 AM »
i've got a question...

since the new change for k''s ex fireball starts slow and gets progressively faster as it goes, does that mean that a player can do an ex fireball and use blackout to setup an unblockable from the other side?

of course the opponent could roll or jump to get away ( and it cost a meter ), but i'm just wondering if thats the case.

I don't think it works that way, K' can be punish during Blackout so I don't think it will be very useful outside of a wake up situation or even then.

i already explained that this is very impractical in my post, what i was wondering was if it would set up a tricky mix-up or even an unblockable if it was timed well.

Hmm... doesn't appear possible at all from this vid given the time you can start moving and the steadily increasing speed. Doesn't look like blackout would catchup.

'Tis a pleasure ;)

Your theory fighting is stronger than mine, cool that you picked up on that possibility.

Will be cool to mix in the EX from time to time I think. Will get back to you if I can conjure up any other applications as I think SNKP had something specific in mind with that change.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 09, 2011, 03:14:42 AM »

18/11/11? That's serious? Oh man, this week is packed so time should flow and then i can just count the days! Do you think this is real?

Considering their usual releases i think it's quite realistic. Their website says 18-11-11 but i left a message on their fb just in case. Still i'm pretty sure that this date is correct, i mean SF4 and other FG were shipped a week prior to the release date so anything's possible.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2011, 03:30:44 AM »
i've got a question...

'Tis a pleasure ;)

Your theory fighting is stronger than mine, cool that you picked up on that possibility.

Will be cool to mix in the EX from time to time I think. Will get back to you if I can conjure up any other applications as I think SNKP had something specific in mind with that change.

yeah that'd pretty nice, of course if i figure something out i'll do the same.

Considering their usual releases i think it's quite realistic. Their website says 18-11-11 but i left a message on their fb just in case. Still i'm pretty sure that this date is correct, i mean SF4 and other FG were shipped a week prior to the release date so anything's possible.

if you get it early make sure to fill us in :)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:07:27 AM by darkTown2 »
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Neoprime

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:06 AM »
Does anyone know if this will have custom soundtracks?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 09, 2011, 04:16:05 AM »
Damn, they don't seem to ship very far.. So that was that unless there is a way to get them to ship outside the three listed countries.