Author Topic: King Of Fighters Comics  (Read 16177 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: King Of Fighters Comics
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »
Personally It all in the taste. DC and Marvel comics can be thought of in the same way at times. If you don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. I was happy to buy KOF 2003 and SVC. 2 good comics.

wow, thats the perfect example if i ever saw one. these chinese comics, marvel and dc comics are soo fucking terrible they make the most generic shounen manga seem like a quality work. terrible mangas like bleach, as shit as they are, feels like the greatest masterpiece ever made compared to mahvel, dc and china comics. if theres something i cant stand, its a generic shounen. but these 3 examples, bakaboy, you the best. cant understand how i never saw the link between the shittyness before, thanx for opening my eyes.

p.s. most of the characters in any of these comics loook the same, the skills in artstyle, storytelling, fight choreographics and general characters designs are really fucking bad in these comics. so bad the us and china should work together to create the worst comic ever in existence in the universe ever.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
So what do you consider a good comic then Musolini if you don't like anything?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 07:01:26 PM »
when it comes to us or chinese comics, basically nothing. i enjoyed those old AVP comics from darhorse and that about it as far as us comics go (did read some less serious shit like gen 13, witchblade & darkness for as long as they remained decent/fun, also remember liking golddigger as a child, but none of these are really great and the good ones only remained good for so long. i dont think good chinese comics even exist, i know only one and that was called CAT or CATS (main chick is a lil bit like cammy and style and choreography seem like hiroaki samura aka blde of the immrtal artist.

compare this to mangas where there are literally dozens of great mangas and even more good ones. great ones like blade of the immortal, akira, slamdunk, vagabondfirst half of berserk and many more titles i cant remember cause i dont even like mangas in general anymore, meaning theres more i left out. saddest part is the difference in quality betweeen these and ch/us comics is huge. its like comparing godfather to something like icarly on nick.

also i love kof, kof, ss, ds, sf & ff are filled with potential greatness if turned into something readable or into an animation, but it has to be handled with care. even boti on of the best mangas ever made had an anime that sucked balls. same applies to kof comics. i can only imagine how good it could have been if the person making it was great himself.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:08:58 PM by MUSOLINI »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
I actually read those AVP (Alien vs Predator) comics in the day, they've aged terribly. I really dig seeing fat Robert and how he looks even more like Steven Segal, which (trivia) was the model for Robert and Geese.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 06:30:32 PM »
thats the problem actually, they aged terribly. a true quality work like some of those mangas ive mentioned, beautiful to this day.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995