Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 364846 times)

FlyMike

• New Challenger
  • Meatball Sub
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1365 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »
Can anyone confirm if the Scratch Iori overhead wakeup glitch is still in console version?
Pimp hand, give me strength...

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1366 on: November 20, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »

i think Kane said it wasn't in console.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 20, 2011, 09:40:44 PM »
Wow is the game really that different when it comes to the timing of moves.

Cool.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:13:25 PM by shinefist »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 20, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
STA is open and the ranbats begin in an hour! Don't miss it at IPW!

FlyMike

• New Challenger
  • Meatball Sub
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1369 on: November 20, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »

One step at a time...don't want to overload those developer minds with too much common sense.

Haha I know right? As this fg resurgence is still going strong, it should be the braindead standard for any upcoming fg from now on.

That's a relief for Claw players. There's already going to be too many people hopping(back) on the Flame bandwagon as is.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:21:21 PM by FlyMike »
Pimp hand, give me strength...

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 20, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »

That's a relief for Claw players. Already going to be too many people hopping on the Flame bandwagon as is.

yeah i'm not exactly sure which iori i will pick but i'm leaning towards claw since i'll have access to him first.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 21, 2011, 12:38:08 AM »
  Word of advice to all those players who did not play the game in the arcades, spend some time in practice mode because this game handles a bit different than any KOF you played before.

Like most of you i did not get a change to play the game in the arcades, and i have played every single entry of the KOF games before also like most of you i spend the days before i got the game playing 02UM and now im playing XIII, i played for a few hours yesterday and i gotta tell you fellas at first i was not able to get anything to come out, me being a vet in this game i thought that maybe there was something wrong either with me or the game but it was simply the flow of the game is quite different than other KOFs ive played before, by the end of my time with the game i was able to get things to come out much better and i know that the more i play and the more used to the system i get things will get better.

So for those of you who have played KOF before but have not played XIII at all give yourself sometime to get used to the flow of the game, as it has its own rhythm. see you guys online.

This is great advice. I felt the exact same way. I got the game yesterday morning and had the same issue (plus, I have a new ps3 pad wich is still realllly stiff, I tried one at my friend's and I could perform the cancels without problems, but with my pad, can´t do shit yet).
One thing that is also different and takes time to adjust to is that the short hop travels more than in previos games. If you are close to a crouching opponent and you perform a hop you will end up in the other side. Also, in order to combo when falling from a Jump, you have to really do it at the last time, otherwise it won´t combo.
This is extrematelly important cause as we all know, short hops are one of the key elements of KOF. This means that in this game can´t just presure some by staying close to him and doing short hops, you need to control the space more. It is actually better but it takes time to get used to.

Just to point out something that Musolini said. If you can indeed pull off the hard combos in KOF98 and 2k2, it should be no problem doing the ones in this game. To me, the games feels just a little bit more strict than KOFXI. And if you guys played XI, one of the things it was praised for was that it was easier to do the heavy combos in that game compared to the previous entries.
Yes, it was easier. Since I have been playing that until recently (always on team vs, no tag bullshit for me) it is kinda hard to adjust but just takes time.

All I'm gonna say is this game is full of details. I was watching some of the characters anymations and it is remarkable. Also it is amazing all the work they put to the voices. I won with Iori againts Kyo and he said with anger Sono mama Shine, Kyo!!!. The game is full of stuff like that. This time, they have really delivered and amazing product.
Also, as it was previously mentioned, the instruction manual comes in full colour, and has some nice SD/chibbi images of some characters.
Oh, and Billy looks awesome, his stance is kinda still but the rest of the animations that he has are awesome (like when he walks forward, for example).

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 21, 2011, 04:12:10 AM »
Ok guys, I already Finished story mode, actually, it was worth it from the ending, since is something that doesn't appear on the arcade

Major Spoilers

[spoiler]Shion Lance appears in front of shroom and the other girl making clear that this story will continue[/spoiler]

In order to get the 100% you must clear the 5 potential routes that the game offers

Sky Noah

a) The Tournament
b) Inside the Stadium

Aircraft Trautman

a) The Tournament
b) Inside the Stadium
c) Outside the Stadium

Just to be sure, Also finish the KOF team route with any team

Waifu Material

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 21, 2011, 04:17:19 AM »
a question (a little off topic). i m going to get a ps3 and kof13 (both of them hk vers (i m in china)). my wifi key has 7 numbers, it will a problem for the ps3?

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 21, 2011, 04:42:48 AM »
a question (a little off topic). i m going to get a ps3 and kof13 (both of them hk vers (i m in china)). my wifi key has 7 numbers, it will a problem for the ps3?

The password for your wifi will not be the problem, but playing online using Wifi will be. Direct internet plug-in is better than wifi for fighters and if you are plugged in, you don't need to use the password.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 21, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »
My wifi router's password has 53 characters (including letters and numbers, yeah, i'm kinda paranoid) and i don't have any problems with the online in my PS3.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 21, 2011, 04:48:53 AM »
thx for the infos dudes

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 21, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
My wifi router's password has 53 characters (including letters and numbers, yeah, i'm kinda paranoid) and i don't have any problems with the online in my PS3.
damn, 53 characters to make sure your neighbours dont use your wireless. out of curiosity, how many characters is your DC password.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 21, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
how do you remember all that shit?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 21, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
how do you remember all that shit?

He doesn't, I bet he has it written down somewhere. lol