Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319033 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
If it weren't for the fact I decided to pick Kensou before the buffs, I might feel bad using him.  Oh well.

I still got Hwa and Saiki to feel better.  Maybe King if I REALLY need the extra zoning.

I picked Kensou too in the arcade.

I like doing his air qcb+p into qcf+k. It sorta looks like a phoenix arrow.

Kensou is too good in this game! I won an online ranked match using only him.

Well OCV's happen with anyone.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/24/king-of-fighters-xiii-review/

A fair review that comes across as smart enough even though it is aimed at a casual crowd.

A not so serious review that was possitive was that of classic game room. It isn't very informative so i'd mainly recommend it if you enjoy cgr, though it does give a casual view on the game that is positive despite any "difficulty" issues.

*Noticed that they wrote atlas instead of atlus at the bottom of the page.. I am indeed bored.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:28:12 PM by The Fluke »

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »
here's another casual 7 review

http://www.gamesradar.com/king-fighters-xiii-review/

old fashioned ways and gaunt presentation,Extremely unfriendly to beginners. WOW!!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »

old fashioned ways and gaunt presentation,Extremely unfriendly to beginners. WOW!!

you have to remember after the 90's games started getting really easy and people became spoiled by it

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
Screw the  2000's and the easy mode era that came with it

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »

you have to remember after the 90's games started getting really easy and people became spoiled by it

The good old days.. Where you're lives where numbered so to say. I remember the megadrive/genesis often being relatively brutal when it came to continues (Comix Zone anyone?). Combine that with an oldschool coin sucker to teach people to want to not lose. Neo-Genesis, the perfect combination of awesome and awesome to forge a new generation of gamers. It will revolutionize gaming by transcending console generations and become the next prophet of all compatible religions, others will succumb to its might and fade away in awe. Jesus will resurrect just to have a go at Metal Sludge; Hard Corpse 2 and then go back to heaven to preach of earths glory. There will be an end to hunger as we all turn to cannibalistic jelly from lack of exercise and an evolutionary growth spurt so that we can finally fit an optimal number of people in the same room withouth having to worry about leaving console setups unattended.

Anime fans will be tricked to spend some of their cash.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
the arcade mode isn't tough so i don't understand how it is unfriendly to beginners all you need is bare basic fg knowledge
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
the arcade mode isn't tough so i don't understand how it is unfriendly to beginners all you need is bare basic fg knowledge

But will you enjoy the game with bare basic fg knowledge? What if you don't have that knowledge at all?

This genre overall is anything but new blood or beginner friendly, I can definitely see where some of these reviewers are coming from.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:45:09 PM by Diavle »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »

But will you enjoy the game with bare basic fg knowledge? What if you don't have that knowledge at all?

This genre overall is anything but new blood or beginner friendly, I can definitely see where some of these reviewers are coming from.
as do i but most of these reviewers seem to do theese reviews for casual crowd not to many people in your everyday gaming or website know that much about fighting games

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
the reviewer clearly sucks at fighting games. He should stick to his genres for all I care I'm done loading up my music I'm going back to play this amazing game nobody knows what could happen tomorrow, The end of the world??!! I need to play this as much as I could, 4 DAY WEEKEND BABY!!! and KOF XIII to my side, I can die in peace. I'll see you later
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:06:53 PM by Rukawa »

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »

you can beat the final bosses with goro's earthquake move alone.... and by bare basic i mean't being able to do special moves consistently and knowing how to block.

yeah real tough
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »
if you dont know how to play chess, you have no right to even think about critisizing the game much less reviewing it. this ist ssbb or mk, there is no room in a true fighter for casuals, so to all those fuck off and die, i mean bye. f true fighters are one of of the few genres thats never been for fucking noobs/ casuals. you can be a noob at first, but you need to understand that you will need to develop skills and put in the time to not be a casual. yes you can be a casual kof player if you already know how to kick ass in most other fighters and play this for casual fun. but if you have no understanding and fundamentals and are a true casual not into fighters, and dont think you'll put in the time needed dont buy the fucking game and complain about shit. true fighting games are not for casuals, in fact the more casual unfriendly they are, the better the game probably will be. casuals better stick to tekken, sc, mk and ssbb.

back on topic, i think kensous only weakness is he needs to come in and do real damage, but his crouching lights lack range like chin. hes sort of like RB2 joe & andy in that aspect, in that he has tools for pretty much any situation and then some.

like i said a 100 times before, terry and mai need more moves. firekibk, air bk and pd for terry would have mde him the sweeetest terry ever. mai needs that 95/98 dp, ;fd ;b ovehead and maybe an air fb and a jumping grab dm ala hwa and mais rbs pp. goro and clarks problems have been resolved the exact way i thought would work as well, those new console dc cancels, it's like snkp was reading my posts again, lol.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
Page 13th to that console release edition!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:24:56 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
as do i but most of these reviewers seem to do theese reviews for casual crowd not to many people in your everyday gaming or website know that much about fighting games

Yeah, these reviews are by casuals for casuals pretty much. Nothing of importance for us.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »
back on topic, i think kensous only weakness is he needs to come in and do real damage, but his crouching lights lack range like chin. hes sort of like RB2 joe & andy in that aspect, in that he has tools for pretty much any situation and then some.

I don't know if they've changed his rekkas noticeably but in kof xii, if Kensou did three lights in a row, the first rekka could whiff, if it did hit then the second was guaranteed to whiff due to spacing and most of the time you could only actually use one light before rekkas after a jump in. He's probably gonna be good but from where i'm standing it seems like he is gonna have good punishes, safe but weak strings and then the sligthly worse then average hitconfirms. Then i recall that he can cancel out of his target combo (great buff i believe) and i wonder if his rekkas move forward more than in xii because otherwise they might not work if the distance at the end has become too great.