Author Topic: Battle Fantasia  (Read 10577 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Battle Fantasia
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:21:01 AM »
I actually thought there was a thread for this, but I guess not... Anyway, this is the solid game that inspired Ono to make SF4 go 2.5D... Crappy netcode aside, this is one of those games that make me say there was no "fighting game drought" at all... On top of that, it was heavily balanced from the arcade version...

Well, what has been your experience with this awesome game???

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Fantasia
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:59:22 AM »
I want to buy it, is at 20 dollars used in a store here

tried the loader, didn't run well

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:05:40 AM »
Isn't there a PSN version of this game? I was tempted to download it from there, but there's something (i don't know what it is) about this game that doesn't attract me.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
I actually played it for about a month or so about a year and a half ago on PSN and I thought it was a pretty good game it's just that like literally no one i knew, or anyone my friends knew played it and like you pointed out the netcode is terrible and I rarely was able to find people online and I also remember that the PS3 version came out in NA long after the 360 version which really killed it in some ways for a lot of people, anyways I really liked the cast and would like to see a sequel to it but given the general lack of interest in it that probably won't happen
Isn't there a PSN version of this game? I was tempted to download it from there, but there's something (i don't know what it is) about this game that doesn't attract me.

If i remember correctly in NA on PS3 it only came out on PSN with no retail release.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:12:55 AM by baccano1932 »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 06:15:57 AM »
I play the game, haven't played it online for a while. But I only use Olide, love her mix-up game she has. I wouldn't mind playing against someone on PSN.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
I still play that game its really good freed and face are really unique....... i never played online cause no one plays on the psn lol

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
One thing I like about this game is the fact that though it does have your typical archetypes, they still have things about them that make them different sorta. Sure, there were some "shotos", but both Marco, and Urs still don't cry out Ken and Ryu as much as any other shoto-esque character from any other fighter, especially considering what they can do in Heat Mode. Marco's mixups and combos become even more unique with a dragon assist, and Urs gets beefed up, and his projectiles don't even work they way they would normally.

DonValve is one of the best grappler concepts I've seen next to Satsuki (MB), Kanai (ABK), Goh (VF5) and Juzoh (LB2). He can zone pretty well (that damn st.C), but has the tools to suck you in and get command thrown. But he's balanced though, especially with the fact that he can't dash forward, and though he has combos, many are situational, 2-3 hits and the stronger ones require his super; but he doesn't need combos to win, of course. Come to think of it, you don't really need to use crazy combos in order to win at all... It puts the focus moreso on skill, but if you desire the crazy combos, you gotta work for it...

Not only that, the console version pretty much as been balanced enough that any character can win, regardless of matchups or whatever... People used to say that Watson had trouble against Deathbringer, but I don't see that being the case anymore. Every character has some good set of mixups and combo capability that can put them in the lead.

It's been said before that this is 3S with a dash of GGXX, and its very true. This game is definitely heavily yomi based because of the Gatchi system (parry). Once you get that down, you'll see how greatly rewarded you are, from stronger combos, certain chains are available, some chains that couldn't combo can combo now, and certain moves get property changes. It differs from 3S in that while some combos are available from a successful gatchi, there are some gatchi-specific combos that vary depending on if the parry is low or high.

The training mode is great, too... Really good imo... Throw some frame data in there, and it's golden...

I will say, the more and more I play this, the more I start to feel that Ono took more than just the 2.5D concept when he worked on SF4...

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
lol we actually have a small amount of people who play the game here in Cleveland. It's such a great game. I wish Arc System Works would make a true sequel to this game instead of constantly putting out BlazBlue games which only get worse and worse with each version. I like Ashley.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 11:09:51 AM »
I just recently started playing again with my friend Pigg. Really fun game. They actually made a good parry system is both high reward but also risky to use.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:13:27 AM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

• New Challenger
  • HELLFIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
well im down to play on either PS3 or X360. Darkaoz since when did u have this game? this is PiGG. Also, I play under original(arcade), not consumer. :/

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
well im down to play on either PS3 or X360. Darkaoz since when did u have this game? this is PiGG. Also, I play under original(arcade), not consumer. :/

For a long time, I bought it on PSN after a week it got released IIRC.  Don't you remember we played it on PSN? You used the Rabbit and I used the Zombie Girl. But it was a bit laggy when we played it, after that we didn't played it again.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 07:51:47 PM »

Damn you and your Coyori  :) j/k... Nah we gotta get matches in though... You can't take friend req's anymore b/c its full man... You're one outta few cats who put up good fights in whatever game I'm playing, VF included...

I picked up DonValve... Hopefully he does justice whenever we fight again... Hit me up whenever...

• New Challenger
  • HELLFIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 07:08:29 AM »
u got aim? hit me up on there pignuttz24. i also dont mind playing some samurai shodown sen, im hella rusty at that game tho. u use  to be on my friends list before but i think u took me off  :(

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:55 PM »
u got aim? hit me up on there pignuttz24. i also dont mind playing some samurai shodown sen, im hella rusty at that game tho. u use  to be on my friends list before but i think u took me off  :(

I got aim, but I have to dig in my mainframe for my login stuff.. Nah I didn't take you off my list. I rarely take ppl off unless they're getting a new acct, or they straight up ditch their 360 and xbla for whatever reason...

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:42 AM »
I want to play this game again. Who has it still on 360?