Author Topic: (98 UM) Heavy D!  (Read 7450 times)

Shishioh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
(98 UM) Heavy D!
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:42:29 AM »

Throws:
Stomach Buster:   ;bk/ ;fd +  ;c (close)
Reverse Stomach Buster:   ;bk/ ;fd +  ;d (close)

Command Moves:
Rock Crush:  ;fd +  ;a
 * hits overhead

Special Moves:
Ducking Combination:  ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;a/ ;c (up to 2 times)
 * A version hits mid then overhead, while the C version hits mid then low
Dancing Beat: (close)  ;fd ;dn ;df +  ;a/ ;c
Soul Flower:  ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;b/ ;d
RDS:  ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;a/ ;c
Blast Upper:  ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;b/ ;d
Shadow:  ;dn,  ;dn +  ;a/ ;c
 * adds a bonus move after his Ducking Combination, an extra punch after one  ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;a/ ;c,
    a third punch after two   ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;a/ ;c's,
    or a Blast Upper if you do two  ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;a/ ;c's then     ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;a/ ;c
 * adds an extra move after Blast Upper ( ;fd ;dn ;df +  ;b/ ;d), RDS, Dancing Beat, and Soul Flower

Desperation Move:
D. Crazy:  ;dn ;db ;bk,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;a/ ;c
D. Magnum:  ;dn ;df ;fd,  ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;a/ ;c (push down to hold)
D. Shadow:  ;dn ;df ;fd,  ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;b/ ;d

I'll get into B&B's and strategy when I get more time but this is cut and pasted from Orochinagi's D! thread:

I really hate the fact that D! loses his charged specials due to glitchy circumstances....such as doing a special motion while in block stun for it not to come out and you still lose the charge.

BUT! I do like the fact that he has 4 moves that are invincible and can really fuck with people's timing. Ranbu super(a version) is SO FAST and INVINCIBLE! This is how fast and invincible: Kaiser Wave from Rugal at midscreen distance, you do the ranbu super, D!'s fist hits Rugal's hand through the wave. Normally, with most moves of this type, i.e. Joe or Mature, you get hit after the initial blow. D just keeps going.

QCB.P  is totally invincible on startup too and can really screw with jump-ins and hyper hops. The invinc frames last long enough to go through pratically any conventional fireball. And when properly spaced, it's virtually unpunishable(cept maybe Krauser) if you choose to not do either ender or do the low ender.

QCB.K is invincible...but everyone knew that. But what most don't know is that the powered version has less recovery. Still pretty bad though! LOL!

And finally...QCF QCF .P SDM version...This move is so strange...seems like it's invincible to physical attacks but fireballs just smack the shit out of you...You can punish CD counters on reaction with it but when your other super is so godlike, why even try? I gotta test this thing some more...

Edit: Forgot to mention his link combo of c.B to c.C...not much but nice to know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a rough start but...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:18:58 AM by desmond_kof »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: (98 UM) Heavy D!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
sometime ago i posted a tutorial for Heavy d on utube:

1st part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJsCPSL2bFY
2nd part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvOYBM7dT3M
3rd part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPt3xDFIgU

it's in japanese.

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »
Anyone know of any of his differences from his original 98 version?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:53:20 AM »
These are the only changes I know/heard of:

* ;qcf ;a / ;c will knock opponent away if connected.
* ;qcf ;b / ;d is safer, possibly to use more (someone know the frame data for that?)
* ;qcb ;b / ;d has increased invincibility, and more lag.
* ;qcf ;qcf ;b / ;d is a new move. It's kinda like his ;dn ;dn ;a / ;c move but better...

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »
These are the only changes I know/heard of:

* ;qcf ;a / ;c will knock opponent away if connected.
* ;qcf ;b / ;d is safer, possibly to use more (someone know the frame data for that?)
* ;qcb ;b / ;d has increased invincibility, and more lag.
* ;qcf ;qcf ;b / ;d is a new move. It's kinda like his ;dn ;dn ;a / ;c move but better...

Yea His ;qcf ;qcf ;b / ;d his new DM, is like the ;dn ;dn ;a / ;c which was just a single special move on OG 98. Its the special move which Modify's your other special moves to have a much Greater Effect/Damage.

When you activate the Regular ;dn ;dn ;a / ;c It only last after one Special move.
When you activate the New DM Version, the ;qcf ;qcf ;b / ;d It has a time limit which you can keep doing the advance special moves until that time limit expires.

I heard in the 98 Final Edition it last until the end of the round or until you get KO'ed if IRC.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:40:49 PM by biggdaddycane »

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
I don't know why nobody lists this, but after his  ;dn  ;dn  ;a or  ;c or  ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b or  ;d you can follow up his ducking combination with a  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a or  ;c. Ducking combination isn't really his greatest move, but if you choose to use it this is a safer follow up than the original follow up for his  ;dn ;db ;bk  ;a.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
Hey fellas, I started work on his wiki:

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heavy_D!_%2898UM%29

It's a rough start, but if anyone has any extra information to share or who would like any of their information shared here on the wiki, let me know and post it here!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
You still have to time ;fd ;a just right to get it to link from light attacks... If you're off a hair of a second, it comes out as a slow normal version and not the linked version... I'm not sure what the frame window is for that to actually link, but from my experience, its not something you can link anytime you want like Athena's ;c ;fd ;b link... I've also noticed depending on what light attack you do can change the timing needed for ;fd ;a to link... I'm not sure if this is the same in regular 98, but I'll check since XBL version can play both UM and OG 98... I've tried doing these combos and noticed the timing varied:

;dn ;b x3, ;dn ;a , ;fd ;a , ;qcf ;c

;dn ;b x3, ;dn ;a , ;a , ;fd ;a , ;qcf ;c

;dn ;a , ;a , ;dn ;b , ;b , ;fd ;a , ;qcf ;c

;dn ;b x3, ;a , ;fd ;a , ;qcf ;c

Some of these strings had the same timing, whereas a few had to be input slightly faster... I'm not sure what exactly changes the timing needed (frames, distance, etc)... On these I've tried lazy input/buffering, and hit confirm, and again the timing on hit confirm varies, as in some occassions I could link ;a to ;fd ;a slightly after the move hits without getting the slow version... The only link that worked by lazy buffering was the "standard" ;c , ;fd ;a link (maybe ;d worked too I can't remember)...

Normally, I find myself dodging projectiles trying to get in without really getting a good chance to do block strings unless I'm following up after a knockdown situation. Generally speaking, what are some good block strings to use that can possibly allow a good chance of guard breaking or should my focus still be on mixups more than guard breaking??? Also, what's normally the best option after a CH ;uf ;c ;d ??? His ;qcf ;qcf ;a / ;c super seems too slow, and I want an option that can be done without meter...

On a sidenote, I'm still loving how he can cancel a jab into his super, I believe regardless of the range, as long as it hits you should be able to cancel it...

I'll do some testing tonight and see what other things I can find and share the knowledge...

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »
The blast upper and rolling soul driver automatically follow up after the second ;dn ;db ;bk ;a or ;c when he is powered up. As for block strings ;dn ;b x2 ;dn ;d (which is great because it can cancel). When you know the opponent is blocking you can hit with a blocked ;dn ;b ;dn ;c it may not seem effective, but it is, because it is a potential frame trap. Learn to mix it up as well. For instance, if you hit with a ;dn ;b x2 don't always follow up with a ;dn ;d, try something like dashing in and doing a ;fd ;df ;fd ;a or ;c. They can't block it, and the powered up version juggles them, also you can  ;a + ;b + ;c mid-special and juggle with his  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a or ;c SDM, or any other special.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 04:27:35 PM »
Damn good information shared, thanks Jinx and Necro. Y'all know any of his good or bad match ups?

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 03:45:13 AM »
Damn good information shared, thanks Jinx and Necro. Y'all know any of his good or bad match ups?

Np. Just to correct myself, the alternative follow up, I mentioned, for his shadowed  ;dn ;db ;bk  ;a/ ;c isn't a qcf, it follows up with an uppercut if you don't input the second qcb  ;a/ ;c.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 11:27:03 PM »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
I was Lmao the first time I watched 2:25 in the First Video.