Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319107 times)

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2011, 06:30:57 AM »
seems like everyone is shitting on this game not because it's bad but because its not holding your hand like a little child what happened to gamers today have we all seriously been reduced to a bunch of lazy casuals who cant do anything for our selves!
You can blame Capcom for their "comeback" mechanics.  It's how lazy poor players get by in those games.  Because XIII lacks that, they complain.  Capcom loves their lazy casuals.  So now any game that doesn't cater to them is bad.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2011, 06:38:59 AM »
C'mon , let's not go to the "Fuck Crapcom" route again.

I keep reading mostly good things the players say about the game, some say the online sucks, other say it's good. Whatever it is i think the overall concensus is that the game is good.

Snakz92

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:41 AM »
im loving the game so far! missions are tough!

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2011, 06:54:31 AM »
IDK where the negative feedback is coming from, all the random ppl I've seen on streams so far seem to life/appreciate the game for not being super baby mode.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:54 AM »
IDK where the negative feedback is coming from, all the random ppl I've seen on streams so far seem to life/appreciate the game for not being super baby mode.
I really love KOF13. Online is not bad especially against ppl around the area. Although when it's yellow bar is good to avoid it.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »
C'mon , let's not go to the "Fuck Crapcom" route again.

I keep reading mostly good things the players say about the game, some say the online sucks, other say it's good. Whatever it is i think the overall concensus is that the game is good.
It just rubs me the wrong way because it comes off as trying to make the game look bad for giving fans what they wanted and staying true to what makes KOF good.

Anyway, back to failing trials in Mission Mode.  I thought I was not going to mess with XIII Iori much but he's satisfactory.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
Considering XII was patched and improved upon, I'd expect the same to happen here. I don't have any insider info or anything but it seems likely.

They don't really need to improve a lot, network wise, the game runs great online, it just needs to be "refined" to be better.

If they patch the game, I would love to see the following things changed:

1. Button Config (Doubt this will happen)
2. No "NOW LOADING" icons if you install the game. (Possible and simple?)
3. Add 8 player Lobbies. (Doubt this will also happen, but I hope it does.)
4. HUD Positioning option. (I hope they add this)
5. Voiceover for cutscenes and dialogs. (The STORY mode would had been better with it IMO, even if it's Japanese only. But Doubt it will happen)

P.S. Wishlist FTW! lol

badugi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:31 AM »
you must be kidding me, the netplay is extremely bad.  Every match I feel like Im not even moving cuz of the lag.  Netcode is #1 for improving this game.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
you must be kidding me, the netplay is extremely bad.  Every match I feel like Im not even moving cuz of the lag.  Netcode is #1 for improving this game.

I had some delay, but 100% playable and combos where coming out fine for me. Try to find 4 bars opponents, maybe you were fighting 2 bars and barely 3 bars opponents.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »
the only thing i kinda dont like (outta no where) is hopping over characters when they r standing up even tho i cross them up i get very confused cause i miss a good combo opportunity

as for online its great i had 2 adjust a lil but once i got outta KOF XII mode then i set i wouldnt mind a lil patch tho

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »
So far it reminds me to BBCS in which sometimes the match is laggy at first because the game is synchronizing, but after a few seconds it runs better. But the bar system in KOFXIII is not that accurate, sometimes 3 bars might be close to be 2 bars than actually 3 bars.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2011, 07:38:11 AM »
So far it reminds me to BBCS in which sometimes the match is laggy at first because the game is synchronizing, but after a few seconds it runs better. But the bar system in KOFXIII is not that accurate, sometimes 3 bars might be close to be 2 bars than actually 3 bars.

right on the money i was wondering where that came from

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »
Considering XII was patched and improved upon, I'd expect the same to happen here. I don't have any insider info or anything but it seems likely.

A quick one, I didn't get XII as it didn't exist in my KOF memory at all. By patch do you mean the netcode?

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
Yup, they patched KOF XII netcode, but i heard it still was bad.
There is a good chance they will fix some details of XIII online.

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
I dont really know what the review is complaining about in regards to "holding your hand". Maybe they simply tried the tutorial and not the missions. The missions seem to show alot of what a character is capable of.  You go through some bnbs and every character has like 3 HD combos.  And then you have Kyo's missions...that character is crazy.