Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319094 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1455 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:58 AM »
What do you want Kofxiv for anyways? Characters?

Most everyone from the Ash saga, yes. Plus some form of the tag system (preferably XI), mixed slightly with what XIII has. Hope they could manage that with some balance.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 27, 2012, 12:33:39 PM »
Hmm, if I'm SNKP, the first thing I'm gonna do is concentrate on infrastructures. Namely, developing a reliable in-house netcode, ideally it should be in-house not licensed or purchased or whatever. We can keep milking KOF XIII and our XBLA, PSN or Virtual Console titles to fund our netcode project. Even if all of SNKP don't care about netcode, but majority of players do so we gotta get a good netcode AT ALL COST, many gamers dropped SNK games simply because of netcode...being an old school player who still regularly play DOS games I never understand these motivations, but nevertheless that's the reality. Besides, SNKP is planning to open a new division right? a casual, social gaming division. Kinda like China's booming browser and f2p games, this'll give them plenty of opportunities to practice networking while raking in profits on the side.

So I would suggest that SNKP take it easy with major games for a while, meanwhile developing ways to cope with their weaknesses. Such as studying English....not just for translations (in fact, keep this as Engrish as possible like old times), so they can scout forums like these and get first-hand opinions on foreign markets. Then maybe they could start testing inter-continental Netcode framework, and received accurate feedbacks. Oh, and the pachislots? those had higher production value and budget than the gaming divisions (seriously, with Madhouse animations, famous idol themesongs, famous mangaka arts and other expensive licensed stuff) that gotta change.

So bottom line: SNKP should take it easy and re-evaluate their priorities. Take it slow and steady, don't be tempted to ride on KOF XIII's wave for easy money, that never worked.
Dude, Relax!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 27, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »
^ sounds like a winner

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 27, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
They have had reliable netcode in the past in the form of NGBC and the NeoGeo Station titles. They need to further improve on that and probably use slightly more forgiving controls to help with lag, i.e. KOFXI.

I support more NeoGeo Station releases. I really want to play Garou with that netcode.

As far as the next game, if they want to make money, it should be Garou 2. That is one of their most popular titles of all time in the FGC and fans have wanted it for years. It's one of the few games they've done that gets love from Capcom and SNK fans. If not for the ease of pirting NeoGeo games when Garou launched, they would have made a mint.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1459 on: February 27, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »
I'm with you Nilcam, Neo Station needs more love, Garou:MOTW would be a great addition, and I am dying for some RB games on Neo Geo Station, especially RB2.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:58:01 PM by Running Wild »

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 27, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
100% agree with you guys.
That NGS, needs more releases.
MOTW, RB2 or other SamSho., would be really nice! Hope it will happen...

BTW, I am the only one, feeling that SNKP falls asleep?! :/

KoF 4 EVA

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 27, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »
I dont think they are asleep, I think theyre working on a new project (as SpekSNK' interview pointed).  Also remember the Climax. I think we dont need KOFXIV yet, just 1-2 more DLC character for Climax and consoles (if possible) would be enough to keep going with KOF.
So what should be next? Hmm I loved Garou MOTW, so MOTW2 is good for me. Seeing HD Rock will  impress a lot of fans like schoolgirls (part of me, too ;), I really would like to see HD Dong Hwan and  B. Jenet. But I'm dying to see a new NGBC.
MotW sequel seems logical cause they can create wonders with 12-15 characters (they're hiring so hoping the process would be faster), they could get some money from there, on the other hand NGBC sequel needs a little bit more crowded roster, but with this game inevitable new Snk-Capcom crossover might benefit from the sprites. So for the timeline I'm hoping;

(Meanwhile Climax and hopefully new characters.)
MotW sequel/or better AOF4       -->       NGBC sequel                    -->      KOFXIV -->    SVC sequel by SNK.
                                                  (Meanwhile CVS sequel by Capcom)

Why am I putting crossover to the equation? Crossovers are hot again, KOFXIII changed a lot of opinions and got positive reaction, Capcom is warm to the idea, SNK is warm to the idea. Personally  I (a crazy dream I know) JOJO's Bizarre Adventure Universe vs SNK or  JOJO BA Universe fighting game by SNK. I can only imagine.

affinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 28, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »
It makes you wonder why they choose GSS for netcode again (which made the horrible netcode on KOF12)  for KOFXIII.   

The patch improved it a bit, but less than half of the fanbase isn't going to play it online unless it meets Arcana Heart 3 standards.

They should of hired the company that did Neo Geo Station netcode for KOF95 and KOF96.
Which I think is called M2 or something.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:06 AM »
Likely because SNKP probably owns GSS.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:03 AM »
It makes you wonder why they choose GSS for netcode again (which made the horrible netcode on KOF12)  for KOFXIII.   

The patch improved it a bit, but less than half of the fanbase isn't going to play it online unless it meets Arcana Heart 3 standards.

They should of hired the company that did Neo Geo Station netcode for KOF95 and KOF96.

isn't arcana hearts netcode nearly the same as blazblues?

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 28, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »

Yes, Arcana Heart 3 was ported by Arc System Works, which explains why it feels like BlazBlue's netcode.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »

Yes, Arcana Heart 3 was ported by Arc System Works, which explains why it feels like BlazBlue's netcode.

True, Arcsys did the home port of Arcana Heart 3.

What is incorrect though is how people expect Blazblue netcode to just work with KOF.  Blazblue was created with the specific intent of being a home fighting game AND designed around playing the game ONLINE.  So EVERY move is FIVE frames minimum AND each button press reacts five times to ensure nothing is ever dropped.

KOF on the other hand is still making its games like they're from the 90s or early 2000s where there's still one frame combos that are almost impossible to do online consistently due to changing conditions and lag. 

It's just impossible to impliment Arcsys netcode onto something that is widely incomptable not just gameplay wise, but how they were both built.

KOF 13 has some frame stuff kind of like blazblue, but it's only two frames to compensate for the cheaper Vewlix cab, and not actually how the game was designed.

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 28, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
It's just impossible to impliment Arcsys netcode onto something that is widely incomptable not just gameplay wise, but how they were both built.
There is truth in this statement, I would advise people to not keep asking SNKP to use netcode that isn't their own. 3rd Strike is a prime example, an implementation of GGPO that is worse than most.

As for SNKP owning GSS, now....that is unlikely, but whatever the situation is, netcode must be made to work. Although it befuddled me to no end why SNKP would ever conceal such a fact, more likely it's ONE OF THEIR HIGHER-UPS EXECUTIVE who owned GSS not the company itself. And thus perhaps, just PERHAPS, that he/she deliberately stifled netcode development in order to keep SNKP using the GSS. It's not that far of a stretch, things like this happened all the time: say Kei Yamamoto wanted to use better netcode, be it from their NGBC or GGPO or whatever, then comes order from the board "nope, use GSS". But again, it's unlikely...they fired Maasaki Kukino over KOF XII right? well he resigned actually, but that still proved (at least marginally) that SNKP still cared about their game quality, and willing to spend money and pay to fix the failing. Remember, SNKP ran a huge risk hiring new director and crews for making KOF XIII. Which as we all remember, cannot afford to fail). Luckily though, this Kei Yamamoto guy is an ace, he knew what fans wanted and he gets the job done.

I predict a good year ahead with Kei in the helm, now....if we could only get T.Nishiyama back....he would revive Garou in a flash. Guys, remember how we complain about SNK not being the same anymore? well it literally isn't the same...90% of SNK game in the 90's are produced by T.Nishiyama, while SNKP has had Falcoon, Maasaki Kukino and now Kei. Not to mention one of their exec producer from KOF 2003 all the way to KOF XIII is Soimen (a mystery man still using old-time weird pseudonym like in the Neo-Geo days).
Dude, Relax!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 29, 2012, 04:59:36 AM »
SNK can't even own a server to host their pages, I guess that they hired GSS because they really are that cheap

The netcode from the neo geo station and NGBC will not work since those games are completely different than XIII, which uses way more resources that the other two, plus NGBC wasn't that great IMO from a netcode perspective

Waifu Material

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 02, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
SBO 2012 is announced.
http://www.tougeki.com/