Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319028 times)

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
OBS: When Wallas (tournament organizer) bring complete infos, I'm going to post the WP Cup at Tournament Section

KOF XIII CONFIRMED @ WP Cup 2012, Brazil

Wallas confirmed KOF XIII tournament, raising the lineup to 4 games (SSF4AE 2012, UMVC3, MK9 and now, KOF XIII) of WP Cup, in São Paulo Brazil.

The tournament overall will run at Jan,7th to Jan,8th (same weekend of SF3 JP CoopCup)

Zeroblack (Chile KOF'98 top player) confirmed his presence. Maybe another latin legends from other KOF's can confirm to XIII tournament.

JS Master (CAN) will play SSF4AE 2012 and UMVC3. Tom Brady (USA)plays his main game: MK9

The KOF tournament will have 32 player max (due to release delay) and the prize is a Full Sanwa Custom Arcade Stick.

More infos still in this week, right here @ Dream Cancel

Saudações Brasileiras,

Vinn Aleixo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:16:27 PM by Vinn Aleixo (aleixoFM) »

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #376 on: November 30, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
Double post:

Bonus Artworks from KOF XIII Euro Special Edition

http://www.jeuxactu.com/images/kof-13-les-bonus-en-images-77723-4-6-1.htm#img

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 30, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »
Double post:

Oh yes!!! this is what I was looking for! is this all that's in the CD?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »
I don't think my Hwa will be decent enough before NEC, so I'm considering going with either Elizabeth or Iori, or hell just someone else for NEC.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 30, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »
Gonna be at NEC also. Gonna play Takuma, K, and Kyo see how that goes.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 30, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
Double post:

hey that's supposed to be just for us, just kidding.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »
I've been running into players online that get the SF4 Ultra mentality and love to throw out random Neo Maxes.

In one match, first round, I was using Andy vs Kyo, and I threw a EX fireball, didn't realize he had 3 stocks already and I ate a Neo Max lol. Full screen punish too. In that same match though, he got really antsy with Vice and just threw out her NeoMax for no reason, which I was waiting for, and killed her for it. I knew he was gonna get impatient and try to throw it out.

I rarely use Neo Maxes. I'd rather save the meter for EX, I can do just as much damage with a simple BnB without blowing all my meter on 1 move.

That might be me lol. I use Kyo first and then Vice but I dont play SSFIV :P

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2011, 02:50:08 AM »
I was over at a friends place playing all day this tuesday and while the level of play was crap i atleast realized that Joes EX Screw upper and NeoMax are great for punishing some specific stuff, like kensous run/leap/kick special. Nothing wrong with taking away 30/45% health in an instant imo. Though i would prefer to do something flashier, i must say that in my second day playing i just wasn't there yet. I did manage to do a couple of HD combos but it is hard to hitconfirm in this game atm since i have to mind the timing and so on so i rarely go for anything but safe bets. It should be good soon though, it is coming together for me.

I understand if people choose to go for simple damage, doing actual combos does require actual work. Training mode is so rewarding here though, i'm getting the hang of Joes tigerkick/golden heel wallcarry stuff and it just feels so sweet to keep the opponent floating.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:16 AM »
Question...why were you able to counter that Kensou special in the first place?  What I mean is, what the hell was that Kensou thinking to actually decide to throw out that move raw?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:07 AM »
Question...why were you able to counter that Kensou special in the first place?  What I mean is, what the hell was that Kensou thinking to actually decide to throw out that move raw?

Ehh.. I really meant that the level of play was crap :P He just liked spamming that move because he didn't get punished enough. I don't think the third guy who was playing even figured out a punish for it.. He did get a little scared when fighting me later on though and it was obvious that he was keeping track of my meters. I think light slash kick is a solid punish aswell though so that's just my bad for not using it enough really. Growing pains you know.. Gotta play dumb before you play smart.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:30 AM »
Okay, seriously, I'm so sick of getting mauled by Kula.  I've yet to beat a single competent Kula.  At this point I'd probably fare better by just putting down the controller and hopefully the opponent gets so confused it becomes a draw.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 01, 2011, 06:07:03 AM »
Resistance is futile against the overpowered loli XD

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:40 AM »
bit off topic but seems like decent ammount of people on 4 chan are enjoying KoF though a lot of them have the same complaints we do about the netcode

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 01, 2011, 07:04:56 AM »
Beware, 2.99 is now becoming the next 8.95.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 01, 2011, 07:35:54 AM »
Got at least one good set in. Decent player (I feel like an asshole forgetting his name right now) he had a Runaway Elizabreast, very annoying character. Can't wait for that patch.

Random thoughts:

My Ralf is garbage. Offline I don't have too many problems, but online I accidentally get moves out all the time. A simple standing CD into Punch easily becomes a Galactic Phantom. Messed around with his corner combos off of an EX punch and it turns out I can get about 350-400 damage on average by either comboing straight into Bareback super, or doing Explosion, C charge punch, Cancel into another Explosion and possibly into another charge punch. Roughly the same damage is done either way. Still not a bad character, just has a bad wakeup game and mediocre AA game.

Maxima I think is going to be low tier. He's just too slow, and can't punish as well as 90% of the cast. His guard points are his greatest gimmick, but his grabs are terrible (probably the worst in the game), and he has a hard time getting in. This is how you beat Maxima; pretend you're fighting a worse version of Hugo or Zangief... like Hakan. His guard points are his one and only useful feature. *It was funny, the guy I was playing on PSN did Maxima's Super to AA me, I short hop A with Clark, Maxima absorbed the hit, but it was so slow that I was able to block the super and punish him.

Billy is a fucking black pimp. Just an amazingly good character overall. His only weakness being a bad AA game. His mixups are scary. He has an easy combo into Neo Max Super (and Neo Max is a really good punish too) and I believe his EX up kicks are safe on block or at least appear so online ;) .

Messed around with Mature, why do all of her supers do almost no damage? Other than that she's a good character.

I don't get Claw Iori. He's easy, perhaps easier to use than Flame Iori. But if you zone him or know your characters best jump ins there's not much he can do. He just doesn't have the pressure he once had. There's no real reason to use him over Flame Iori unless of course Claw Iori does more damage or has easier Neo Max combos, both of which I doubt. His command grab is garbage too. There's just no real reason to use him right now compared to most of the cast that has good ways of getting in. And less of a reason once Flame Iori is out next week.

Clark is still a black pimp :D . His B Sab is just so godly, not just because of autoguard, but because of the tick possibilities it has. He's the only grappler (aside from maybe Goro and his Kara Throw) who has great tick throws. My only problem is that his EX charge punch trades with certain things. I guess they had to give him some kind of weakness but I hate predicting that joe schmoe is going to do something, and they do random Tatsu as I do the EX and it trades...

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:43:54 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.