Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319227 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1215 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:17 AM »
I ragequit only when it's laggy. I don't care if I'm winning or losing but I will ragequit because of lag. The way I see it; I play to get better. And if I'm not gaining anything from the experience then what's the point?

I was like that w/ the xbox 180 really bad lag. Nowadays I try to finish the match and politely leave. Don't blame you though. I hate having my time wasted by lag fighters.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 04, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
According to pingtest.net, my ping is pretty stable, usually between 20 and 24ms. I did a speed test before and after we played and got a lower speed rating than the last few sessions. I am on cable and I am baffled by the results to say the least. When it's good, it's really good; when it's bad, it's awful.

Sorry for late response needed to get near a computer. Although pingtest does look at some of the stuff you need to know the true test is how you ping with a player. I don't know if you have a way to look how you and a player ping out but I always used old snk games on the 360. FFS, SS2, KOf98UM, and (2002UM used to) have it. Most of the time if your lag is not stable it has to do with your ping between players. If you move in game under 20 m/s it's usually good. Example if you are at 100m/s and you move around to 120m/s and below you're fine. However any more movement and the match gets erratic cause it keeps reseting parameters so much.

My ping in Auora got 40m/s and 6m/s jitter, Nixa Missouri I got 56m/s and a 9m/s jitter. Chicago (which is farthest) I got 16m/s and 1m/s jitter. but I bet if I get with another person that jitter is going to be a lot more cause pinging a server is different then pinging another 360 or computer.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 04, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
According to pingtest.net, my ping is pretty stable, usually between 20 and 24ms. I did a speed test before and after we played and got a lower speed rating than the last few sessions. I am on cable and I am baffled by the results to say the least. When it's good, it's really good; when it's bad, it's awful.

Sorry for late response needed to get near a computer. Although pingtest does look at some of the stuff you need to know the true test is how you ping with a player. I don't know if you have a way to look how you and a player ping out but I always used old snk games on the 360. FFS, SS2, KOf98UM, and (2002UM used to) have it. Most of the time if your lag is not stable it has to do with your ping between players. If you move in game under 20 m/s it's usually good. Example if you are at 100m/s and you move around to 120m/s and below you're fine. However any more movement and the match gets erratic cause it keeps reseting parameters so much.

My ping in Auora got 40m/s and 6m/s jitter, Nixa Missouri I got 56m/s and a 9m/s jitter. Chicago (which is farthest) I got 16m/s and 1m/s jitter. but I bet if I get with another person that jitter is going to be a lot more cause pinging a server is different then pinging another 360 or computer.

like asociale i noticed things r even worst with the patch, playing with the same ppl i was used to play is a little bit different (in a bad way) which is kind a mistery to me.most of the times u have the feeling u r controlling a snorkie in the deep water and even blue bars have a bad delay i dont want to think snkp is so stupid to make a patch just to fix settings and search parameters, something must have been fixed about the netcode too or it is non sense but ... looking how it is now i only can ask myself what the fu*k did they do ?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
^ They added input lag to work as a rollback on the patch. From what I have witnessed 4 bars tend to mess with frame dropping but as soon as you get to 3 bars the game speed is messed with. It's supposed to stabilize the connection, but for a game like KOF XIII IMO it's a huge mistake cause this game does not work well with ANY kind of lag. My thought is Playmore broke down and made their version of GGPO without thinking of the downside to it or just thinking if they want it so bad here you go now shut up.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 04, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »
Good matches Desmond, if you go by the same name on PSN as you do here i.e.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1220 on: February 04, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »
^ Whats your PSN,  Diavle?

...You ain't using wireless correct? LOL.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 04, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
I'm really happy with the patch. The thing I wanted most was the ability to play only 3 and 4-bar ranked matches, in addition to player matches.

I don't know if the Northwest is really getting into KOF or what, but I haven't had any trouble (yet) finding matches. Of course it varies by time of day, but I typically don't have to wait more than a minute or two in practice mode.

Anyway, the 4 bar match I played post-patch was as good as the 4 bar matches I played pre-patch. Not surprising.

Obviously, I don't have to play 1 bar matches ever again (which I'm thrilled about), but I wanted to see how the game handled bad connections now. The 1 bar matches I played (someone invited me to it) felt very different from the pre-patch 1 bar matches I've played. It seemed like the game felt less like it was underwater, and the game seemed to be running more smoothly. However, the input delay was absolutely absurd. My impression was that SNKP tried to mask the bad connection with more input lag, while trying to keep the game's speed consistent.

In my opinion, this is a worse solution than just slowing the game down.

As I said, though, the good news for me is that I can now avoid the truly awful matches. All in all, I'm happy.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 04, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »
^ Whats your PSN,  Diavle?

Was playing under togi666.

I'm really happy with the patch. The thing I wanted most was the ability to play only 3 and 4-bar ranked matches, in addition to player matches.

I don't know if the Northwest is really getting into KOF or what, but I haven't had any trouble (yet) finding matches. Of course it varies by time of day, but I typically don't have to wait more than a minute or two in practice mode.

Anyway, the 4 bar match I played post-patch was as good as the 4 bar matches I played pre-patch. Not surprising.

Obviously, I don't have to play 1 bar matches ever again (which I'm thrilled about), but I wanted to see how the game handled bad connections now. The 1 bar matches I played (someone invited me to it) felt very different from the pre-patch 1 bar matches I've played. It seemed like the game felt less like it was underwater, and the game seemed to be running more smoothly. However, the input delay was absolutely absurd. My impression was that SNKP tried to mask the bad connection with more input lag, while trying to keep the game's speed consistent.

In my opinion, this is a worse solution than just slowing the game down.

As I said, though, the good news for me is that I can now avoid the truly awful matches. All in all, I'm happy.

Yeah, I'm really satisfied so far as well. Much easier to find 3-4 bar matches now and the experience overall is much better.

Still prefer to play Player matches, barely ever any ragequitting here unlike Ranked.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:56:00 PM by Diavle »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 05, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »
^ Whats your PSN,  Diavle?

Was playing under togi666.

Yo, we should play some more, I don't quite remember if our matches were very laggy or what not, but I'll add you to my list.

Btw, a friend of mine recently experimented with a little tweak to decrease a bit of the lag in our matches. Before we had green bars, but now we have blue. The matches feel VERY nice now. If anyone is interested in hearing how, I can share. :)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 05, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »
Yo, we should play some more, I don't quite remember if our matches were very laggy or what not, but I'll add you to my list.

Yeah for sure, I was using Kula/Chin/Kim for most of our matches (if that helps your memory). The connection felt pretty good on my end.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 05, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »
Btw, a friend of mine recently experimented with a little tweak to decrease a bit of the lag in our matches. Before we had green bars, but now we have blue. The matches feel VERY nice now. If anyone is interested in hearing how, I can share. :)

Please share.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 05, 2012, 08:17:40 AM »
Don't be a prick-tease, Desmond.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 05, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
Guys I am on nat type three and whatever i do i can never get 2 or 1. Nat type 3 only restricts micro or it gives input delay as well?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 05, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »

Please share.

It is explained here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2024.msg45537#msg45537

;)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 05, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »
Anyone else find it odd how even though SoCal seems to hold Robert in such high regard when talking about tiers they never ever actually use him?

Also, seems Mature is moving up their ranks. She was getting a lot of use in yesterday's tournament, even as anchor. Her EX fireball pretty much completely shuts down fireball games, like that of Saiki. Her links equal tons of damage and she can really lock you down with block strings.