Poll

If you were attending a tournament that featured KOFXIII, which system would you prefer to play on?

PS3
32 (54.2%)
Xbox 360
17 (28.8%)
Don't care!
3 (5.1%)
Ask me again after the console release
7 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: November 09, 2011, 07:48:25 PM

Author Topic: KOFXIII console tournament standard  (Read 13938 times)

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII console tournament standard
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
Is the input lag issue on SF/Marvel on PS3 compared to 360 something that is across the board, or unique to Capcom games?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51638829.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51702282.html

Basically
All games have at least 4 frames of input lag to begin with.

SF4: 1-2 frames less input lag on 360
Marvel 3: 0-1 frames less input lag on 360
Tekken 6: 0-1 frames less input lag on PS3
Virtua Fighter 5: negligible difference between consoles

so yeah, more of a Capcom issue. Would be interesting to have numbers for other games like KoF 12 or Blazblue.

Debatable how big a deal this is and other factors like TVs are way more of a problem for input lag anyway.
So it's fair to say "PS3's are better for fighters" is a myth so far performance wise. Hopefully there will be no differences for KOF13 so it won't matter either way, not that it does anyway going from what ppl say.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
I own both, but i'd say PS3

If the game ever gets updated, or alot of DLC content gets released, that might be an issue on the 360.
The 360 is required to be online at all times to use the latest updates or DLC on a game. This really annoys me because whenever my local community holds a Blazblue tournament, we have to play CS1 since they can't be bothered to hook up every 360 to the internet.

The PS3 can use any downloadable content from any account in the system at all times.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »
I own both, but i'd say PS3

If the game ever gets updated, or alot of DLC content gets released, that might be an issue on the 360.
The 360 is required to be online at all times to use the latest updates or DLC on a game. This really annoys me because whenever my local community holds a Blazblue tournament, we have to play CS1 since they can't be bothered to hook up every 360 to the internet.

The PS3 can use any downloadable content from any account in the system at all times.

yeah but there is a small problem with this sense once you game share like 5 times ( i think it's 2 now) in order to do it again you have to delete the account on that system.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 02:00:52 AM »
But even then
Lets say there is a free update for KOF, 1.2 or whatever you want to call it.

In the PS3, once you download it, you can just play it, online or not.
In the 360, you must be online to use it. Even if the update is free.

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:30 AM »
But even then

Didn't know that. So say there is a patch for SF4 you will have to be online to continue playing the game with the patch applied at a tournament?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:15 AM »
But even then

Didn't know that. So say there is a patch for SF4 you will have to be online to continue playing the game with the patch applied at a tournament?

i basically have giga's same question except i don't think this is how it works for AE and that is a game that had an update.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 04:19:14 AM »
I don't know where people came with that thing

You can't play an update offline if you are not using the original profile where you downloaded the game, after that, it becames part of the console

The other condition is if you use the hard drive on other console

Waifu Material

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »
i think he was thinking of PC since i tried looking it up, and i know that you get sent back to vanilla sf4 if you aren't online.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
I don't know where people came with that thing

You can't play an update offline if you are not using the original profile where you downloaded the game, after that, it becames part of the console

The other condition is if you use the hard drive on other console

I forgot about that fact, I am sorry.

It's because all of my friends and I don't use the xbox we originally had, we pretty much had to recover our gamertags in new xboxes since they broke down. So yeah, we need to be online in order to use some updates... for Blazblue at least this is true.
With AE it actually works for some reason.

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »

It's because all of my friends and I don't use the xbox we originally had, we pretty much had to recover our gamertags in new xboxes since they broke down. So yeah, we need to be online in order to use some updates... for Blazblue at least this is true.

All you have to do is go to your download history, re-download the files in your history and you can play all of them offline again.

Buying 360 since that is the console I have an arcade stick for, but PS3 standard should be the one for tournaments.  Works better for arcade stick players and pad players.

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »

All you have to do is go to your download history, re-download the files in your history and you can play all of them offline again.

Buying 360 since that is the console I have an arcade stick for, but PS3 standard should be the one for tournaments.  Works better for arcade stick players and pad players.

I had to go do this http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home
when I swapped xboxes to play offline.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »
I had to go do this http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home
when I swapped xboxes to play offline.

O yea, forgot about that step.  Do that first and then download your contents back.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
Unless there's a big difference between the two different versions of the game, this isn't for us to decide. Unless people from DC are running the KOF event at majors we really have don't have a voice. TOs are going to do whatever is convenient for them to run the tournament. And that's how it should be if it follows the current scene. AE and MvC3 get run on both 360 and PS3 while Tekken has obvious flaws on the 360  version so it's run on PS3 only. If both versions of KOF13 are comparable then it should be run on whichever system the TO chose to use for their particular major.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:09:56 PM by Demoninja »