Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 353816 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:I cant think of a good title name editon
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 12:08:52 AM »
Besides, if anything, now you're mentally prepared to go to Subway.  Buy all the subs you can eat.

Now for another topic...anyone else have that feeling that Maximillian will just end up being the new SKill in the sense that he helps out the community, then gets hired by Capcom and effectively goes to the dark side?
what did s kill do before capcom?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 12:19:21 AM »
Besides, if anything, now you're mentally prepared to go to Subway.  Buy all the subs you can eat.

Now for another topic...anyone else have that feeling that Maximillian will just end up being the new SKill in the sense that he helps out the community, then gets hired by Capcom and effectively goes to the dark side?

SRK articles and blogs, also a Tourney Organizer and competitor if I believe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 12:24:26 AM »

SRK articles and blogs, also a Tourney Organizer and competitor if I believe.
ive always wondered if he really enjoys his job at capcom must be really annoying to have to sit and calm down a bunch of angry fans especially during the whole megaman legends 3 cancellation stuff a few months back

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »
Idk.  He gets to have a lot of hands on time with games before they come out which I assume is nice, but he also has to truck everywhere and crap.  If you noticed during Ultimate Norcal vs. Capcom 2, he left early because he was that dead tired due to work.

On top of that, he can't be as truthful as he would normally.  Like he tries, but he can't slam something Capcom's doing even if it's bad for obvious reasons.

He's also the one that's out there the most so he has to take the brunt of the complaints and hell people will tend to give Capcom.  He's probably thankful for Max doing his thing because now SKill didn't have to do as much character explanation after reveals.

Such is the life of a PR guy.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »
A though job no doubt.

Ït reminded me the case of Falcoon, who i think started as a fan artist, then hired by SNKP and for some time was the face of SNKP, everybody started to hate him, and now everybody is asking what happened to him.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
I smell scapegoat-ism (lol I made up a word)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »
Yeah, it always helps to have a scapegoat if you're a company (though Activision with all their hate...for some reason doesn't really have one).

Unfortunately for SKill...he seems to be that guy.  Guys, imagine if we were SKill and had to say only nice things about SFxT.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 02:36:45 AM »
I like me a good Meatball Marinara... with pepperoni and parmesan cheese on it.

...Sorry Xxenace, is this tempting you? I'll stop now.

I'm still a Chicken and Bacon Ranch man, nice and toasted, with cheese, Mayo and Ranch dressing, Lettuce and Tomato...so creamy and good.

Damn straight!!! This with spinach leaves, green peppers, and avocado (if the friggin' stores have it in stock). No mayo or tomato though, ranch dressing is all ya need!!!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »
I like me a good Meatball Marinara... with pepperoni and parmesan cheese on it.

...Sorry Xxenace, is this tempting you? I'll stop now.

I'm still a Chicken and Bacon Ranch man, nice and toasted, with cheese, Mayo and Ranch dressing, Lettuce and Tomato...so creamy and good.

Damn straight!!! This with spinach leaves, green peppers, and avocado (if the friggin' stores have it in stock). No mayo or tomato though, ranch dressing is all ya need!!!

I was gonna say to stop tempting Xxenace, but he has to have eaten by now

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:00:36 AM »
Honestly, I don't even taste the mayo that much since the Ranch tends to override it, but it does make for a creamier product.

And while I do like peppers, I tend to eat Subway at school since there's one inside and when there's too many disjointed things inside a sandwich, it's a pain in the ass to eat and clean up.  It's why I don't do meatball subs there either.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 03:09:05 AM »
man this is gonna be like the 3rd midnight release ive been to this month

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 03:15:37 AM »
I don't do midnight releases until Summer when I have time and my sleep cycle changes to allow more night/morning gaming runs.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:56 AM »
I don't do midnight releases until Summer when I have time and my sleep cycle changes to allow more night/morning gaming runs.
i do them when ever i can just so i wont have to do it later just hope im not at the ass end of the line this time shit was fucking horrible at the release for skyrim and mw3

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 03:53:28 AM »
Well when I do midnight releases, I do them at this shop we got about 20 minutes out from my house.  Real chill, it's decently sized (gamestop in my city is in a mall, you know how that shit goes down), and they let you rent and the dudes who work there are real chill and ACTUALLY KNOW SHIT ABOUT GAMES.

Good memory was when I was there for the MW2 Midnight Release (that's the only CoD Midnight Release I've done) and for everyone who was there, if you bought the normal edition, they gave you the Hardened Edition free which was extremely nice (if I remember correctly, they overstocked on them so that's why).  Unfortunately I ended up leaving my MW2 at my half-brother's house which was like hours away and I had no ride, didn't get it back until like 6 months later.  So I avoided most of the BS in that game :D.

But yeah, they're real chill there, and I wish I could work up there.  They do lines up there too, but they let you up there early depending on the game and let you play the game in question until midnight.  They also do a Madden Tourney every year and the winner walks out with a free copy, and then discounts down the line for the other finishers.

But yeah, unfortunately since I have no car, I have to wake up THREE hours earlier to catch the bus, transfer to another one to get to the mall, get my UMvC3 copy among other things, wait an hour for the bus to come back and then wait another hour for my class to start.

The Alternative is to take the bus at the same time but instead of waiting for the bus afterwards I would WALK to the mall which is like...30-40 minutes walking, and half of it is on a freaking main road with no sidewalk.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 04:08:17 AM »
guess i should be lucky i have a car then and luckily the people at my gamestop are badass