Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362032 times)

K1LL1NGZ0NE

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1515 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
Anyway, another solid score for XIII via the Japanese magazine Famitsu, it gave 8, 9, 8, 9 (total 34/40).
(claps hands) very nice, if everyone else keeps this up, IGN's score will look like the unreliable ugly duckling in the group of good scores.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 22, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
I don't give two shits about what IGN has to say after the 3 they gave to God Hand (the best goddamn action game ever made).

You reminded me that awful review, according to wikipedia, the reviewer didn't even finish the 1st stage of the game or something like that.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
I don't know why people care about reviews, these sites only play the game at the really basic level, watch any gameplay videos for example a quick look video from Giantbomb about UMVC3 and they have barely any knowledge of the game, cant do a simple ABC combo.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 22, 2011, 11:58:27 AM »
Nice on the Famitsu scores. Is there a link to them explaining the scoring?

Was just hoping IGN would not be like IGN on this ocassion.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 22, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »
The reason why reviews are important is because a lot of people will trust a gaming review to decide on whether they'll give a game a chance or not. If XIII keeps getting good reviews then it'll spark interest and get more people wanting to buy.

K1LL1NGZ0NE

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 22, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
unfortunately, the reviewers don't really have to get acquainted with the games before they review. I really doubt they actually play the really niche jrpgs/srpg enough for the best opinion. Besides IGN is always looking to make early reviews or quick reviews for the sake of hits.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 22, 2011, 12:08:24 PM »
Yup, it happened to me a couple of times, when i don't know a game exist or i don't care about it, until i read some reviews or watch some videos.
It happened to me with BioShock and Red Dead Redemption, to name a few, and now they are some of my favourite games i ever played.

Now if the non-KOF players or casuals see IGN review they might say "i pass".

I agree reviews are not everything, but they help a bit.

K1LL1NGZ0NE

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:02 PM »

Reviews can be good, even for exposure, like for a lesser know game or one you're not sure about. All I care about is this. If the reviewer says something good, justify it. if he says something bad, justify it!
If your going to give it a bad grade at least properly explain why. I also don't want an asskissing fest because that sort destroys the reliability of the reviewer.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 22, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
And this concludes the chapter of the pre-console XIII era guys, thanks for playing!

To a new beginning.