Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 322274 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2011, 07:54:47 AM »
anybody think that saiki is a little too strong?

Honestly, after playing with you, I feel the opposite.  Saiki has no decent hitconfirms from lights, and no command normal on the ground to make up the difference.  His zoning is honestly average because he only has one true horizontal fireball which means the opponent doesn't have to respect different fireball speeds coming on the ground.

He's got filthy tools and some potential, but I think he'll settle in middle of the pack after all is said and done unless people find some crazy crap with him.
i dunno maybe i just suck but it seems like you dont have to do near as much work with saiki to get decent damage compared to everyone else

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
I wasn't even doing decent damage -_-.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »
8.5 from Gamepot.

LINK

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
Great to see a proper/balanced review. Glad they had a good online experience. I would, however, argue that being able to have saved matches online would cover the remark 'Lacks replay sharing.'. Overall, I think they give it a very fair revue by guys who know fighters (unlike a certain someone who had to rewrite his review with a higher score for getting bashed to high heck for posting a worthless one) and not just saying so bc I liked the score.

Out of curiosity, how are you liking console Terry?

I love the Real out cr.A, cr.C chain, it's fun to harass people with that and Crackshot, but for the most part I'm focused on Shen/Billy/Takuma. I was planning on using Ralf and Maxima, but man... alot of effort getting in and staying in with those two, and I still haven't gotten down their BnB combo's yet.

You know what would've made Terry perfect in terms of balance? Crack shoot always an overhead (they could've figured out something fancy for the EX instead like ground-bounce on hit. Yeah t'would be the shizzz) - yeah that, just like in MOTW. Oh well, I will certainly take his low start into RB chain tho ;)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2011, 08:27:07 AM »
Crackshoot's like +1 on crouchers, it's basically a pseudo-OH as it is.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2011, 08:31:47 AM »
Gametrailers gave also 8.5 http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-king-of/724332

Usually Gamespot's and Gametrailers' reviews match my opinion. Gametrailers liked XII, I remember they giving it 8.0.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
Fair enough, I wouldn't mind a bit more love for Terry though. I still wish he had a few more tools for breaking down guard...

Either way he's not hurting so that's fine. I want a DLC MOTW Terry, but don't think they'll ever do it bc the movesets would be too similar and a ton of sprite-work. On the other hand...going with the theme of fan service...

Power Dunk breaking into Power Charge juggle into BUSTAH WOLF - OKAY!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »
I would only accept an EX MOTW Terry, if they add ARE YOU OKAY to his Buster Wolf.  If not...I would not be a happy panda.

And I'm not gonna lie, Kensou seems like top 5 at least right now in console.  EASY ass hitconfirms from his lights, great zoning/DP game, his corner pressure is just FILTHY, he can stagger lows into rekkas, he can just come up and normal throw you and combo off of it, he can do hop pressure, AND he has a 1 frame Command Grab DM, along with good FB pressure, and the ability to stagger the gap between his second and third rekka ala Fei Long to catch buttons, and he can get you into the corner rather easily.

Honestly, I can't really think of a flaw in Kensou's game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »
i just wish kensou's dp wasn't the reverse dp motion

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2011, 09:07:29 AM »
everyone is giving 8.0 scores to KOF XIII for the most part, gamespot have always been a fan of the series I'm not surprised. It's just freaking IGN that dared to do it again. Dude I can't believe those idiots get paid, the review was very childish and unprofessional, the video comments are flooded with anger they couldn't be more right, shit is hilarious. at least it seems they're not fooling the audiences this time.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
I would only accept an EX MOTW Terry, if they add ARE YOU OKAY to his Buster Wolf.  If not...I would not be a happy panda.

And I'm not gonna lie, Kensou seems like top 5 at least right now in console.  EASY ass hitconfirms from his lights, great zoning/DP game, his corner pressure is just FILTHY, he can stagger lows into rekkas, he can just come up and normal throw you and combo off of it, he can do hop pressure, AND he has a 1 frame Command Grab DM, along with good FB pressure, and the ability to stagger the gap between his second and third rekka ala Fei Long to catch buttons, and he can get you into the corner rather easily.

Honestly, I can't really think of a flaw in Kensou's game.

Yeah I've heard reports that Kensou is freaking wreckless now. Kane was pretty much confirming the same on chat the other day. Looks like we'll all have to come up with vs Kensou strategies (maybe a vs section on all the wikis would be a cool addon).

Heh, yeah only "are you OK?" would make it OK for me as well :)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2011, 09:10:28 AM »
If it weren't for the fact I decided to pick Kensou before the buffs, I might feel bad using him.  Oh well.

I still got Hwa and Saiki to feel better.  Maybe King if I REALLY need the extra zoning.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
If it weren't for the fact I decided to pick Kensou before the buffs, I might feel bad using him.  Oh well.

I still got Hwa and Saiki to feel better.  Maybe King if I REALLY need the extra zoning.

I picked Kensou too in the arcade.

I like doing his air qcb+p into qcf+k. It sorta looks like a phoenix arrow.

Kensou is too good in this game! I won an online ranked match using only him.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »
I really don't understand how they can keep on putting off the last two chr reveals...

They note the Atlus combo vids and say they don't want to lose in that area either and they got so immersed in making their own vid that it didn't make today's deadline...so they will post it next week.

The rest is fluff about cards, wallpapers, and the box that some stores will have as a display gimmick...

Eh, meh, bleh.

Want official reveals pleeeease! <to get official availability dates >_<

Heh, dunno how much blog reading I will do next Thu anyway as that's my date for disc in hand  d(^w^)b