Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319045 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2011, 02:34:06 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone else knows, but button config IS on the character select screen, just not obvious. Just press the cancel button on character select screen in versus mode, there is an option to change button config. Also I'm not trying online again until the patch at least. Really bad connections even with a green bar.

Yeah, we kinda knew about it, but you must press O or B before picking any characters, that is the only way it should show up.

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2011, 02:50:48 AM »
I'm new to competitive KOF scene. So who are players that I should check out?

I can watch videos all day at work so I could give a f... how many players you guys can write me!

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2011, 03:22:19 AM »
Reynald, the Answer, Bala, Romance, Mr. KOF, Kane317, Poongko, KCE

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2011, 03:48:32 AM »
Reynald, the Answer, Bala, Romance, Mr. KOF, Kane317, Poongko, KCE, ach-videos, CMD, metaphysics, Team Chaos

Fixed.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 10, 2011, 04:36:28 AM »
Reynald, the Answer, Bala, Romance, Mr. KOF, Kane317, Poongko, KCE, ach-videos, CMD, metaphysics, Team Chaos

Fixed.

Quit being modest Kane.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2011, 06:40:31 AM »
Chin is a turnoff.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2011, 06:44:05 AM »

Fixed.

Quit being modest Kane.

Honest? What is honest about using the SSS Tier Chin??? That small midget is overpowered!!

(lol j/k)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 14, 2011, 01:26:14 AM »
So KOF XIII did not win the VGAs and I'm pretty sure I know why.

Viacom has stocks in the Mortal Kombat franchise. Not only that, they own MTV. This is easily the most obscure conjob I've ever seen, but hey, it's like playing the "Kevin Bacon" game.

Anyway, bummed about that. We seem to have come in second though.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 14, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »
So KOF XIII did not win the VGAs and I'm pretty sure I know why.

Viacom has stocks in the Mortal Kombat franchise. Not only that, they own MTV. This is easily the most obscure conjob I've ever seen, but hey, it's like playing the "Kevin Bacon" game.

Anyway, bummed about that. We seem to have come in second though.

Reiki...I hope that this is a joke...seriously, and if it is, congrats, you found your sense of humor.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 14, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »
Even though that could had made a diference

1) This are the VGA, for god's sake, wwe all stars was there

2) Plus MK9 was really popular, in a local survey here, the game won by big difference

Marvel, could have won if weren't for the whole umvc 3 fiasco, street fighter is fading in obscurity, and KOF XIII is an incredible niche game, mk9 winning is not weird for me in any sense

Honestly, people shouldn't care for the VGA awars, at least the FGC

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 14, 2011, 04:02:25 AM »
Well I officially declare the XBL Online portion of KOFXIII officially dead, and I doubt the netcode patch will save it.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 14, 2011, 04:51:35 AM »
I was just playing some today. The game paired with a player from France with one-bar connection. That wasn't fun.

Then I played a FT10 with someone else as a player match. Great games with a smooth connection.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 14, 2011, 04:53:30 AM »
Maybe I should revise to say, at least in the US it seems dead.  Only matches available off of searching were 2 bars or lower, and making a room for two hours, not one entrant.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 14, 2011, 05:14:34 AM »
Had a bad night online. I thought online was 'okay' before but for whatever reason half the time I can't get my combos out. It's totally random. I'm not mashing. I have the timing down and they don't come out half the time. Then short hops become regular jumps and you eat yet another AA.

Then it got weird, I played a guy who had a nice Shen, but he used Flame Iori, and he knocked me down in the corner, I hold back to block his short hop C, and I eat his combo. This happened 3 times in a row. I know I'm blocking correctly, and nothing. Free combo for them.

Doesn't help that almost everyone online is very, very content to pick shoto, runaway, spam projectile, and do random AA's... Thank god for Clark.

Can't find my mojo for a solid 2nd character either. I do well with Clark and Billy but not so much Flame Iori. I feel like I get in, do Rekka if it lands, SRK or crC to AA them, maybe go for a command grab on their wakeup. Maybe I kill their character, I runaway and use projectile to build one more bar for Clark and I get killed. Tried out Kyo and Ryo, didn't like 'em. Here's hoping for Mr. Karate.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 14, 2011, 05:32:26 AM »
Maybe I should revise to say, at least in the US it seems dead.  Only matches available off of searching were 2 bars or lower, and making a room for two hours, not one entrant.

I know how you feel.  I played a lot of matches vs my friend and it bumped my player level up pretty high.  If I wait 30 mins for someone to join, chances are they leave immediately anyway. 

Me and you should play together, we connected decently didn't we?  I won't use Kula, I promise.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s