Author Topic: The Everything Mario Thread  (Read 20138 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: The Everything Mario Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »
That's for you to decide. ;)

Just joking though.

My problem is that it never really hits its stride. I always think there's a perfect length to every game to develop its ideas and this one just doesn't quite let all of its creative ideas blossom. And not to mention, there's only one challenge stage which is hard as balls and that's it.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
So, with the release of Mario Party 9 coming around the corner, I got a question:

Is anyone familiar with that "Mario Party ruins friendships" joke? If so, can you explain to me what that's all about?

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2012, 05:58:49 AM »
I started playing Asshole Mario a couple weeks ago. Somehow I have yet to throw my computer out the window.
PSN: jasemac

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
I started playing Asshole Mario a couple weeks ago. Somehow I have yet to throw my computer out the window.

When I read this, I went to Youtube.

What I saw was both funny and painful to watch.

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 01:07:35 AM »
Yea man that game is crazy. Without save states it would be impossible! I find it fun, though in a hilariously masochistic way.
PSN: jasemac

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:41 AM »
Masochistic indeed! The only reason anyone would want to play that is because they like pain!

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 04:36:10 AM »
So, with the release of Mario Party 9 coming around the corner, I got a question:

Is anyone familiar with that "Mario Party ruins friendships" joke? If so, can you explain to me what that's all about?
i know this is an old post, but it has to do with how random and luck based the game is. its what makes it a great party game since everyone can win regardless of how good they are at video games. when a group of competetive people are playing and they arent keeping in mind its just mario party... all hell breaks loose. everyones getting riled up at some point or another cuz they got cheesed or someone did them dirty. people start targeting each other regardless of whether they were winning just to get revenge, which causes even more problems. people get real cutthroat towards each other. for some, this kind of play is what makes the game all the more fun. for others unfortunately, things remain personal even after the game is over...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 03:41:51 AM »

i know this is an old post, but it has to do with how random and luck based the game is. its what makes it a great party game since everyone can win regardless of how good they are at video games. when a group of competetive people are playing and they arent keeping in mind its just mario party... all hell breaks loose. everyones getting riled up at some point or another cuz they got cheesed or someone did them dirty. people start targeting each other regardless of whether they were winning just to get revenge, which causes even more problems. people get real cutthroat towards each other. for some, this kind of play is what makes the game all the more fun. for others unfortunately, things remain personal even after the game is over...

Oh, I see. That makes sense.

Thanks for answering the question. I probably would've asked it again if no one had answered it.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
-Sees new video by Persona

-Expects KOF XIII

-Gets Super Mario 3D World instead

-Is not disappointed

Super Mario 3D World: world 1 100% walkthrough (4 players) PART 1/2

kessy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2016, 05:04:54 PM »
Hey guys, do you play "Cat Mario"? or Cat Ninja? what you think about this games, you like it?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:39:30 AM by kessy »